Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Z06 H/C install progress pics

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 05:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris06GT
Red, what tool did you use to fly cut the pistons and where did you find it?

Thanks,
Chris...

Post video's when you can, I would like to hear it!!
It's the in-head piston cutter from Lindy Tool - just do a search on here for "lindy tool flycut pistons" and you'll find it real quick.
Old 07-05-2009, 07:58 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good Job! And nice to save about a grand too!
Keep it under 2,000 rpm's...C'mon, you can have a more fun than that. You'll be a little low on power but you wont break it.
Believe it or not, when I did one of my swaps, I went to the track before a tune...I don't recommend it, but you can certainly drive over 2k...
Get yourself a copy of EFI-Live so you're not married to a tuner in the future. When I think of the money I used to spend on tunes, it makes me sick. I even have a tune or two that will be pretty close if you have any software?

Again, great job!
Old 07-05-2009, 08:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06-Dave
Keep it under 2,000 rpm's...C'mon, you can have a more fun than that. You'll be a little low on power but you wont break it.
Believe it or not, when I did one of my swaps, I went to the track before a tune...I don't recommend it, but you can certainly drive over 2k...
Get yourself a copy of EFI-Live so you're not married to a tuner in the future. When I think of the money I used to spend on tunes, it makes me sick. I even have a tune or two that will be pretty close if you have any software?

Again, great job!
Thanks but it was only untuned for 2 days...got it tuned locally on the street with a wideband and it just plain rips up to redline You can really feel the torque peak down around 4500 as well. I hear you about the tuning. I used to own HPTuners but I was stupid and sold it with my T/A. I was no pro by any means and was amazed how fast and well the local tuner did it. It's a side job he does for fun and he's pretty damn good at it as far as I can tell. He's a very cool guy and will refine the tune I paid him for whenever it's needed for free.
Old 07-06-2009, 06:15 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the info Red!!

Again, awesome car and write up!!
Old 07-12-2009, 12:30 AM
Staging Lane

Congrats!
Any videos are welcomed...

Quick Reply: Z06 H/C install progress pics