Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Stay away from Apsis USA!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 02:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah... Actually, I've talked about how some of the threads are retarded. And many of the times that the thread starts off as "not retarded", the answers turn the thread for the worse.

It's really a shame too. I agree, though. The vendors really junk up the forum often times by posting all over the place. It does, at times, feel like the forums are spammed out. But on the bright side, the vendors that spam are also the vendors that are usually pretty good at dealing with customers. As an example, Apsis doesn't spam the forums. They post once in a while, but not nearly as much as many of the others. Also, there are a couple of vendors I look for in the threads because I buy from them often. When JWM posts, I check the thread to see if he's selling anything I have a few bucks for. And sure enough, I've purchased a few things from it.

The spam isn't all that bad. What IS bad is when they spam the forums with shitty offers, and it turns out to be a shitty product.

Again, I feel bad that the OP got ripped off for time and money. You would think that the Apsis could afford better customer service since their products are generally 150-170% higher than just about every other vendor.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:22 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SCM_Crash
There are a few vendors I go through for everything I can. Double D Mods for all audio stuff, JWMotoring for all lighting stuff, and so far I haven't found who I'll use for interior when things come around to it. But I've had experiences with a LOT of vendors and the ones I've had the best experience with was Denis from Double D and Jhonathan from JWM. In fact, these guys have had the best customer service I've dealt with in MANY years.

Thanks

That's interesting because LS1Tech and CorvetteForum are both owned by the same company (internetBrands) and I guess since Apsis isn't a supporting vendor here, they don't get the same protection.
we have to pay for each site to advertise.
Old 06-22-2011, 02:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I figured as much since InternetBrands seems to like to SQUEEZE the pennies out. But I would have imagined that they'd protect their investment on all their forums.

And your welcome... Good business starts with good customer service.
Old 04-30-2012, 02:15 AM

I have bought a lot of interior items (carbon fiber and alcantara/nappon) from jersey for my C6. While expensive, they have all been wonderful and look great. I do have an issue right now. I sent in my seats for their ultra deluxe treatment (very expensive). I was originally told 4-6 weeks. Then it changed to 6-8 weeks. After 5 weeks I asked them the status. I was told (this was in early April) that the factory was backlogged and that the factory also was on vacation for a week so they wouldn't be able to get to my seats until May. As you can imagine, I told him I am not happy. But what can i do at this point but wait.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:59 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by judocc
I have bought a lot of interior items (carbon fiber and alcantara/nappon) from jersey for my C6. While expensive, they have all been wonderful and look great. I do have an issue right now. I sent in my seats for their ultra deluxe treatment (very expensive). I was originally told 4-6 weeks. Then it changed to 6-8 weeks. After 5 weeks I asked them the status. I was told (this was in early April) that the factory was backlogged and that the factory also was on vacation for a week so they wouldn't be able to get to my seats until May. As you can imagine, I told him I am not happy. But what can i do at this point but wait.
As the owner of a small carbon fiber company, and without knowing a thing about Apsis other than the positive I've heard about them: Cancel your order and find another company that values YOU more than they value your money.

When it becomes more about profit than people, nothing good happens from that point forward.

As an aside; one thing to think about when it comes to us posting on a free forum:

When you're not paying, your not a customer.

You're the product, waiting to be sold.
Old 08-25-2014, 09:17 PM
Staging Lane

I want to renew this without starting another

I was at carlisle this past weekend and im pretty good on instincts

he was very rude there only vendor selling carbon parts..way overpriced and i can tell he is a scamer
I wish someone like DD mods was there...
Old 08-28-2014, 12:33 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by quickvert1
I want to renew this without starting another

I was at carlisle this past weekend and im pretty good on instincts

he was very rude there only vendor selling carbon parts..way overpriced and i can tell he is a scamer
I wish someone like DD mods was there...

Probably a good choice. Another member on Corvette Forum is dealing with a horrible product that was delivered after he spent $11,000 on their custom "Super Deluxe" seats and Apsis wants nothing to do with a resolution now that they've been paid in full.
Old 08-29-2014, 10:31 AM

I am so sick to my stomach. Never in all my years have I been so ripped off and disrespected by a vendor claiming to represent "quality".

Jersey Wu from APSIS USA sold me $6998 SuperDeluxe corvette seats and also supplied/furnished the stock C5 seat cores (for $980), in order to build his "custom", "high-quality" aftermarket seats. All in all, I paid about $9000 including shipping to receive these seats! Like an idiot, I wrote a check.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-g...ember-pix.html

What I received is absolutely disgusting.

Seat problems:
  • The stock seats cores supplied by APSIS are in TERRIBLE condition. Dirty, worn out, broken and non-functional.
  • The stock seat core's (with tracks) are worn out and filthy dirty - they didn't even bother to clean them up given the $7000 + $980 core charge I paid them!
  • BOTH seat backs (passenger and driver) will not lock into place! Both seat backs rock forward, even when in a "locked" position! How am I supposed to drive my car when both seats swing forward when I step on the brake?? How did they not ensure these seats were fully functional before they used them to make their "high-quality" custom seats?? They didn't need a C5 for this, they could have checked all of this without putting them in a car.
  • Driver seat controls are all beat up, worn out and dirty. Do they even function since they didn't test them??
  • Seat back release handle on the driver seat is dirty, scuffed/scratched and it is stripped. It doesn't even work! I can't operate the lever without it slipping on the shaft. The shaft for the seat back release handle is stripped and the "teeth" on the handle cannot grab the "teeth" on the shaft. It just slips when you pull the handle.
  • TERRIBLE leather finishing around the edges of both seats - where they glued the leather to the carbon seat backs/sides. You can see the very ugly jagged cuts in the leather and the glue is showing everywhere. What kind of quality is that? They didn't even add a simple strip to cover all of that up! They didn't even bother to finish the job nicely! Is that quality, worthy of $8000 seats???
  • The leather at the bottom of the sides of each seat are badly glued together (bottom front and bottom rear)...there is excess leather just glued together and hanging there. It looks terrible! Terrible craftsmanship!

See link to pictures here: Looks far worse in person

https://plus.google.com/photos/10446...Kjk0oe82cqQ9AE

Crude video links: only shows drivers seat but passenger seat has the same issues

After some ridiculous responses and arguing back and forth, Jersey finally agreed (in writing) to pay to take the seats back, have me send suitable replacement seat core's and he'd redo the seats...then the very next morning I get this amazing response (telling me to pound sand...that he's changed his mind and is not responsible for the broken seats he sold me)!!!

"After further thought I decide not to refund you the broken core seats since we just purchase for you per your request and have paid for it. So this pair of broken seat is yours.

We have to pay for shipping for both ways and if we have to eat the cost of purchasing that pair of broken core then we are upside down.

We just help purchase that pair of core seats for you per your request. So this is your seat. We shouldn't have to eat it. We will send to you or you can sell to somebody and we can drop ship for you. Both of us just have bad luck for this deal. Totally unexpected.

Jersey Wu

Apsis USA Inc.
1855 New Highway
Suite B
Farmingdale, NY 11735
631-421-6800
Fax: 631-549-8604
www.apsisusa.com
www.eapsisusa.com"

I can't believe anyone would treat a customer this way. He sold me the seat cores and the finished APSIS seats! How can he not be responsible for the the basic functionality, quality and SAFETY of the seats he sold me!!! How can anyone in their right mind take a position like this???

I may be forced to pursue all legal means to go after APSIS unless he pays to ship these seats back, refunds my core charge of $980 and does this job right (with my own seat cores that he told me to supply), and then pays to return ship.

I IMPLORE YOU NOT TO SUPPORT/BUY FROM A VENDOR THAT TREATS CUSTOMERS/FORUM MEMBERS THIS WAY!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!!
Old 08-29-2014, 11:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If they're a vendor then I wonder why someone with the company doesn't try to give their side?
Old 08-31-2014, 09:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

^^^ That's ridiculous MotoJB. I thought about buying some stuff from them in the past. This thread makes me glad I didn't. I'm not trying to make you feel bad with this next comment but instead I ordered seats from Caravaggio. Aside from it taking 3 months to send me the seats (when I was originally told 3 weeks) I have no complaints about the product. For anyone considering interior pieces, Caravaggio takes a while but they provided me a quality product.
Old 09-01-2014, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by SlowFRC
^^^ That's ridiculous MotoJB. I thought about buying some stuff from them in the past. This thread makes me glad I didn't. I'm not trying to make you feel bad with this next comment but instead I ordered seats from Caravaggio. Aside from it taking 3 months to send me the seats (when I was originally told 3 weeks) I have no complaints about the product. For anyone considering interior pieces, Caravaggio takes a while but they provided me a quality product.
Yep, be glad you didn't. Live and learn (a harsh one for me). I should have gone Caravaggio all the way.
Old 09-01-2014, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by danieloneil01
If they're a vendor then I wonder why someone with the company doesn't try to give their side?
Well, they're not a vendor here...and they have no "side", except for they preferred to screw me (not do what's right for a customer that paid a boat-load of money), so they don't have anything else to say.

This is all over the corvette forum. He's yet to chime in over there as well. He's just gone dark.

Meanwhile, hundreds of people are seeing the BS he pulled (and are starting to pull their own business with him).
Old 09-01-2014, 10:59 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by SCM_Crash
That's interesting because LS1Tech and CorvetteForum are both owned by the same company (internetBrands) and I guess since Apsis isn't a supporting vendor here, they don't get the same protection.
I can assure you, we don't protect vendors. If it's something dumb like someone bitching about shipping to Canada and the customer is just being ridiculous, then yeah we'll close it down. But you can TELL when it's a kid we're dealing with.

I caught this thread on CF and was surprised it wasn't closed already.

I'm with the others that chimed in; I actually am beginning to detest CF myself. Their motto of "the engineers know best" really rub me the wrong way.

A bunch of old men (not EVERYONE obviously) that don't even work on their own cars and cringe at the thought of running anything bigger than a 255 tire on the front rims.

Whatever.

Yes they're both owned by IB, but ran completely separately with "different" moderators.

I swear I'll quit here the day we allow the SUPER EXCESSIVE sale ads from sponsors being in the regular TECH sections.

Carry on gents, and OP, I hope it's not too late to dispute with the CC company as others have said. What they did, for a lack of better terms, is tee-total horse ****.
Old 09-04-2014, 03:40 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by dr_whigham
I caught this thread on CF and was surprised it wasn't closed already.
Well, like past complaints on CF it was only a matter of time - threads have been locked and redacted. Now all updates have to go through the all-powerful Administrator.
Old 09-07-2014, 08:18 PM

they were at vettes in the rockies one year (Apsis) they had a lot of items on display any ways the asian lady behind the counter was so rude and short with any questions i had that i said i would never ever buy anything from them...based on that exp. i had
Old 10-24-2014, 02:00 PM
Teching In

Wow, now I'm really not going to buy from Jersey. He did seem a little rude via PM on CF. And, IMO, it's way over priced.
Old 11-18-2014, 01:45 PM
Teching In

Good thing I stumbled upon this thread.

I'm ordering a new Z06 and didn't want the mat finish CF dash. I WAS going to order gloss CF piece from Apsis but not now.

So who do you guys recommend for reputable aftermarket CF pieces? Thanks.
Old 11-23-2014, 08:25 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by WKMCD
There are some unbelievably bad sponsors on CF that one negative word will get you banned. You could burn them in effigy here but don't even think of linking anything negative to CF or the ban hammer comes down.

Don't ask me how I know.
Lol sounds like a ls1gto forum.
Old 06-29-2015, 07:52 PM
Staging Lane

Default Please stay away from APSIS USA!!

2 issues with them..

First they sold me these shitty fender grills which dont stick on as they direct and provide the crappy double sided tape. The back of the fender piece does NOT fit flush so the damn thing just fell off on highway now im screwed out of $440. To add insult to injury JERSEY WU was very rude to me as well and ONLY cares about money so he proposed I pay another $220 for replacement. Wtf are u nuts so the crap can fall off again??

Then recently i emailed him because i have a BRAND NEW APSIS carbon fiber dash piece but it had the f55 hole so not asking him any favors just a swap for a non hole F55 and he agreed at first. I sent it and had to wait 2 weeks spending $75 shipping first then when it arrives and he has time to respond to me he denys the swap and wants an additional 25% on top in order to swap. Is this guy nuts?? I literally didnt ask for one red cent just a swap he agreed to and then backed out so i had to pay another $65 shipping fee back. So this guy takes another $150 out of my pocket all to waste. WOW who does that? I never asked for anything but a simple swap and then i get gouged last minute. This guy is a crook and i really hope he mails my part back brand new cause it was brand new. Some of the forum vendors are really crappy and you are all right they are protected like crazy.
Old 02-24-2016, 11:35 AM
Teching In

Default Corvette Forum

Originally Posted by vtecthis
Trust me, there are FAR better vendors than Apsis. I've heard good things about DSVettes.

It's a shame as Apsis is a sponsor on the Corvette Forum and they go to great lengths to protect thier vendors--even when they are not stand-up people. Almost every thread started about Apsis that is negative is locked within 24 hours. In my opinion, it's one thing if a member is bashing a vendor out of spite, but when there are literally dozens of unhappy customers I feel the forum should allow the members to at least research a vendor before spending money and possibly having a bad experience. They are obviously far more concerned about income than the very members that make the site possible.
. It's amazing how bad the Corvette forum is and how they shout down anybody who doesn't agree with them

Quick Reply: Stay away from Apsis USA!