Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

OBX Headers ???

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 05:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OBX Headers ???

I have read a few "reviews" on the OBX headers and have yet to find anything really bad

I have heard they redid them last year or something along those lines and are nothing like the sx or ssx whatever the TPIS knockoffs are. Just seems like you get a lot for the price... long tubes with the x pipe ya cant go wrong as long as you dont expect them to fit perfect, right?

Please respond only if you have had an experience with OBX headers.

Thanks

Last edited by nichols92; 04-07-2009 at 01:53 AM.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:30 AM
On The Tree

sounds like your trying to justify yourself into buying them not asking a question. Just get them if your thinking about it. I ordered my LG's four days before the obx's came back into stock of the ebay sellers. If i had kown i would of just waited... the only people with bad things to say about the obx headers for corvettes are people who have never used them.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:26 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

I have to agree. I've been watching all the threads as I am interested in some headers as well. It seems mostly that those who own AR, kooks, LG, etc. seem to bash the OBX headers. It also seems that pretty much all the OBX owners are completely happy with them. The choice is yours. Personally I am not real sure what to think about the resonators in place of cats, I would simply prefer real high flow cats or nothing at all. I am still up in the air over the OBX or LG streets......

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 04-01-2009, 11:28 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by WantedRawb
sounds like your trying to justify yourself into buying them not asking a question
I am just asking because after a google search I am finding that people start bad mouthing the OBX's simply because other knock off brands dont seem to fit.

How much did you pay for the LG's with the X pipe if you dont mind me asking
Old 04-03-2009, 01:41 PM
Staging Lane

Were are you looking at OBX headers for vettes? They used to be on ebay but now I cant find them.
Old 04-03-2009, 04:20 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by mgbrv8
Were are you looking at OBX headers for vettes? They used to be on ebay but now I cant find them.
Here is what I found... they look nice.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=400040043912
Old 04-05-2009, 12:43 PM
TECH Regular

What I have found is that many “high-brow”, “cultured persons” which own these great cars, somehow compare those who use OBX exhaust components to the mullet sporting, arm out the window, Camaro drivers. (I own a Camaro as well, but no longer have a mullet). The merit of the OBX exhaust components is far out shadowed by the name and place of manufacture. Personally I do not care that a ten-year-old kid worked for $.50 a week to provide me with a nice pair of boxers I bought from the local Wal-Mart. Although I do not drink wine from a paper cup, I have no issues with a “box” of Riesling made in Arkansas. I guess what I am trying to say is do what you want and to heck with the haters. Wear jeans with a sport jacket and un-tied Doc’s – Richard Branson does. Enjoy your OBX and enjoy your Vette as a rebel bucking the imperialistic ideas of those traveling and well marked, yet very boring path.
Old 04-06-2009, 12:50 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Tzion_ben_Arthur
What I have found is that many “high-brow”, “cultured persons” which own these great cars, somehow compare those who use OBX exhaust components to the mullet sporting, arm out the window, Camaro drivers. (I own a Camaro as well, but no longer have a mullet). The merit of the OBX exhaust components is far out shadowed by the name and place of manufacture. Personally I do not care that a ten-year-old kid worked for $.50 a week to provide me with a nice pair of boxers I bought from the local Wal-Mart. Although I do not drink wine from a paper cup, I have no issues with a “box” of Riesling made in Arkansas. I guess what I am trying to say is do what you want and to heck with the haters. Wear jeans with a sport jacket and un-tied Doc’s – Richard Branson does. Enjoy your OBX and enjoy your Vette as a rebel bucking the imperialistic ideas of those traveling and well marked, yet very boring path.
I have a camaro too but no mullet . Why spend a ton of cash if ya dont have to? It is a Procharged daily driver for me and will most likely not own it for more than a year so I cant see spending $1600 on a set of headers that may fit a little better and make 2 more HP
Old 04-06-2009, 08:01 PM
11 Second Club

Default obx

i just tried to order some from there site about a month ago and after two weeks i contacted them. they told me they were redisgning them and they should ship with in 2 weeks a week later they said hopfully in 6 weeks, regardless i cancelled the order because of time and fitment issues. so got a set of lg streets very nice and fit great
Old 04-09-2009, 10:58 AM
Staging Lane

Default obx

I bought the same setup you are talking about i think for 700 or 800, long tubes x pipe and high flow cats gaskets to. Im on the same page you are. I had no problem with my fit up but even if i had to reem a couple of holes to save 2000 its worth it to me. Not to many people make 2000 a hour so save the money and buy the obx. Not for the bad part lol , my crossover where the welds meet the weld was cracked. I am a welder by trade, it apperared to me that they tried polishing it so much they took to much metal off the weld. All and all i would say hell of a deal for the price but the welds were not that great, but for a weld just to break it has to be done really wrong

Quick Reply: OBX Headers ???