Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Cammed C6 Z06 vs Modded R35

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 02:12 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cammed C6 Z06 vs Modded R35

Hey all have a question iam racing a guy from dubai with a modded R35 he has the cats removed plus has a tune and most probably is boosting more than stock. i have a LG stage 3 cammed 08 C6 z06 with Lg longtube headers+ K&N and a really good tune what r my chances against the R35.
Old 10-21-2008, 07:22 AM
11 Second Club

What is a R35?
Old 10-21-2008, 08:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

R35= New Nissan GTR. This thread will probably be moved to the bench racing section or whatever its called. Anyway, stock for stock C6 Z's are faster then R35s, do you just have headers or do you have an x pipe and cat back? With a cam im gonna guess your putting down low to mid 500'srwhp. I'm gonna guess that you will win but this thread needs a little more info. Dyno numbers for you and him? How much boost is he running, "more than stock" is a very wide range. I would think he needs atleast 50rwhp more than you to win and im guessing he doesn't have it.

Anyway race him and get it on video, I know everyone says that but its true thats the only way to really find out.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

What tires do you have? Shift like hell and you will beat him maybe kill him....Heat those tires, turn all supporting systems off and run him at 4k rpms in 1st. and 3 honk him and as long as you hit your second perfect. You should kill him....
Old 10-21-2008, 02:02 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SlowFRC
R35= New Nissan GTR. This thread will probably be moved to the bench racing section or whatever its called. Anyway, stock for stock C6 Z's are faster then R35s, do you just have headers or do you have an x pipe and cat back? With a cam im gonna guess your putting down low to mid 500'srwhp. I'm gonna guess that you will win but this thread needs a little more info. Dyno numbers for you and him? How much boost is he running, "more than stock" is a very wide range. I would think he needs atleast 50rwhp more than you to win and im guessing he doesn't have it.

Anyway race him and get it on video, I know everyone says that but its true thats the only way to really find out.
I have the headers with the x-pipe and stock exhaust. I havent yet dynoed the car yet but will soon The GTR most probably is running 16psi max and we are racing from 30mph role/ Well we will see this weekend Just wanted to get an idea of the out come. Thanks for ure input.
Old 10-21-2008, 02:06 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SilveradoSS500
What tires do you have? Shift like hell and you will beat him maybe kill him....Heat those tires, turn all supporting systems off and run him at 4k rpms in 1st. and 3 honk him and as long as you hit your second perfect. You should kill him....
Still have the stock tires
Tried launching the car at 4k before no use wheel spin like crazy.
I wish the roads here in dubai were like back home(seattle)
Old 10-21-2008, 04:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hope you kick his ****!!! A tune would be a great asset to you, as I was at DiabloSport when they tuned one of the first C6Zs. They got 30RWHP/30RWT, the C6Z was bone stock. Here's the sheet:

Old 10-21-2008, 06:08 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dynoed bone stock GTR R35 it made 437RWHP since we removed the driveshaft on the dyno So the car is close to 410-420AWHP Maybe less with the cats removed and tune (it add 4-5psi If I'm not mistaken) the car could get 500-510AWHP Since it has some huge cats and like 4 mufflers LOL

But with your mods Boltson Cammed you'll kill IF YOU CAN DRIVE and depends on if its from dig or roll.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:17 PM
TECH Addict

Thumbs up

Did you say, he's got 16psi? That is gonna be a good race.
Of course, I want the Z to crush the R35.
GOOD LUCK!!!!
Old 10-22-2008, 01:11 PM

pimp smack that jap junk
Old 10-22-2008, 01:24 PM
TECH Regular

From a roll, you will crush him. THere is no getting around the 3750lb curb weight and awd sapping d/t loss...even with a fancy tranny. Just bang your gears diligently and let your hp and weight advantage do the rest.

If its from a dig, bring some lube because its going to hurt...
Old 10-22-2008, 05:01 PM
On The Tree

No question you will win... Even from a roll you will pull on him and catch up , just depends on what you are racing to ....

I have a C5Z and raced a Skyline ( Not sure which version ), it was close but then again I dont have a cam, only bolt on's , gears, and tune.

We raced getting on the freeway so was a sort of a roll. had a long sweeping turn from the light to get to the on ramp and was maxed out the entire time. He had me through the corner but once we were straight I was pullin. I beat him to where the lane merges on the on ramp doing about 130mph (-:

You could hear the boost but just wasnt enough (-:
Old 10-23-2008, 02:28 PM
12 Second Club

That is no comparison. You could probably beat him with a stock z.

The z06 walks away from the GTR very quickly at 100mph. Even from a dig, he may get you off the line, but a decent driver will reel him in and smoke him by the end of a quarter, especially with a cam and supporting mods.
Old 10-23-2008, 05:41 PM
Teching In

SOo guys bottom line i blew my motor raced the R35 5 times from a 50km roll and on each run he put about 3-5 cars on me. On the fifth race i was at about 200km and boom that S**t blew . I am goin crazy here as to what the f happened and why the r35 beat me when he said he only had exhaust and was boostin .9 bar ?????????????????????????????????

Last edited by zeshawn; 10-23-2008 at 06:00 PM.
Old 10-23-2008, 06:10 PM
11 Second Club

was your car dynoed or was it a mail-order tune? do you know what numbers you were putting down? I had G7x4 h/c, LG LTs, Borla catback, CAI and put out 562/517. You had to be close to that!! I feel like i would have drug that car, but who knows? maybe they got more in them than i was expecting.

sorry to hear about your car, i just sold my h/c LS7 longblock about a month ago, or you'd have been in the market for it. good luck
Old 10-23-2008, 06:19 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Jeenis
was your car dynoed or was it a mail-order tune? do you know what numbers you were putting down? I had G7x4 h/c, LG LTs, Borla catback, CAI and put out 562/517. You had to be close to that!! I feel like i would have drug that car, but who knows? maybe they got more in them than i was expecting.

sorry to hear about your car, i just sold my h/c LS7 longblock about a month ago, or you'd have been in the market for it. good luck
Well i got the car tuned from one of a well known tuner here in dubai he used hp tuner didnt get to dyno the car
Old 12-25-2008, 03:25 PM

Default American Pride will keep our hopes ALIVE

I hate to let you guys into a secret.....

The R34 and R35 will walk on us!

We have Dyno'd 10 stock R35's off the boat and all hit 512awhp stock! This is a 3.8l V6 running on stock boost. These blocks are solid deck which means it can handle an estimated 35psi!!!! An acquaintance of mine is running just under 1200awhp on his R34.

Power numbers aside, we are talking about physics.......... You cannot get better launch from two tires versus four. Just not gonna happen.

The stock quarter mile (according to Motor Trend Jan 2009) for the stock 2009 (Blue Devil) ZR1 is 11.2 sec @ 130.5 mph. (5.3lb / hp)

The stock quarter mile (according to Motor Trend Jan 2009) for the stock 2009 GTR is 11.5 sec @ 121.0 mph (8.1lb / hp)

Stock, the two cars are close. However, anyone knowing the history of Nissan Motors would know that all their cars are severely under tuned.

The most insulting thing of all............ Do you guys realize that not only does the R35 have suspension settings to turn it from a SuperCar that it is into a Luxury car with just a touch of a button, but IT ALSO SEATS FOUR PEOPLE! Don't forget the built in Bose Surround sound DVD system.

The sticker price on an R35 is $68,000. Yet it out performs those of greater sticker price.

So it didn't surprise me to see a person running only 16psi on his R35 killing us. Only to think...... the extreme Skylines have yet to appear. Imagine a tuned R35 running 20 or even 30 psi!!! I tip my hat, not in shame of my American Muscle, but to a competitive company who stepped it up. Let's just hope they don't shave some of those lbs's and really put us in a tight spot.

****Keep America alive and keep buying our sweat and blood, keep buying American!!****
Old 12-26-2008, 01:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default !

Thank you for that refreshing update on the GTR! That information is very useful!

P.S. all the new GTR's I've seen first hand dyno'd are only in the 425+-10AWHP range, which is on a Mustang Dyno.. slightly more realistic.
So I'm assuming your 512 is on a dynojet with incorrect information factored in, but hey, every dyno is different.

edit: Wait, they go for 68K? Where! I'd love to find a non-price gouging dealer!

Last edited by OKcruising; 12-26-2008 at 01:30 PM.
Old 12-26-2008, 01:51 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by marcusw
I hate to let you guys into a secret.....

The R34 and R35 will walk on us!

We have Dyno'd 10 stock R35's off the boat and all hit 512awhp stock! This is a 3.8l V6 running on stock boost. These blocks are solid deck which means it can handle an estimated 35psi!!!! An acquaintance of mine is running just under 1200awhp on his R34.

Power numbers aside, we are talking about physics.......... You cannot get better launch from two tires versus four. Just not gonna happen.

The stock quarter mile (according to Motor Trend Jan 2009) for the stock 2009 (Blue Devil) ZR1 is 11.2 sec @ 130.5 mph. (5.3lb / hp)

The stock quarter mile (according to Motor Trend Jan 2009) for the stock 2009 GTR is 11.5 sec @ 121.0 mph (8.1lb / hp)

Stock, the two cars are close. However, anyone knowing the history of Nissan Motors would know that all their cars are severely under tuned.

The most insulting thing of all............ Do you guys realize that not only does the R35 have suspension settings to turn it from a SuperCar that it is into a Luxury car with just a touch of a button, but IT ALSO SEATS FOUR PEOPLE! Don't forget the built in Bose Surround sound DVD system.

The sticker price on an R35 is $68,000. Yet it out performs those of greater sticker price.

So it didn't surprise me to see a person running only 16psi on his R35 killing us. Only to think...... the extreme Skylines have yet to appear. Imagine a tuned R35 running 20 or even 30 psi!!! I tip my hat, not in shame of my American Muscle, but to a competitive company who stepped it up. Let's just hope they don't shave some of those lbs's and really put us in a tight spot.

****Keep America alive and keep buying our sweat and blood, keep buying American!!****
us? not sure why you are putting everyone in your category because everyone has different mods...and the fastest drag cars are RWD just for your info
Old 12-26-2008, 02:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I call BS on this whole story.

Quick Reply: Cammed C6 Z06 vs Modded R35