Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

SPEC LS9/ZR-1 Super Twin Billet Multidisc Clutch and Flywheel Assemblies

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 08:56 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SPEC LS9/ZR-1 Super Twin Billet Multidisc Clutch and Flywheel Assemblies

SPEC, Inc Clutches and Flywheels introduces their Super-Twin for street and track use in the LS9 Corvette ZR1. SPEC also offers Super Twin fitments for LS9 to T56 conversion applications.

Until now, there has been a drivability, maintenance and longevity trade-off with clutches built to handle 700-1700 ft.-lbs. tq. The revolutionary new SPEC Super Twin has set a new standard by offering near-stock drivability, tremendous life expectancy, bolt-in installation with no shimming or setup needed and maintenance free operation. These units are upgradeable, downgradeable and rebuildable for ultimate versatility.

SPEC Super-Twin's are constructed with aircraft grade aluminum and high carbon billet steel milled to an industry leading .001 inch for perfect balance and actuation. All billet construction allows these units to be smooth and quiet in operation. Friction is provided by one of four disc types ranging a Hybrid Kevlar/Carbon Graphite Puck to full-metallic (Sintered Iron) option.
Torque capacities upwards of 1700 ft.-lbs. can be realized depending on the disc type specified. Flywheel and track-spec hardware are included in each kit.

Pricing for the SC10 Series Super-Twin is:
SC10SST $1549
SC10PT $1749
SC10ST $2049
SC10ET $2149

To find a SPEC distributor in your area, call 205-491-8581 or visit www.specclutch.com.
Attached Thumbnails SPEC LS9/ZR-1 Super Twin Billet Multidisc Clutch and Flywheel Assemblies-spec_logo_web.jpg   SPEC LS9/ZR-1 Super Twin Billet Multidisc Clutch and Flywheel Assemblies-spec-web-super-twin-2.jpg  
Old 04-16-2009, 10:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What kind of testing did you put this new clutch through ?? How much power was it able to hold until it failed ??
Old 04-20-2009, 08:22 AM
FormerVendor

Aside from the flywheel, this assembly is much like our current offerings for other LS models. With that in mind the testing for these units has been done over more than two years on cars with varying outputs and uses. As mentioned above there are four different options available and these have different capacities. If you will provide us with the info relative to your planned torque production we will be happy to assist you in determing the best option. I hope this info helps. Let me know if you have any further questions. Thanks,
Old 04-20-2009, 09:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Which clutch would you suggest for my application ?? N/A 402 that currently makes 517.3 rwhp and 513.8 rwtq. Pending head and header swap should put me around 550+ rwhp and 540 rwtq if everything gets done in 3 months.

BTW I have an Exedy Twin already and it is great accept for the chattering. A little sticky too trying to engage 1st. No slippage though. Looking for the same holding capacity without the chatter.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Good to see some clutch offerings for the ZR1!!! *smiles* This would a worthwhile clutch to look into

And allngn_c5,

you might have better luck calling them. If your thinking this clutch in particular, I don't think it works for a non ZR1 as I think the LS9 uses a 9 bolt flywheel or something like that rather than a 6 bolt. (Might be wrong on this point though)/
Old 04-20-2009, 07:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Good point. Not in the market for a clutch now and hopefully no time soon. I hope to get my $$$ outta the exedy twin. I was just asking based on my power level what clutch they would suggest.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^^^^

Ahhhh....

How you liking your Exedy Twin so far? How many miles you have on yours?
Mine can get pretty pissy in terms of grabbage. I never noticed the chatter till I put an exhaust system back on.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

I've had the twin for about 12-15K I think. Yeah I hear ya on the grabbiness. Only in first gear though, but smooth as silk in the other gears.

Quick Reply: SPEC LS9/ZR-1 Super Twin Billet Multidisc Clutch and Flywheel Assemblies