On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OP is definition of hood rich
Old 07-14-2009, 08:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SERB Z06
OP is definition of hood rich
Why would you say such a nasty comment ?? The guy works his *** off, is young and deserves to have something really nice in exchange for putting in the hours he does at his job.

I think hood rich would require a little more then being 24 and owning a bad *** modded c6 zo6. If Clint was living in a shithole, roach infested apt, ghetto *** neighborhood and bought this car vs moving to a nice area then buying the car I'd agree but I just don't get the "hood rich" impression from the pm's I've traded with Clint. I thnk you are out of line man.

Clint do you care to even respond to this garbage ??

Go for yours man. You deserve that car. You earned it.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:29 AM
Banned

^ I agree...

I'm not rich, not poor.

Somebody could come along and throw out a "hood rich" card and not have a clue.

You don't know the OP's overall life... and even if you did, why judge him (other than his choice of installing an auto transmission ) when he's in a better spot than MOST of the people on this board?
Old 07-16-2009, 09:52 PM
Teching In

Old 07-16-2009, 11:15 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
Only one problem with the above comment. You said you can work as much as you want but only work 50 hours a week?? In this bad economy, with people begging for jobs you need to get your *** motivated and make as much money as you can while you can. That cash cow could stop giving milk without warning. Then where would you be. If I don't make at least 100 grand then I feel like a failure. Now that I've gotten a taste of having some money I don't want to go back. I have to miss out on a lot of things like parties, get togethers, etc etc, but I figure when I am 52 and I receive my first retirement check on approximately my 53rd Bday for between 6 and 7 grand a month for the rest of my life I'll do everything then that I couldn't do when I was younger. Work now while you are young. You are missing out on a lot of money to be had. You sacrifice one year of your life and you could go buy a 2010 zr1 for cash it sounds like!!! Anyways let me get off my soapbox. I am proud that you are so young, and have so much. You remind me of me in some ways. You work hard, buy whatever your heart desires.
Not everybody makes it to 53. There is a balance in there somewhere... I had all my "cool ****" when I was young, had great reflexes and was "invincible".I'm 43 now with 2 kids and my priorities have changed... It's not about me anymore... It's about my family. Honestly if I had a new z-o6 I'd trade it for a camper or boat. I SAY DO IT WHEN you're young (enjoy life and THINGS) By the time you're 53 we may all be traveling on pubic transportation. Or be shot around like the transactions at the bank drive up...lol
Old 07-16-2009, 11:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by nickate
Not everybody makes it to 53. There is a balance in there somewhere... I had all my "cool ****" when I was young, had great reflexes and was "invincible".I'm 43 now with 2 kids and my priorities have changed... It's not about me anymore... It's about my family. Honestly if I had a new z-o6 I'd trade it for a camper or boat. I SAY DO IT WHEN you're young (enjoy life and THINGS) By the time you're 53 we may all be traveling on pubic transportation. Or be shot around like the transactions at the bank drive up...lol
You totally missed my most important point. I told him how much he reminds me of myself, and that I was proud of him. DId you see all the people ******* Clint? I was the one that stepped up and defending his deciscions. He has worked his *** of for a few years to get what he wants, just like I did when I was his age. Clint, I am proud of you man!
Old 07-17-2009, 02:56 PM
Launching!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks doug! A little update tj said they are waiting on the torque converter from vigilante that was on monday he said it should be here next week then everything will be ready to go. Man i already have plans to beef up the motor a little but i will leave that for next years tax return. I will have pics as promised.
Old 07-17-2009, 03:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Your welcome man. It just amazes me how many people are drunk off the HATERADE they have been drinking. A 24 yr old buys a bad *** c6z and does some stuff to it and his efforts have to be knocked by people calling him hood rich. Let the hard working man buy what he wants with his money. Clint isn't bashing your choices on what you do with yours. On a side note Clint, you are young and healthy and you can work all you want now. I advise you to take advantage of that, one day OT is going to be a thing of the past with the direction our country is headed. Bank as much as you can without overdoing it of course and enjoy all your toys when you want.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

dammmn I wish I had your stock divetrain and rear cra.dle
Old 07-18-2009, 11:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

Did you shoot Clint a PM and make an offer yet ?? I'm sure if he hasn't sold it he may be willing to do so. Jamie I know why you'd like to have it. That upcoming build of yours will need it and then some.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:09 PM
Launching!

Here are some more pics of the vette tranny is done and procharger is waiting to go on. Rodney and team have been very busy they have Rick Hendricks car in there getting a 6l80e and he dropped alot coin according to TJ. Anyways my birthday is August 22nd so this will be a nice present to myself.

Last edited by clint195; 07-29-2009 at 06:04 PM.
Old 07-29-2009, 06:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Kick *** Clint. Hope its done in time for your bday.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:52 AM
FormerVendor

Very nice clint! What stall?
Old 07-30-2009, 01:16 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by clint195
Rpm is keeping them for cores i guess that is what he told me TJ is a really great guy to deal with. THis car is well deserved i sent the payment monday and they already have the drivetrain out today. I will get more pics up when i get it in 3-4 weeks. I am hoping for 3 weeks we have a big car meet going on up here.
Your tranny only has 650 miles on it,and it's being considered as a core exchange? That tranny is worth $2400.00 as it sets. Just from reading your posts I get the feeling that you don't have a lot of working knowledge about what they are actually doing (specifics) in relationship to the over all project. Obviously money is no object,so enjoy!!

Good luck with the car...always remember to respect the power!!!

Last edited by david vericker; 07-30-2009 at 01:27 PM.
Old 07-30-2009, 01:55 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by david vericker
Your tranny only has 650 miles on it,and it's being considered as a core exchange? That tranny is worth $2400.00 as it sets. Just from reading your posts I get the feeling that you don't have a lot of working knowledge about what they are actually doing (specifics) in relationship to the over all project. Obviously money is no object,so enjoy!!

Well i was told the swap for this was 10-12k so considering that i did the math. Even at 10,000 minus 2400 that is 7600 and i gave 60k for the car and the swap i think it is a good deal also being outta state no sales tax. Let me see you come up with a 08 this many miles and the same swap. 3lz with every option.
Old 07-30-2009, 01:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by david vericker

Good point Dave! You need to definately renegotiate that deal. How can a shop expect you to just give up (as Dave pointed out) a 2400 dollar trans with only 650 miles ? If I were you I'd really try to figure out something. Since you did an auto swap, why can't you find a junkyard tranny and let the shop keep that ? Even if you were going from a stock manual to a built manual, I'd still research the junkyard before giving up a NEW trans like that. Wow Clint I have your back on everything but this issue.
Old 07-30-2009, 02:03 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by StuartsPNB
Very nice clint! What stall?
vigilante 3200
Old 07-30-2009, 02:16 PM
Launching!

Clint, typically our tranmission package for that type of car is around $10-12 thousand depending on options, installed. We have done several LPE Z06's. Also, we do have a Red 08 Z06 for sale. 3LZ interior, NAV, 650 miles on it. The owner wants $55,000 for it.

So tell me David what am i really missing. I am getting a tranny for 5k installed pretty much so when you can come up with a better price then maybe i will feel bad.
Old 07-30-2009, 02:25 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
Good point Dave! You need to definately renegotiate that deal. How can a shop expect you to just give up (as Dave pointed out) a 2400 dollar trans with only 650 miles ? If I were you I'd really try to figure out something. Since you did an auto swap, why can't you find a junkyard tranny and let the shop keep that ? Even if you were going from a stock manual to a built manual, I'd still research the junkyard before giving up a NEW trans like that. Wow Clint I have your back on everything but this issue.
Yeah they gave me credit for the core. If that is what you are getting at.
Old 07-30-2009, 08:34 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by clint195
Clint, typically our tranmission package for that type of car is around $10-12 thousand depending on options, installed. We have done several LPE Z06's. Also, we do have a Red 08 Z06 for sale. 3LZ interior, NAV, 650 miles on it. The owner wants $55,000 for it.

So tell me David what am i really missing. I am getting a tranny for 5k installed pretty much so when you can come up with a better price then maybe i will feel bad.
Gee Clint,
If that project was mine I would have a lot better handle on the specifics than you apparently do. Like I said previously when money is no object the moon is the limit. Enjoy your automatic 08 C6 ZO6....which just makes me want to "BARF".

So tell me Clint why buy a Z06 that you never intend to race or for that matter enjoy legally (competitively) and destroy the car by converting it to an automatic. They make plenty of C6 automatic cars that are perfect for non-competitive drivers like you. Again,when people have more money than brains that's what the do...too impress us poor people.

Quick Reply: Just bought 08 Z06