Convertible Vehicles Enthusiasts | Information | Maintenance

Anyone try the Kicker 6 1/2's in their verts?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 04:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone try the Kicker 6 1/2's in their verts?

Circuit City has the Kicker 6 1/2's on sale for 99.00 for two and 50% off for a second pair, web ID is 055KS60. About all my speakers are shot so I was gonna maybe try these out if I dont have to fab the rear speakers at all. I hear the magnets can get in the way of the vert top when it comes down. Is there a way to fix this problem with aftermarket speakers? Thanks for any help.
Matt
Old 07-23-2007, 10:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Mine had these when I got it: Pioneer TS A1655, see the specs below... I only took them out cause I went back all stock from the h/u down, worked fine, no clearance issues. I will sell these for $25 shipped for the pair, they use the stock grills, I take paypal too. PM for info...
BTW-I have some fronts too but they are Rockford Fosgate's Fanatic p's FNP1406 w/speakers, tweeters, and crossovers for $100 shipped if you have any interest too or $120 for both shipped, can send pics too.

The Pioneer universal speaker series is the widest range of speakers in the industry, designed for convenient installation in all types of cars. Available in 5 separate series to meet different sonic preferences and budgets, each offers an exceptional combination of high technology, quality and high value for money.??Pioneer's speakers TS A1655 feature Foamed IMPP (Injection Molded Polypropylene) Rigilite Composite Cone (Pearl White) for higher performance and deeper bass, Butyl Rubber Surround for smoother response, High Energy Strontium Magnet (Woofer), Latex-treated Conex Damper for enhanced linear bass response, Glass-Imide Voice Coil Bobbin for high power handling capabilities, CCAW (Copper-Clad Aluminum Wire) Long Voice Coil, 1-1/4" Foamed PPC (Pearl PolyCarbon) Balanced Dome Tweeter with Magnetic Fluid, Shallow Mounting Depth for wider installation coverage, Redesigned Basket for improved fit on GM oversized 6-1/2" applications. .
Attached Thumbnails Anyone try the Kicker 6 1/2's in their verts?-bitviper-045.jpg   Anyone try the Kicker 6 1/2's in their verts?-bitviper-054.jpg  

Last edited by 99'CajunFirehawk157; 07-23-2007 at 11:13 PM.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:40 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Be careful with the rears, I gather they're a super low profile and
you don't have much extra room to grow.
Old 07-27-2007, 06:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

the stock rear speakers unless blown are more than enough. and are cheap form GM to replace. its alot easier for our stock rear speakers to handle loud volumes of treble than our door speakers handling lots of bass.

i have no distortion with mine at high volumes. so i never plan to go with anything but the stock speakers for the back. and because like someone else said. their is hardly any room. and smaller magnets arent really the "in" thing these days so its hard to find a set that will fit. you could fab a brace that come out towards the seat more i guess. but to each his own.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:17 AM
Launching!

you can go with deeper aftermarket ones if you trim the plastic ring on the back side of the trim panel, and use a spacer on the speaker between it and the metal,

I used 3/4 heater hose and attached it with short metal screws that had a corse thread starting at the bottem and working around it will also act, then used longer 1 1/4 inch sheetmetal screws to attach the speaker to the metal on the body the hose gave a very solid surface to hold the speakers in place and helped eliminate vibrations

the only down side is now my rears are more powerful than the front so i have the fader on the alpine set at 5 to the front to balance,

I am changeing to componants over the winter and going to mount the tweeter that would have been in the rear in the front in pods on the back side of the mirror mount. It will add additonal usable volume.

Last edited by Topless TA; 07-31-2007 at 09:32 AM.

Quick Reply: Anyone try the Kicker 6 1/2's in their verts?