Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Allngn_c5 visits D&D Performance (Walsh Motorsports) Wixom, MI

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 11:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got to drive to work today, all I can say is that this motor loves the cold air. Felt incredibly strong. Hope to put some more miles on the car today.

I'm surprised Donnie hasn't chimed in yet. Great job man. Thanks.
Old 11-03-2009, 05:35 PM
9 Second Club

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

How about an update? I always enjoy reading your progress, setbacks, and upgrades. You are throwing some mad money at that hot rod. I got to keep my C5 together so I can focus my funds on my Nova's 408 build.
Old 11-03-2009, 06:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Well here's an update, I am going to be taking the car back to Donnie real soon to get some professional advice on the situation. Car ran perfect last night after some leisurely driving. Got nearly 300 of the 500 miles he suggested before I get on it and I have adhered to that as tempting as it is to stomp the gas. At any rate I pull the car out of the garage today and give her a good wash. After drying her off I fire her up so the motor can warm up. While driving I open the cutouts and the exhaust sounds funny and the car feels like there is a lot of vibration under acceleration all the way from the motor to the diff. I go over to my friends and get her raised up to find a connector to my DMH cutouts had come undone. I plug it in cycle the valves and they both open and close correctly. Now the car sounds good. I take it for a ride and under acceleration it feels very loaded up? Don't know how to explain anymore. As the rpms slowly come up so does the vibration from the rear of the car and loaded feeling. Car doesn't have the normal power either. Feels like it is in reduced power mode but I have no message in the display, and no codes either. I am stumped and pissed. I wanted to clean her up and hit the gym then go eat at this restaurant that is a bit of a drive, but miles driven in a modded Corvette are fun miles so I didn't care. Needless to say I cancelled my plans and decided to post up to see if anyone had any suggestions as to what could be going on. Newly rebuilt tranny, and NEW RPM diff. Also drove perfect last night, can't understand ?
Old 11-05-2009, 08:00 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you get the problems resolved yet? Fill us in on what you found out about the issues that you described. Surely by now the professionals that did all of the installations for you have come up with the solutions to the vibration and low power issues.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Doug,
Did she blow on a DR or a slick? Sucks how much money it takes to fix that and I really do NOT want that to happen to me. Hell I'm struggling as it is to round up the cash for a damn clutch. I'll never run a slick for sure but I know it can happen on DR's too. I haven't had a chance to get a good 60' yet but I'll be happy w/ a 1.8X.
Old 11-06-2009, 03:14 AM
Staging Lane

Washed it and the problems started? Could be some corossion on the grounds. These C5's seem to be plaggued by that problem. You really got to be on top of the cleaning of grounds and putting dielectric grease on them after.
Old 11-06-2009, 05:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

D&D has been closed for the last few days, Donnie is unaware of my issues at this time. I'll talk to him today.

Red I was on DRs. 4000 rpm launch. 1.71 60 ft
Old 11-06-2009, 01:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
D&D has been closed for the last few days, Donnie is unaware of my issues at this time. I'll talk to him today.

Red I was on DRs. 4000 rpm launch. 1.71 60 ft
damn man

Doug you´ll figure this out.....

must besome install issue...

good luck

baezi
Old 11-06-2009, 02:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by baezi z06
damn man

Doug you´ll figure this out.....

must besome install issue...

good luck

baezi
Thanks man, I have placed several calls to Walsh Motorsports / D&D Performance and no answer. Either still out of town, or very busy. I'll update after I've spoken with Donnie.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Castrellon
Washed it and the problems started? Could be some corossion on the grounds. These C5's seem to be plaggued by that problem. You really got to be on top of the cleaning of grounds and putting dielectric grease on them after.
I highly doubt it. Simple handwash with the hose in the driveway.
Old 11-07-2009, 08:37 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good luck getting it sorted out.
Old 11-07-2009, 10:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

Thanks Kevin. I'll update when I know something, but I may just put the car up for the year. Hard to say that considering its going to be 60's and Sunny today. Sucks to have the car not driving right. At least the weather turns shitty next week so its not that bad, I just wanted to get a little more drive time before putting her up.
Old 11-07-2009, 11:55 AM
TECH Addict

You better get that thing looked at before you put it up so whom ever is responsible can fix their work ! Now if you find something new, that's another story !

Pitt
Old 11-07-2009, 03:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

I hear ya loud and clear Pitt !! I placed about 4 calls to Donnie and left a couple messages. He never picked up or got back to me. I would like to get this addressed next week first thing.
Old 11-07-2009, 03:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

They are probably at SEMA.

Is your vibration speed or RPM related ?
Old 11-07-2009, 04:36 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by pittman
You better get that thing looked at before you put it up so whom ever is responsible can fix their work ! Now if you find something new, that's another story !

Pitt
Doug,you put way to much time and money into this project to just let these problems ride until next spring. Next weeks weather doesn't look all that bad. Stay on their butts until they address the problems at hand...good luck in getting these issues resolved quickly.
Old 11-07-2009, 07:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

RPM related. Hard to put into words but if you rev the motor while the car is sitting it feels very loaded up. Then if you are driving and give it gas it feels as if I am towing something. Sorry but thats the best I can do. I drove the car normally for 283 miles, never even saw 4000 rpms. No hard shifts, no hard upshifts. Took a friend out and she loved how the car handled and commented on how smooth it was. When I started the car the next day to let it warm up while I washed it sounded funny. After jacking her up I found one of the cutouts to be unhooked, plugged it back in and she sounded normal. THen when I drove the car it felt like I described above.

I hear ya David. I will get with Donnie on Monday.
Old 11-07-2009, 07:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Have you tried reving the motor with the clutch pushed in ?

How does the motor idle ?

Last edited by BlownVette 2001; 11-09-2009 at 12:45 AM.
Old 11-08-2009, 02:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Motor idles fine, right at 975 rpms. I am aware that I may need to go with the TICK AMC. Donnie showed me that the car wants to move fwd with a rev when the clutch is in and car is in gear.

I'll update this thread after I talk to Donnie. Just give me a minute. Hope to know something by Tuesday.
Old 11-08-2009, 06:41 PM
10 Second Club

a tick wont make the car smoother....if youre having creeping issues clutch in I'd reattempt bleeding the hell out of the hydraulics...sounds like upon clutch intsall it wasnt bled very well...if you werent having clutch issues before than your master doesnt magically go bad....if you have a remote bleeder...rebleed...your clutch should have never release off the floor with the stock master assuming bled properly unless it needed a shim and as far as I know it doesnt require a shim as lots of RPS users are using stock master without issues...I'd rebleed and mity vac that bitch for the clutch issue...but as far as vibration issue...I think thats a completely different thing that needs to be narrowed down

Last edited by Kurtomac; 11-08-2009 at 06:50 PM.

Quick Reply: Allngn_c5 visits D&D Performance (Walsh Motorsports) Wixom, MI