Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Calling out Doug (allngn C5)

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 01:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Update. After several injuries, etc etc and numerous setbacks I finally had what I would call a killer back workout last night. Took the Amazon with me and she was definately a source of inspiration. Did back and triceps. Finished pulldowns with a set of 10 at 250 ! Did low rows and finished with 10x250, 4x275, and 2x295 !! Never pulled that much weight on a seated low row before without using bad form and / or injuring myself. Used perfect form, and actually think I could've went another rep or two at 295 but wisely quit while I was ahead.

The left knee is still junk. Went from maxing out at 1500 lbs for a few reps to using an empty sled and doing singles to rehab my knee. Leg extensions with nearly 400 lbs for sets of 8, not anymore. 30 lbs single leg finally doing sets of 20 with no pain. Going to consider using 40 lbs. LOL. Hamstrings and calves are still good and moving the weight but that damn left knee shut down my power. My quadriceps are bitching that they can't get a good workout in because my knee is a *****. LOL.

Right shoulder is coming along ok, making progress. No more heavy benching for me. On a side note I did go back to incline dumb bell bench press for what I thought would be stretching only. I ended up man handling the 80's for sets of 10. I was shocked. Didn't think my shoulder would like that very much but it did. Had power for more, but again wisely thought to quit while I was ahead. Hope to have some real bragging stats in about 5 weeks that even John may have to give credit for. Stay tuned. Sucks getting old. (35) LOL Now before I get slammed I was just kidding, but the difference between 21, 25, 30 and 35 are huge.

Quick Reply: Calling out Doug (allngn C5)