Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Calling out Doug (allngn C5)

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 07:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds good John !! Just take it easy killer, and lets stick to singles until you can do 10 sets of 1 at 405 with no more then 60 seconds rest. It doesn't sound like much but you will be quite tired. 135 to failure. 225 X 10 315 X 4-8 365 X 3-6. Be sure to stretch between sets, then start the 405 X 1 for 10 sets. Tell me what you think. My money says you'll be telling me you hate me. LOL.

You do this workout for 2-3 weeks then add 10-20 lbs to your 405 X 1 for 10 sets so you'll now be doing 415-425 X 1 for 10 sets. Every 2-3 weeks increase the weight used for singles and before you know it you'll be pulling 500 lbs like nothing.

I'd love to do deads again, but going too heavy and doing them wrong before someone showed me the correct way has kept me from going back. I plan to do them again but will stay with lighter weights.
Old 03-02-2010, 02:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hit legs yesterday! Cheers...

Lets see how strong your abs are....anyone can hit the bench...
Old 03-02-2010, 02:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
Sounds good John !! Just take it easy killer, and lets stick to singles until you can do 10 sets of 1 at 405 with no more then 60 seconds rest. It doesn't sound like much but you will be quite tired. 135 to failure. 225 X 10 315 X 4-8 365 X 3-6. Be sure to stretch between sets, then start the 405 X 1 for 10 sets. Tell me what you think. My money says you'll be telling me you hate me. LOL.

You do this workout for 2-3 weeks then add 10-20 lbs to your 405 X 1 for 10 sets so you'll now be doing 415-425 X 1 for 10 sets. Every 2-3 weeks increase the weight used for singles and before you know it you'll be pulling 500 lbs like nothing.

I'd love to do deads again, but going too heavy and doing them wrong before someone showed me the correct way has kept me from going back. I plan to do them again but will stay with lighter weights.
I always pyramid down.

135x10
225x10
315x8
335x6
365x4
385x4
405x2
425x2

did shrugs with 315 at the end till my grip finally let go and i couldnt even hold up the bar anymore.

Originally Posted by SilveradoSS500
I hit legs yesterday! Cheers...

I honestly dont do abs. I have the outline of a 6 back, but im not ripped. I have the "V" though.

last time i had my body fat tested i was around 8%. but that was back when i was 185-190. im about 20lbs heavier now, so im guessing im around 10%.
Old 03-02-2010, 03:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Well John when you do the proper warmup as I suggest, then start your workout (10 sets of 1) let me know how it compares to what you did. I believe my suggestion is more efficient for power and endurance. Deadlifts usually allow the individual sufficient reason to rest for 5 mins between sets. My way its one rep and rest for 1 min. You'll be done with the work sets in 11 mins. Then done !! It works, ask me how I know.

For the record my abs are a work in progress, but I haven't heard any complaints. So until I do I am not going to worry about them. LOL

Chest / Back all supersets in about 3 mins !! Later.
Old 03-02-2010, 06:37 PM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Serious?

Um...

-Spectre, good lifts mate. Thats a respectable max, I like your pantry too. I started a bulking cycle a month ago. I don't have nearly as much as you're stock but I am putting on the pounds.

Tony.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Witnessed one of our more "hardcore" lifters do 600 in the deadlift tonight. Kept his back flat, locked it out, and set it down under control. I was impressed. Not bad for running a couple grams of go juice a week and plenty of those "super" vitamins. The dude is about 6'6" and 300 lbs. At that height and able to do a 600 lb DL clean is quite amazing.

I am quite happy with my chest/back Tri workout. Getting better every weak. Main goal, keep improving and stay injury free.

The real bitch of the night was the 45 mins on the treadmill. Talk about boring. Thank god for the TV's mounted from the sealing.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Speed Density
Serious?

Um...

-Spectre, good lifts mate. Thats a respectable max, I like your pantry too. I started a bulking cycle a month ago. I don't have nearly as much as you're stock but I am putting on the pounds.

Tony.
thanks man. hahaha yeah me too, expect when it runs out and i have to refill it couldnt even tell you had much iv spent at bodybuilding.com

what supps are you on?

Witnessed one of our more "hardcore" lifters do 600 in the deadlift tonight. Kept his back flat, locked it out, and set it down under control. I was impressed. Not bad for running a couple grams of go juice a week and plenty of those "super" vitamins. The dude is about 6'6" and 300 lbs. At that height and able to do a 600 lb DL clean is quite amazing.

I am quite happy with my chest/back Tri workout. Getting better every weak. Main goal, keep improving and stay injury free.

The real bitch of the night was the 45 mins on the treadmill. Talk about boring. Thank god for the TV's mounted from the sealing.
Yeah iv seen a couple of "hardcore" lifts in person. one of my buddies in his 30s is about 5'6 and 200 give or take. he put up 5 plates (495) on INCLINE bench.

haha hey doug, do my time on the tredmill next time your there. i think its been almost 2 years since i did any cardio besides sex. lol
Old 03-03-2010, 12:52 AM
hashtagBMW

Good thing is BB.com is based in boise, so its easy to get sups quick.

Right now im on serious mass for lift days, jacked pre-workout. And BSN syntha6 for non pump days. Its hard for me to get the intake I need because Im so busy, but it seems to be working. I was on cytogainer for 1 tub of that and picked up 6lbs in 3 weeks. Hopefully the swap to 1250cals and the quality carbs in serious mass will bump me up a bit more.

I am trying to get to 170(ish) and cut a few pounds for summer, I would like to be 170 bottom after cut but i dont think I wana put 20lbs on this time, ill be a walking turd.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Good thing is BB.com is based in boise, so its easy to get sups quick.

Right now im on serious mass for lift days, jacked pre-workout. And BSN syntha6 for non pump days. Its hard for me to get the intake I need because Im so busy, but it seems to be working. I was on cytogainer for 1 tub of that and picked up 6lbs in 3 weeks. Hopefully the swap to 1250cals and the quality carbs in serious mass will bump me up a bit more.

I am trying to get to 170(ish) and cut a few pounds for summer, I would like to be 170 bottom after cut but i dont think I wana put 20lbs on this time, ill be a walking turd.
whats your height? 170lbs isnt much.

next time you order from bb.com at the checkout screen, enter one of these codes. one of them is always working.

comeback10peroff
ComeBack10Percent
ComeBack10PerOff

you will get 10% off your entire order

i like the serious mass. almost through my 2nd bag. heres a more current pic of the pantry.

that meso tech tastes great and is a good meal replacement for a quick snack too.

iv used jack3d before. it works good for energy, but it supressed my appetite. i would workout for 2-3 hours and wouldnt be hungry after. superpump 250 works really well for awhile.

my favorite hands down is clear shot by Epharm

its concentrated and im being 100% honest, it burns exactly like a strait shot of vodka. but you only need to take 2 cap fulls so the serving is small, like less then a shot. im wired for hours. no crash either.

the syntha 6 really isnt a good quality protein though, high in fat and calories for the protein serving. look up "pro complex" by optimum nutrition. or wheybolic 60 by GNC. both of those are really good quality.

myofusion by gaspari tastes better then chocolate milk. i went through a 5 lb tub of it in less then a week. lol
Old 03-03-2010, 07:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

Hey John you mention the 5'6" guy benching, keep in mind that "Joe" is 6'6" !! Takes a hell of a lot more force to bull 600 off the floor being that height then it does when you are a short squatty 5'6". Joe also has benched 405 for reps on the incline. Never saw him max. Again like I previously mentioned, you put enough go juice in the body with a healthy mix of SUPER vitamins and you better be able to lift a ton of weight.

John, I am so sore this morning that I can barely lift my arms. Its a good sore though !! I want more.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:59 AM
hashtagBMW

I was on SP250 before jacked and I have to say that SP is a lot more brute pre-workout. I was way more jittery and focused on pumping. I think they both work, however and jacked is cheaper and has less **** in it.

I am 5.8", problem is I can't put mass or fat on and I am either at school or work the majority of the day. So I put a goal that was attainable out there. I'd like to pick up 10-16lbs on a heavier bulk cycle and then go back to just normal protien and not a gainer or t he everyday eating like a maniac. I dont know if ill 'cut' cut, but we'll see.

Tony.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

I was on SP250 before jacked and I have to say that SP is a lot more brute pre-workout. I was way more jittery and focused on pumping. I think they both work, however and jacked is cheaper and has less **** in it.

I am 5.8", problem is I can't put mass or fat on and I am either at school or work the majority of the day. So I put a goal that was attainable out there. I'd like to pick up 10-16lbs on a heavier bulk cycle and then go back to just normal protien and not a gainer or t he everyday eating like a maniac. I dont know if ill 'cut' cut, but we'll see.

Tony.
Hey Tony, pardon my chuckle but when I hear people say cycle I immediately picture a juicer. I don't associate cycling with supplements that are OTC. At any rate, if you are a hard gainer then eat larger red meat based meals considering it doesn't sound like have time to eat 6-10 small meals. Eat a huge breakfast, eggs, steak, baked potatoe, then sip your shakes to keep from starving, and when you get home eat a good dinner. More steak, eggs, broccoli. Your big night meal before going to bed will put weight on you. You are essentially filling up the tank and putting the car in the garage. You follow. Now when you want to cut, you obiously wouldn't eat all the carbs I suggest or huge meal late. You want low calorie protein late when dieting. However you want to gain so eat more early and late. Especially things that potentiate hormone production. Animal fat from red meat, and cholesterol from the eggs. Your test production should go up a lot. You sound like you aren't eating enough high calorie protein sources and training all wrong to gain weight. If you have any questions I'd be happy to discuss them in PM, or here, up to you.
Old 03-03-2010, 02:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hey John you mention the 5'6" guy benching, keep in mind that "Joe" is 6'6" !! Takes a hell of a lot more force to bull 600 off the floor being that height then it does when you are a short squatty 5'6". Joe also has benched 405 for reps on the incline. Never saw him max. Again like I previously mentioned, you put enough go juice in the body with a healthy mix of SUPER vitamins and you better be able to lift a ton of weight.

John, I am so sore this morning that I can barely lift my arms. Its a good sore though !! I want more.
oh i know about the height thing when it comes to ROM. but keep in mind, theres also another 100 lbs on the taller guys as well

i took yesterday off. hitting arms tonight.

Tony.
try that clear shot. its cheap too. its like $26-28 for like 30 servings

and i hear you on the school and work thing. its hard fitting good workouts in, and even harder fitting a good meal in. hell its hard even getting the calories in sometimes.

and yeah, i havent really "cut" before. ill see how i look at 220 for summer if i can get there.
Old 03-03-2010, 05:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

My goal was to always be "Ascetically pleasing" and have a protruding V of course!!!

Thats why I asked about abs Mr. Speed Denisty...no homo...
Old 03-06-2010, 03:47 PM
hashtagBMW

My goal was to always be "Ascetically pleasing" and have a protruding V of course!!!

Thats why I asked about abs Mr. Speed Denisty...no homo...
If you were being serious about 'anybody being able to hit the bench', then thats why I quoted you.

I have a ton of skinny friends that say this and they do roman chair ab sets of like 300 and think their abs are the ****. We all have abs, hidden under a layer of fat and it pisses me off when skinny kids think they are torn with abs. Those kids can bench 90lbs.

Tony.
Old 03-06-2010, 04:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

This thread is still going WOW.
Old 03-08-2010, 04:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you were being serious about 'anybody being able to hit the bench', then thats why I quoted you.

I have a ton of skinny friends that say this and they do roman chair ab sets of like 300 and think their abs are the ****. We all have abs, hidden under a layer of fat and it pisses me off when skinny kids think they are torn with abs. Those kids can bench 90lbs.

Tony.
True that Tony!

Its kindoff like what I tell my girlfriends, " You can only have crushed or cubed" Crushed or cubed ice that is...

You are what you eat but we all need the fat to get bigger, then cut it. I just started cutting. Sucks...

This thread is still going WOW.
Go have a shake or something!
Old 03-08-2010, 09:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Speed Density, you should be ashamed of yourself for using that pic as your avatar. LOL though, it is funny as hell.
Old 03-16-2010, 04:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Tony.
yup. easy to have a 6 pack when someone is 5'10 and 150lbs.

got 445 up the other day. tried 455 but it wasnt happening. Also got 405 up on sqaut.

hey doug, when you heading out to vengeance again?
Old 03-16-2010, 07:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Well John, those are some nice numbers. How's you deadlift coming along ?

I had a great workout today until these BO having Foreigners since they don't wash with soap or use deodorant. They smelled like body odor and hot spicy curry. I couldn't get the stench out of my nose or lungs. I had to fight the second half of my workout and cardio session was cut 15 mins short due to the overwhelming urge to vomit.

What sucks is I made a few comments to there faces about how they stink and I wish they would wash there *** before coming in here or at least go workout away from me. It didn't phase them. They probably think I smell bad since I wash up before hitting the gym and actually wear anti perspirant. If they come in like that again I'm complaining, only problem is that the owner is chaldean or something and he stinks too!!!!

Quick Reply: Calling out Doug (allngn C5)