Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Who makes this C5 TT kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 11:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 1BADBURB
what you hear is wrong. there is nothing complete about this kit. if you do some research, you will find that the kit is INCOMPLETE and requires a LOT of relocation of "things". not to mention, underhood temps are HIGH and will melt the hood and bubble paint. the piping is nice, but you can do that anywhere. the turbos are crap as we well.

i was looking to do a tt setup on my car and this was the first kit i looked at since it was cheap. but the saying goes, you get what you pay for, and its DEFINITELY apparent in this case. don't believe me, go to CF.com and research in the FI section, you'll see a ton of info on this.

Hinson has an AWESOME setup!!! def worth the 5100 price tag for a BRAND new kit!!!

I'm not personally gonna get into a pissing match about the ebay or knock off kits,...or about a used kit on the internet...or whatever.

What I will talk about, is the talk the kit being all show, and seemingly not a good kit, from what your saying.

The heat, can be fixed. For example, in my situation, I did encounter alot of things, heat related. My hood, being close to the turbos, did start to turn my white paint, mildly tinted, kinda yellowish. That waxed right out. WHat I did to fix that was, one, install turbo blankets,.....also my entire exhaust was coated and wrapped,....and still, it would turn yellow(I did coat and wrap everything the first time before install).... so, what I did was added some heat reflective tape/insulation on the inside of my hood. It now replaces my factory hood liner.

That heat problem, solved.

I also went into great lengths to wrap all electrical components, before my install. Common sense and mock up helpedme to figure out what was nearby heat, so I can insulate or wrap it.

That wasn't a big deal

What else?... IAT's? Yeah, i'd imagine they'd be high. What I did, was cut a hole in my bumper plate cover,...screened it,...and I also added naca ducts that mount right above my air filters,....my IAT's are AT or NEAR ambient.

Again, a little common sense outside the box thinking, i've solved my problems.

And what, what do you have to move? The radiator has to be raked,...ok, so, you have to do that for a big boy blower kit as well. Reroute some coolant hoses,...your good.

Coolant tank, and wiper jug get moved but,...again, they can be moved anywhere, and the coolant jug can be very small, or very custom, and hidden. People change these for looks anyways..... lte alone the fact that GM has a problem with stock plastic tanks failing. I've replaced about 10 for people in a lifetime. Including myself.

ANd now, lets get to the power. Well, what kit, makes more power then this STYLEd kit with proper turbo's on it? I know TTiX or APS, although great kits, or more OEM based/styled, therefore they compromise performance, to appeal to a "factory look" or asthethetic's. They've gotta fit in tight spaces,...therefore, small turbos, small pipes....small filters,....internal gates,.....etc. Not as optiomal as it COULD be,...again, due to space constraints.

This kit, doesn't give a **** about that. It is, in every way, a race kit. It's not for a 90 year old dude, that isn't afraid to work on his car. This is more of a serious, all out styled turbo,...one that isn't worried about compromise.

If your going to say that this kit is only a "looker"....ok, well, again, look at nearly every single custom turbo kit on the market. Not just for vettes. I'm talking, every custom car you've ever seen turbo charged, think of all the G machines,...think of all the aftermarket shops,....think of GM's custom turbo project cars,....they all share the near identical piping/header/turbo/downpipe/intercooler layout.

They all typically make more then 1000hp,...

Just saying, this kit is badass. Don't diss it unless you've got some real experience with it...
Old 02-05-2009, 12:09 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Since you did not say it J, someone show me a kit that will make over 780 rwhp on a stock LS6 bottom end at just 11 psi...dont think thats going to happen till someone figures out how to stuff a set of 67s in an APS kit.....
Old 02-05-2009, 05:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

True statement.
Old 02-05-2009, 08:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unless you are going to build a motor and make this an all out performance car stay away from the kit... I'm not saying it isn't a good kit for power etc but not one for a daily driver/weekend cruiser, you already have a race car. For a daily driver get a procharger head unit and brackets with A&A's intercooler kit and be done with it. I've done stock motor vettes with just headers and a D1SC making 730-740 to the wheels.Or if you like vortech just get a complete A&A kit. If you MUST have a turbo kit go APS or TTi... your not trying to set the world on fire with this car.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:04 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I'd venture to say V-Series can write a book against the ProCharger argument, as he dealt with belts for months on his car, why do you think he wound up going turbo to start with?

The belt/pulley/alignment/constant maintenance got to even him, and he works on cars for a living.

Compared to the PC setup, his PTK kit has been virtually perfect in every way. He gets in the car, it starts, and drives, every day. Could not say the same for the blower...at least not on his car.
Old 02-06-2009, 05:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by NiceTry
Unless you are going to build a motor and make this an all out performance car stay away from the kit... I'm not saying it isn't a good kit for power etc but not one for a daily driver/weekend cruiser, you already have a race car. For a daily driver get a procharger head unit and brackets with A&A's intercooler kit and be done with it. I've done stock motor vettes with just headers and a D1SC making 730-740 to the wheels.Or if you like vortech just get a complete A&A kit. If you MUST have a turbo kit go APS or TTi... your not trying to set the world on fire with this car.

What stock motor vettes are making 730-740rwhp reliably, and without meth? Blower cars making 700+,.....all of them TYPICALLY have built motors and cubes.

I have nothing against any power adder, i've delt with them all. They all have pro's and cons.

If you want to have a twin turbo vette, buy and APS kit and be done with it. If you want the same, with added performance, go with TTiX. If you want to set the world on fire, as you said,...buy the ptk kit. This kit, isn't for everyone,...is a true statement.

It is reliable however,...as Mike brought out, I use the car, everyday...No hiccups, no issues. I can hop on the highway, drive two hours north, turn around, and drive two hours back. No over heating,..no high temps...
Old 02-07-2009, 11:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
What stock motor vettes are making 730-740rwhp reliably, and without meth? Blower cars making 700+,.....all of them TYPICALLY have built motors and cubes.

If you want to have a twin turbo vette, buy and APS kit and be done with it. If you want the same, with added performance, go with TTiX. If you want to set the world on fire, as you said,...buy the ptk kit. This kit, isn't for everyone,...is a true statement.

I've built SEVERAL as in I would say 10-15 plus making over 700 plus to the tires. Some had meth some didn't. On top of the countless procharger kits we installed that never had belt issues.
Here is a link to a C6 I did years ago... the ONLY mods are a D1SC, headers, injectors, and BAP. The vid says the car was making 630 but we had it on the dyno just before we went out and it made 745rwhp . About 27 seconds in.
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/M...th-i_46174.htm
My car was the red camaro and it trapped around 135 and Jaysons car had MPH on me.

I couldn't agree more with the second statement,
Old 02-09-2009, 07:28 PM
Teching In

Default Ptk

I guess am going to have to pipe in and give my 2cents.
I run a PTK kit and I love it. There are some heat issues, but like stated before they can easily be solved. If you are the kind of person who is intimidated by wires, piping and things that look complicated to work on then you shouldn't be looking at going into FI anyway. I making crazy power on a stock bottom end ls1 no issues and I am running meth and little bit of spray and I am making 671 to the rear wheels with no spray and 777rwhp with spray and guess what I also running heads and cam and it is a daily driver. This kit drives just as smooth as any other kit, the only difference is it looks better and mine hits max boost at 4500rpm so I have no issues keeping up with novi's superchargers whatever on highway pulls. If you want to see the specs look me up on CF same screen name. Here is my kit:

Quick Reply: Who makes this C5 TT kit