Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

LS2/402/AFR 225/FAST 92/ProCharger F-1A at 12.5 psi = 864 rwhp on Mustang Dyno

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 04:10 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up LS2/402/AFR 225/FAST 92/ProCharger F-1A at 12.5 psi = 864 rwhp on Mustang Dyno

http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...Car.php?car=29
Link to car. Bob

Old 11-18-2009, 11:15 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another excellent build buy Bob and the guys.
Old 11-18-2009, 03:21 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 02SSLE
Another excellent build buy Bob and the guys.
I agree will not get these # from a kenne bell. Bro the number and sheet looks great. That is some very good # on a mustang dyno. Have fun with the car and be safe.
Old 11-19-2009, 05:49 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by robert miller
I agree will not get these # from a kenne bell. Bro the number and sheet looks great. That is some very good # on a mustang dyno. Have fun with the car and be safe.
Thanks, the F-1A is capable of making a lot more boost than the 12.5 psi we have it at on this engine. The 408 in my Camaro with an F-1A made 19 psi of boost with the same cam we have in the above engine.
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...Car.php?car=12 Bob
Old 11-19-2009, 02:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i wanna steal bobs car everytime I see it around town! :CRY:
Old 11-19-2009, 04:10 PM
TECH Resident

why only 12.5psi?
Old 11-20-2009, 07:10 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
Thanks, the F-1A is capable of making a lot more boost than the 12.5 psi we have it at on this engine. The 408 in my Camaro with an F-1A made 19 psi of boost with the same cam we have in the above engine.
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...Car.php?car=12 Bob
I agree I put a ysi unit on my car for a good set up it made 853 rwhp on just under 16 psi. I love the way this ysi unit just keeps on pulling it never lets up until you let up. I know the f-1 and f-2 does the same. My # also was on a mustang dyno. Man when and if you turn up the boost on it post the # up again. You have to love it man. Mine was in a a4 trans.
Old 11-21-2009, 06:05 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by robert miller
I agree I put a ysi unit on my car for a good set up it made 853 rwhp on just under 16 psi. I love the way this ysi unit just keeps on pulling it never lets up until you let up. I know the f-1 and f-2 does the same. My # also was on a mustang dyno. Man when and if you turn up the boost on it post the # up again. You have to love it man. Mine was in a a4 trans.
The centrificals do just keep pulling and pulling, they are awesome.

Originally Posted by airforcemanss
why only 12.5psi?
Good question. The customer has enough power as it is to keep having problems with his aftermarket 9" rear end. He also once took a Cadillac mechanic out for a ride at the car lost traction at 65 mph and did three donuts on a 2 lane highway. Luckily no one got hurt and the car was okay. To up the boost any higher, this car would really need an automatic installed, which would help to keep the drivetrain alive.

This car can be seen on page 28 of the new Popular Hot Rodding Jan issue as a finalist in 178 real world rides. Bob
Old 11-30-2009, 11:55 AM
Launching!

Good question. The customer has enough power as it is to keep having problems with his aftermarket 9" rear end. He also once took a Cadillac mechanic out for a ride at the car lost traction at 65 mph and did three donuts on a 2 lane highway. Luckily no one got hurt and the car was okay. To up the boost any higher, this car would really need an automatic installed, which would help to keep the drivetrain alive.

This car can be seen on page 28 of the new Popular Hot Rodding Jan issue as a finalist in 178 real world rides. Bob
I AGREE WITH YOU MAN. BUT BY WARM WEATHER GOING TO HAVE TO GO WITH A 3 BAR AND UP THE BOOST ON THIS THING.
Old 11-30-2009, 04:38 PM
FormerVendor

Nice work! Looks super fast.

-Nathan
Old 11-30-2009, 08:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Were you starting to run out of fueling capacity, or was 12 to 1 right where you wanted the a/f ratio ? I was asking because I noticed the lower boost numbers the a/f was 10 to 1 and 11 to 1, and then when you made the most power the a/f dropped to 12 to 1. Pump and inj's running out of steam or what ? Just curious, awesome job as usual.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:55 PM
TECH Regular

Great power,but apparently not applicable in the real world. If you can't put the power to the pavement,it's just a bunch of of numbers...but dyno racers can dig it... and so can bullshit magazines publishers. So who gives a damn about a car that your mothers VW could beat!! Obviously,power does not always equate to performance...unless you like dyno queens?
Old 12-01-2009, 06:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

Nice, Dave. Stirring the pot again LOL

I'm sure the customer just needs a little more seat time to learn to drive this beast and/or a better rear tire choice.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:00 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
Were you starting to run out of fueling capacity, or was 12 to 1 right where you wanted the a/f ratio ? I was asking because I noticed the lower boost numbers the a/f was 10 to 1 and 11 to 1, and then when you made the most power the a/f dropped to 12 to 1. Pump and inj's running out of steam or what ? Just curious, awesome job as usual.
The air/fuel initially went fat when we went wot, but then it got down into the mid elevens. The pump wasn't running out of fuel, plus the car has methanol on it too. The air/fuel peaked on that run at 12.0/1 then started to richen up slightly. Thanks! Bob
Old 12-01-2009, 08:06 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by david vericker
Great power,but apparently not applicable in the real world. If you can't put the power to the pavement,it's just a bunch of of numbers...but dyno racers can dig it... and so can bullshit magazines publishers. So who gives a damn about a car that your mothers VW could beat!! Obviously,power does not always equate to performance...unless you like dyno queens?
The car had nittos on it at the time, which are worthless tires. After the owner spun it out, the tires were switched out to M/T drag radials. The car gets a lot more traction with the M/T's, as you can imagine. i copies and pasted the info below from my website.

9/29/09

Just four days after having a foot operation and wearing a foot cast, Bob decided to take his V out on a dragstrip. Bob has ventured out onto a dragstrip before, but that probably seems like it was in a previous life to him, as it was back in 1968. Considering the challenges that Bob had to overcome, such as banging gears with a cast on his left foot, and trying to let off the 2 step when dumping the clutch, Bob did a great job! Bob was only coming out at 3200 rpm and his 60 ft time was a 1.99. Once Bob raises the 2 step to 5000 rpm or so, and the 60 ft times drop down into the 1.5 range, he'll have a 10 second 2 ton luxury cruiser!
Word has it that Bob's V is now the fastest V in the country!
1/4 mile video, thanks to Tony Mancini.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ikiamvuecwc

Thanks for your valuable input! Bob
Old 12-01-2009, 09:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Thanks for the response Bob. Glad to see him making all that power with a "safe" tune, and room to grow too. Great job guys !!!!
Old 12-01-2009, 07:11 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
Thanks for the response Bob. Glad to see him making all that power with a "safe" tune, and room to grow too. Great job guys !!!!
Thanks, we appreciate it. Bob

Quick Reply: LS2/402/AFR 225/FAST 92/ProCharger F-1A at 12.5 psi = 864 rwhp on Mustang Dyno