Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Stay away from Apsis USA!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 07:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stay away from Apsis USA!

To any potential customers of Apsis USA, stay away!!! The owner is a liar and sells poorly made products that he will not stand behind. If you have any specific questions please let me know.

Bar none, the most appalling customer service experience I have ever had with an online vendor.

Mark
Old 02-02-2010, 10:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

That's a shame, I was looking at some of their interior pieces that looked really good in pics.
Old 02-04-2010, 05:47 PM
Teching In

Trust me, there are FAR better vendors than Apsis. I've heard good things about DSVettes.

It's a shame as Apsis is a sponsor on the Corvette Forum and they go to great lengths to protect thier vendors--even when they are not stand-up people. Almost every thread started about Apsis that is negative is locked within 24 hours. In my opinion, it's one thing if a member is bashing a vendor out of spite, but when there are literally dozens of unhappy customers I feel the forum should allow the members to at least research a vendor before spending money and possibly having a bad experience. They are obviously far more concerned about income than the very members that make the site possible.
Old 02-04-2010, 07:05 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by vtecthis
To any potential customers of Apsis USA, stay away!!! The owner is a liar and sells poorly made products that he will not stand behind. If you have any specific questions please let me know.

Bar none, the most appalling customer service experience I have ever had with an online vendor.

Mark
Hi Mark,

Can you develop your issues or complaints with APSISUSA please?

I can say for now, both their products and their customer service is irreproachable...

I am waiting to hear from you and from your experience as I am still in business with this company...for big...

Christian
Old 02-04-2010, 08:19 PM
Teching In

Long story short:

1. VERY rude when ordering.
2. Product did not ship when I was told it would.
3. On arrival, product was absolutely an insult to my intelligence that I would pay that much for such a poor quality product. Fitment wasn't bad--because it didn't fit at all.
4. When contacted, Jersey (the owner) treated me like an idiot and could not get it through his head that I have a shop and my techs know what they are doing. Product was a joke and he would not even consider the possibility that it was anything other than my fault.
5. After being treated like an idiot, I decided to return the product for a refund.
6. I had to pay freight to return a product that did not fit the car---AT ALL.
7. Jersey would not refund my money on to my card that I purchased the product with.
8. Waited over a month for the check to arrive.
9. MY PERSONAL FAVORITE---Charged me a $75 restock fee despite the product being in a sellable state as it arrived to me---and did not tell me he was going to charge me said fee.
10. After numerous people complained of the same problem with the product, months later he "kind of" admitted there could be a problem and still refused to send the remaining $75 of my refund.
11. Jersey completely denies that any of this happened and then proceeds to put me down on a public forum after putting me through all of this $%!^.

If I catch up with Jersey, he will need a surgeon to get my foot out of his ***.

Congratualtions if you have had good dealings with him, but wait until you have an issue and see how he handles it.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Man that's horrible. What was the product if you don't mind me asking?

Oh, love your cars b-day!
Old 02-05-2010, 03:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Very interesting. Was going to have them do my car with the works, but after your post, I'm a little sceptical of doing business with them.

Personally, I would have called my credit card company and disputed the whole charge.

Also, I'm tired of paying way in advance for stuff, before it is ever made. BTW, all of their stuff is made overseas.

I've seen their products up close at Carlisle last year and they look very good and the feel of the NAPA leather is unbeliveable.

What part did you buy that you had all the problems with.

I'm having a steering wheel done as a test piece and plan to go there in person to pick it up and check out the shop.
Old 02-05-2010, 09:21 PM
Teching In

The product I purchased was C6Z front splash guards. I don't doubt that Apsis builds some good stuff, but good luck if you have ANY issue at all. I still can't believe he charged me a restock fee without telling me first after all the $#!% he put me through.
Old 02-05-2010, 09:23 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BlownVette 2001
Very interesting. Was going to have them do my car with the works, but after your post, I'm a little sceptical of doing business with them.

Personally, I would have called my credit card company and disputed the whole charge.

Also, I'm tired of paying way in advance for stuff, before it is ever made. BTW, all of their stuff is made overseas.

I've seen their products up close at Carlisle last year and they look very good and the feel of the NAPA leather is unbeliveable.

What part did you buy that you had all the problems with.

I'm having a steering wheel done as a test piece and plan to go there in person to pick it up and check out the shop.

If you go there, remind that son of a bitch he owes $75 to a guy in Montana!!
Old 09-30-2010, 10:12 AM
Teching In

I have to back up Vtecthis on this.

I have used them twice and will not use them again. I should have learned the first time when I bought interior pieces from them. Nothing fit correctly and I had to ship it back to be corrected on my dime. When they came back the second time it was dirty from whoever fixed its hands and still did not fit great.

I ordered a CF Z06 spoiler from him this time and it has pin holes in it. He tells me I am too picky and most people would not notice this. I tell him I am paying top dollar and want it correct. Again I ahve to pay for shipping to return the piece and suspect the next one will be just as bad. I am kicking myself for using them again.

Everybody I have seen with his pieces in their car at car shows I usually stop and talk to and they all tell me the same story about how difficult he is to deal with. I guess I deserve what I am getting for trying to use him again but I though with the CF spoiler he probably bought it from somebody else who made it and was just passing it on. I know he subs all of his interior work overseas and gets it done for pennies on the dollar, hence the lack of quality.
Old 05-18-2011, 02:22 PM
Launching!

Interesting. I just received my C5 D-Sport wheel from them. Blue stitching, carbon fiber up top and alcantara on the bottom. It looks and feels incredible. Havent thrown it in yet, but if it fits as good as it looks, it might be the best money Ive spent yet.

It definitely took a while to get to me, but I wasnt in a rush and that wasnt a big problem as far as my own personal experience with them.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:19 PM
Launching!

Trust me, there are FAR better vendors than Apsis. I've heard good things about DSVettes.

It's a shame as Apsis is a sponsor on the Corvette Forum and they go to great lengths to protect thier vendors--even when they are not stand-up people. Almost every thread started about Apsis that is negative is locked within 24 hours. In my opinion, it's one thing if a member is bashing a vendor out of spite, but when there are literally dozens of unhappy customers I feel the forum should allow the members to at least research a vendor before spending money and possibly having a bad experience. They are obviously far more concerned about income than the very members that make the site possible.
This is true. I used to frequent that site very often but it gets old seeing the crap they do there, so I don't check it out as much. Heaven forbid you talk bad about your experience with one of their supporting venders. Not too mention all the stereotypical mid-life crisis vette owners on that site asking everyones opinion on doing completely uncalled for retarded **** to their car. There is very few real car people on that site.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:10 PM
Staging Lane

cf is crap. I quit cf over a year a go and refuse to go back. I stick to trolling tech, b/c if a shop/member does you wrong you will hear both sides of the story and the thread wont disappear like a fart in the wind.
Old 06-17-2011, 05:28 AM
Teching In

Default Apsis

I have their C5 d-shaped wheel on my car for over a year and it has held up fine and the quality is excellent. Just finished the Power Tour with it too!

I wonder what's up with them?

Don
Old 06-17-2011, 05:12 PM
11 Second Club

I had the same issues with them on a spoiler. Took almost 2 months to get after they told me 7-10 days. Didn't fit properly. Treated me like I wasn't smart enough to install it. Ordered the exact same thing from another vendor, and no issues. I won't deal with them again, which is a shame because they make some parts I can't find elsewhere.
Old 06-19-2011, 08:47 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

sorry to hear of your troubles

Last edited by DOUBLEDMODS; 06-19-2011 at 09:00 PM.
Old 06-20-2011, 05:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Long story short:

1. VERY rude when ordering.
2. Product did not ship when I was told it would.
3. On arrival, product was absolutely an insult to my intelligence that I would pay that much for such a poor quality product. Fitment wasn't bad--because it didn't fit at all.
4. When contacted, Jersey (the owner) treated me like an idiot and could not get it through his head that I have a shop and my techs know what they are doing. Product was a joke and he would not even consider the possibility that it was anything other than my fault.
5. After being treated like an idiot, I decided to return the product for a refund.
6. I had to pay freight to return a product that did not fit the car---AT ALL.
7. Jersey would not refund my money on to my card that I purchased the product with.
8. Waited over a month for the check to arrive.
9. MY PERSONAL FAVORITE---Charged me a $75 restock fee despite the product being in a sellable state as it arrived to me---and did not tell me he was going to charge me said fee.
10. After numerous people complained of the same problem with the product, months later he "kind of" admitted there could be a problem and still refused to send the remaining $75 of my refund.
11. Jersey completely denies that any of this happened and then proceeds to put me down on a public forum after putting me through all of this $%!^.

If I catch up with Jersey, he will need a surgeon to get my foot out of his ***.

Congratualtions if you have had good dealings with him, but wait until you have an issue and see how he handles it.
That really sucks. Not that I have the money to pay for their stuff, but I've seen a lot of their work on CF and wanted to use them as well... But I'm not that picky that I'd risk the same kind of trouble you've had (and apparently others on here have had as well).

There are a few vendors I go through for everything I can. Double D Mods for all audio stuff, JWMotoring for all lighting stuff, and so far I haven't found who I'll use for interior when things come around to it. But I've had experiences with a LOT of vendors and the ones I've had the best experience with was Denis from Double D and Jhonathan from JWM. In fact, these guys have had the best customer service I've dealt with in MANY years.

At the moment I'm dealing with customer service for some other product (non-car related) and it seems that customer service these days is almost non-existent. It's good to find good vendors and just stick with them. In this economy, you hope they stay in business and keep providing the level of customer service you're used to from them.

BTW, I would still file a complaint with your credit card company over that $75.

Originally Posted by icen
cf is crap. I quit cf over a year a go and refuse to go back. I stick to trolling tech, b/c if a shop/member does you wrong you will hear both sides of the story and the thread wont disappear like a fart in the wind.
That's interesting because LS1Tech and CorvetteForum are both owned by the same company (internetBrands) and I guess since Apsis isn't a supporting vendor here, they don't get the same protection.
Old 06-20-2011, 05:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SCM_Crash
That's interesting because LS1Tech and CorvetteForum are both owned by the same company (internetBrands) and I guess since Apsis isn't a supporting vendor here, they don't get the same protection.
There are some unbelievably bad sponsors on CF that one negative word will get you banned. You could burn them in effigy here but don't even think of linking anything negative to CF or the ban hammer comes down.

Don't ask me how I know.
Old 06-20-2011, 08:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That's a shame. CF is like my home. LOL I think I average 7 posts a day!
Old 06-20-2011, 09:45 PM
Launching!

I used to post a good bit on there but, I just didn't really care too much for the environment there. Sponsors are allowed to put up a billion threads where they don't even belong but, you be the guy that puts the thread in the wrong forum and you are garbage. Some of the people are good people and really informative but, the majority of the guys seem like they are the stereotypical vette owners and only want to do stupid crap to their cars and post stupid threads about retarded stuff. I will say one thing though the classified sections are pretty nice. Everynow and then you will find some deals on stuff there.

Quick Reply: Stay away from Apsis USA!