C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Just bought 08 Z06

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 08:46 PM
Launching!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by david vericker
Gee Clint,
If that project was mine I would have a lot better handle on the specifics than you apparently do. Like I said previously when money is no object the moon is the limit. Enjoy your automatic 08 C6 ZO6....which just makes me want to "BARF".

So tell me Clint why buy a Z06 that you never intend to race or for that matter enjoy legally (competitively) and destroy the car by converting it to an automatic. They make plenty of C6 automatic cars that are perfect for non-competitive drivers like you. Again,when people have more money than brains that's what the do...too impress us poor people.
Well thanks for your concern i know the specifics just to let you know. I think i see alittle jealousy here. Looking at your sig you really look like a poor person to me . THe tranny is going to be a 4l65e stage 6 with a 3200stall. Is there something i am missing. And i never ment i wound not race it the whole time i have it. I bought a Z06 becuz of the style and motor. Why buy a base c6 and convert it to a z06. Its all preference david if we all liked the same thing then we would all drive the same car as you. Anyways thanks for your concern again. And let me know when you find one with the swap for a better price since you make it sound like i got a shitty deal!
Old 07-30-2009, 09:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gee Clint,
If that project was mine I would have a lot better handle on the specifics than you apparently do. Like I said previously when money is no object the moon is the limit. Enjoy your automatic 08 C6 ZO6....which just makes me want to "BARF".

So tell me Clint why buy a Z06 that you never intend to race or for that matter enjoy legally (competitively) and destroy the car by converting it to an automatic. They make plenty of C6 automatic cars that are perfect for non-competitive drivers like you. Again,when people have more money than brains that's what the do...too impress us poor people.
David I believe Clint has a handle on the specifics of the Z06 he purchased. I also believe that he does have a budget unlike the Z06 we are converting for Rick Hendricks that it is sitting next to. I am cutting 1.37 60ft times and running 6.189 in the 1/8th and 9.80 @140+ , with an untouched longblock C6 Z06 with the same auto conversion that is in Clints car he purchased, people tell me that the car is sick but not that it makes them want to "BARF". 5 of the 6 fastest C6 Z06's in the country as listed on the CF have been converted to automatics by us. I think you guys need to cut Clint some slack and let him enjoy his new Z06. What he purchased was a Z06 that was mid way through an automatic conversion and did not pay for the conversion or have the chance to keep the take-out parts.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:03 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by RPM Transmissions
David I believe Clint has a handle on the specifics of the Z06 he purchased. I also believe that he does have a budget unlike the Z06 we are converting for Rick Hendricks that it is sitting next to. I am cutting 1.37 60ft times and running 6.189 in the 1/8th and 9.80 @140+ , with an untouched longblock C6 Z06 with the same auto conversion that is in Clints car he purchased, people tell me that the car is sick but not that it makes them want to "BARF". 5 of the 6 fastest C6 Z06's in the country as listed on the CF have been converted to automatics by us. I think you guys need to cut Clint some slack and let him enjoy his new Z06. What he purchased was a Z06 that was mid way through an automatic conversion and did not pay for the conversion or have the chance to keep the take-out parts.
Thanks Rodney! Like i said RPM are great guys i am going to recommend them to everyone. Rodney i guess our automatics are slow then huh?

Last edited by clint195; 07-30-2009 at 09:13 PM.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:13 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by clint195
Well thanks for your concern i know the specifics just to let you know. I think i see alittle jealousy here. Looking at your sig you really look like a poor person to me . THe tranny is going to be a 4l65e stage 6 with a 3200stall. Is there something i am missing. And i never ment i wound not race it the whole time i have it. I bought a Z06 becuz of the style and motor. Why buy a base c6 and convert it to a z06. Its all preference david if we all liked the same thing then we would all drive the same car as you. Anyways thanks for your concern again. And let me know when you find one with the swap for a better price since you make it sound like i got a shitty deal!
I don't think that I ever said that it was a shitty deal...don't have enough information to make that statement. From what I know about RPM they are a first class operation. The deal you made only pertains to you and RPM,however,as stated before you lack the basic knowledge as to what the overall project specifics are.

I'll only be jealous if you beat me someday...drive safely...enjoy the car!!
Old 07-30-2009, 09:18 PM
Teching In

I'll only be jealous if you beat me someday...drive safely...enjoy the car!!
There you go Clint a little friendly competition I've read Davids posts before and his car is definately fast so we need to get busy with some more mods.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:25 PM
Launching!

There you go Clint a little friendly competition I've read Davids posts before and his car is definately fast so we need to get busy with some more mods.
Im thinking Katech this winter. None the less it will have alittle more power come next summer.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:41 PM
TECH Regular

A little friendly competition is always good. Win or lose it sounds like fun. I was considering going with RPM for some differential up grades next spring (C6 Z06) type. So if that happens you guys should be non bias...right. LOL

Damn, I'll need to give Road Rebel a call so that he can tune that 250/300 shoot before the big race...my hands are sweaty already. Good night guys,just give me enough prior notice...how do I get into this stuff?
Old 07-31-2009, 09:15 AM
TECH Regular

Clint,
I retract some of the statements that I made last night. You have every right to do with the car as you please. I'm sure that RPM will make you more than happy with the conversion...as Rodney said...automatic C6 Z06 cars are fast,just not my bag though.

My original post was in reference to your tranny being consider a core. I always thought that a core was a used unit that is in good (satisfactory) condition so as to be rebuilt. I don't think a new tranny is truly consider a core,but rather a direct exchange of parts. Somehow,this thing went in a totally different direction from were it started...sorry if I insulted you in any way...sometimes I get my back up and go a little over board.
Old 07-31-2009, 01:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah they gave me credit for the core. If that is what you are getting at.
I feel you should get more then a simple core charge for it. Its new !!
Old 07-31-2009, 01:46 PM
Launching!

Clint,
I retract some of the statements that I made last night. You have every right to do with the car as you please. I'm sure that RPM will make you more than happy with the conversion...as Rodney said...automatic C6 Z06 cars are fast,just not my bag though.

My original post was in reference to your tranny being consider a core. I always thought that a core was a used unit that is in good (satisfactory) condition so as to be rebuilt. I don't think a new tranny is truly consider a core,but rather a direct exchange of parts. Somehow,this thing went in a totally different direction from were it started...sorry if I insulted you in any way...sometimes I get my back up and go a little over board.
It happens i am alsosorry if i insulted you. Were all brothers here are we not? Anyways how bout that race? Should be neck and neck.
Old 08-01-2009, 09:41 AM
TECH Regular

It happens i am alsosorry if i insulted you. Were all brothers here are we not? Anyways how bout that race? Should be neck and neck.
I'm always into a good race. In reality the advantage goes to you,being a automatic and all. However,I will give it my best shot (nitrous that is),man am I funny or what. The best time for me would be mid/late October...saving the car for the Holbrook shoot out series presently. Doing this at a drag strip is a must,no street racing for me.

Let me know how the C6Z turns out,should be a really nice ride. No fair letting Rodney teach you how to drag race that car. I need some advantages too...yeah right.

Last edited by david vericker; 08-01-2009 at 10:25 AM.
Old 08-02-2009, 06:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Like the title says but it gets better it is getting a tranny swap to become and auto with a 3200 stall and also a procharger kit. THe car has 650 miles and the 3lz option it has every option you can think of. It will arrive in 3-4 weeks.
Old 08-10-2009, 03:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Congrats! Nice buy and great color!!
Old 08-10-2009, 03:46 PM
On The Tree

sick car dude thats what i'm talkin about
Old 08-10-2009, 04:33 PM
Launching!

Rodney said they will be working on the car all week they got hendricks car out and now i am up. I will post some pics up with the ta when this thing arrives. It will be a early b-day present to myself. Who knows maybe rodney will chime in here.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:46 PM
Launching!

Ordered this stuff on saturday and a cargo mat to just cant find a good pic. I know on the 08's the hoodliner didn't have a light so i went ahead and ordered the light assembly just to fill in the space i prolly wont connect it i hear it causes the battery to die but not sure if that is the case.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thanks for the update !! I was wondering what happened..

Hey Clint, you still pounding the Overtime ?? I am on OT right now. Easy money bro. Take all the OT you can get without losing your mind. You never know when it will be gone. Also think of all the extra stuff you can do with the money when you are done (tires, rims, etc, etc, etc ) Can't wait to see the final results

Did you have a target number for HP/TQ when you started this project ? If so what was it and does Rodney and your tuner think you'll hit it with that beefy stg VI 4l65 eating up a good chunk.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:52 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
Thanks for the update !! I was wondering what happened..

Hey Clint, you still pounding the Overtime ?? I am on OT right now. Easy money bro. Take all the OT you can get without losing your mind. You never know when it will be gone. Also think of all the extra stuff you can do with the money when you are done (tires, rims, etc, etc, etc ) Can't wait to see the final results

Did you have a target number for HP/TQ when you started this project ? If so what was it and does Rodney and your tuner think you'll hit it with that beefy stg VI 4l65 eating up a good chunk.
I dont really have a target as of now but next year i have big plans for it. I would like to be cutting the same times as rodney is in his beast. I was already in contact with katech i told them i will be sending it up there come march.
Old 08-28-2009, 04:27 PM
Launching!

Here are the finally pics from Tj. I just want to say thanks to rodney the car arrives tommarow and i can tell it will be nice.

Old 08-28-2009, 05:56 PM
11 Second Club

Very nice man did you ge the car I bet you cant wait to drive it.

Great work RPM.

Quick Reply: Just bought 08 Z06