Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Another SOFLA one mile event!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 11:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Another SOFLA one mile event!

Well, this would be the third 1 mile event these guys at milemarker-1.com are going to throw. I have missed the first two, I don't want to miss the third. April 10th is the day.

Looking forward to making this a multiple vette day. We should be able to put some hours in and finish my vette, at least finished enough to compete. All I need is a cam, lifters, intake manifold,... and i've gotta install everything. Probably gonna run my AFR's and let the car eat. E85 here we come. Hope to see some guys out there from here,... we need all the support we can get.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You guys have all the fun !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-12-2010, 10:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

Dude,... cart your car down here, we have a garage to prep the rides,... then trailer everything to the event. It'll be alot of fun. I was able to sport onebadcad's vette to 180 last time around, which was alot of fun.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Well I've made 1200 mile one way runs to DFW area, and 750 mile one way trips to Vengeance Racing (Cumming, GA), so I don't see why I couldn't make the drive. It would be one hell of a road trip. Metro Detroit to South Florida, how many miles is that? Better question is how many hours am I going to need to make the drive?

Jaime it sounds fun but I don't think I'll be able to attend, that is unless I start making some extra money to be able to afford the trip.

Out of curiosity how fast do you think I'd go in the standing mile ? 160's or better ?

Last edited by allngn_c5; 01-12-2010 at 10:39 AM.
Old 01-12-2010, 03:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
Well I've made 1200 mile one way runs to DFW area, and 750 mile one way trips to Vengeance Racing (Cumming, GA), so I don't see why I couldn't make the drive. It would be one hell of a road trip. Metro Detroit to South Florida, how many miles is that? Better question is how many hours am I going to need to make the drive?

Jaime it sounds fun but I don't think I'll be able to attend, that is unless I start making some extra money to be able to afford the trip.

Out of curiosity how fast do you think I'd go in the standing mile ? 160's or better ?

Whenever man,... always welcome. Your black rocket ship could go anywhere from 160's-180's on motor alone depending on the day/wind etc. You'd love it man. It was a great feeling to be legally, on a track, topping out 4th gear,.... which is where the 1/4 ends,......you then engage 5th,.. and stay WOT for 3/4ths of a mile. MATTED.. Very very sweet feeling my man. Highly recommend doing it. It's right up your alley,...you crazy mother ******.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:50 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

If that falls during my spring break I will drive down with you. Always wanted to do a mile event! Need some mods to at least keep it somewhat fair between us though, haha. I bet you'd do the better part of 175 Doug!

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 01-12-2010, 07:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Default Sounds very tempting Bro !!

It would be a lot of fun, I'm sure of that !!!

I like the idea of 3/4 of a mile in 5th going WOT from the top of 4th and doing it legally !! I on the other hand have experienced that 3/4 of a mile WOT in 5th for a good bit longer then 3/4 mile already. Only difference, not legally. LOL. We'll have to wait and see. I get 2 personal days per our dept's contract to use whenever I want after March 30th. So we'll see.
Old 01-13-2010, 02:33 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats the same weekend as the Hot Rod Magazine Top Speed shootout. Good luck, be safe, and go fast
Old 01-13-2010, 06:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by JoeyGC5
thats the same weekend as the Hot Rod Magazine Top Speed shootout. Good luck, be safe, and go fast

Is that in MAXTON Jdog?
Old 01-16-2010, 10:35 PM
TECH Addict

Yep, 1 of my 2 vacations for the year. They are strict!! on safety equipment though
Old 01-17-2010, 10:05 PM
TECH Regular

Yep, 1 of my 2 vacations for the year. They are strict!! on safety equipment though
Joey,how fast has that junk of yours run? You know us old HRDW guys all drive junks. . They require an automatic fire extinguishing spray system to run that event...correct?
Old 01-17-2010, 10:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Cool. But how strict? Cage? Chute? fire system? Don't mind doing the cage but, things still a street car. Any rules page?
Old 02-04-2010, 03:27 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
Cool. But how strict? Cage? Chute? fire system? Don't mind doing the cage but, things still a street car. Any rules page?

I'm shooting for 200mph in the standing mile this year on pump gas like I drive it on the street. So 8 point cage, race seat with full head support/restraint, 10lb fire system, trans blanket and sfi flywheel, window net, up to date 5 point, sfi driving suit+boots+neck brace+helmet+gloves, battery disconnect, labeling for fuel/battery and nitrous locations/shut-offs, one chute for 200 and under. Thats the quick list.

People always say "Just go to the Texas mkile" but I like a group that requires you to be safe before saying go for it.
Old 02-04-2010, 06:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Well that eliminates me. I'm not willing to do a cage. I guess I can only watch.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:55 PM
TECH Addict

Well that eliminates me. I'm not willing to do a cage. I guess I can only watch.
Hell run your 125 and 150 lisense passes then go for broke You might tech the 150 class if you have a good 5 point and a fire system
Old 02-04-2010, 11:14 PM
On The Tree

I would love to go. I guess I will have to hurry up and get a cage installed!!
Old 02-05-2010, 07:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

Hell run your 125 and 150 lisense passes then go for broke You might tech the 150 class if you have a good 5 point and a fire system
V Series was telling me about this standing mile stuff but never mentioned anything about licensing. No fire system, no 5 point, no cage means I'll keep my FAST runs on the street.

Hope to see some good vids and pics of the car from the event.
Old 02-05-2010, 05:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

I'm shooting for 200mph in the standing mile this year on pump gas like I drive it on the street. So 8 point cage, race seat with full head support/restraint, 10lb fire system, trans blanket and sfi flywheel, window net, up to date 5 point, sfi driving suit+boots+neck brace+helmet+gloves, battery disconnect, labeling for fuel/battery and nitrous locations/shut-offs, one chute for 200 and under. Thats the quick list.

People always say "Just go to the Texas mkile" but I like a group that requires you to be safe before saying go for it.
...wow...thats some list. Not what I didn't expect,.... just alot of crap. few things I already have but,... the cage, fire system, and chute are not there just yet.

To go 200,... your spraying right?.. you'd need about, 750-800rwhp I think, to go 200 in the mile. What size shot are you planning on man? In the past, I wanna say I THINK, you were running a 125 shot right? I could be wrong. Only ask, cause we're also building a nitrous car for the mile.... should go well over 200 with the setup we plan on but, we'll see.

Any pics of your 8 point?

V Series was telling me about this standing mile stuff but never mentioned anything about licensing. No fire system, no 5 point, no cage means I'll keep my FAST runs on the street.

Hope to see some good vids and pics of the car from the event.

**** bro, we're out in the swamps for our event. We have little safety restrictions, and we require no liscense pass.... although it is required you drive the course first.

If you want a certification, i'll hop in the passenger seat with you and we'll go for a quick blast on the street
Old 02-05-2010, 05:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

some pics of last event...

Old 02-05-2010, 07:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
some pics of last event...

]

Aye Mama Cita !!! Venga aqui ! Apurate' !!!!! Sus pechas grande y bellisimas........Me gusta mucho. Es posible como su choca mami ??