Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Calling out Doug (allngn C5)

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 07:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

3 month old hamstring injury is going away. Pulled 150 lb curls for sets of 10 pretty ez. I was nervous towards the end as it was starting to tighten up even with stretching between sets. Left knee still a bit soar. Getting up and down all day long at work doesn't help but it pays the bills. Had a lot of competition for the machines I like to use at the gym yesterday so I'm going to do cardio first and repeat my triple set routine for legs. Exts, Curls, and donkey calf raises. Hopefully that C***S****R and his two kids don't come in messing up my **** again.

On a side note, I thoroughly enjoyed my cheat day last night. Nikis deep dish Greek pizza with pepperoni and Extra sauce. All that lycopene, good for the prostate LOL. Should keep me on my diet for the next 3 months. Treated last night as my bday come early.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts

glad to hear the training is going good bro. iv been doing alright. crazy bs with woman. you know the story(s) lol.

school is out in 2 weeks, so time to hit it hard and get my summer skin on.

been doing the 5x5 lately.

370 flat bench.
310 incline

315-345 on sqaut

kicking *** on deads. up to 455. usually do a 1rm.

on break at work. ill catch up with you later. pm me that link to the video u want me to post.
Old 05-28-2010, 01:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Spectre86
glad to hear the training is going good bro. iv been doing alright. crazy bs with woman. you know the story(s) lol.

school is out in 2 weeks, so time to hit it hard and get my summer skin on.

been doing the 5x5 lately.

370 flat bench.
310 incline

315-345 on sqaut

kicking *** on deads. up to 455. usually do a 1rm.

on break at work. ill catch up with you later. pm me that link to the video u want me to post.

Your numbers are a bit down but now that you are back from Vacation I'm sure they will come back. I can't challange on any of the benching but keep me up to date on your leg developement. Overtraining hamstrings will help. Should keep the knee supported from being pulled on too hard by a stronger quad. Work on muscle balance. The following may sound gay, but use the chix machines too for abductor and adductor training. You'll thank me later.

My PB dead was 515 at a weight of 275 so you pulling 445 at 210 or so is nice. But keep in mind dead lifting and being tall don't go hand in hand. I'd hate to speculate my deadlift capability. I wouldn't bet higher then 315 for a single, but within a month I'd be doing over 400 again due to re learning the exercise.
Old 05-28-2010, 01:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

http://www.finheaven.com/forums/show...post1063444535

Should be a link to not everyones "ideal" female workout partner, but I know she'd motivate me to do my best !
Old 05-29-2010, 01:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Can't believe no one has followed the link to Andressa Soares. The brazillian big booty bomb shell. Muy Bonita !!!
Old 05-30-2010, 09:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

Holiday gym hours and allergies has got my training all F'd up. Oh well going to try to get a good one in at lunch at the job. Chest and bi's. Should be fun. Might surprise a few of my partners. Should be good and rested for Tuesday Leg presses. Left knee feels 100% so I may or may not go heavy again. We'll see. Might just keep it light and train individual legs so that I can be sure. Then next week I guarantee it. LOL.
Old 06-01-2010, 04:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

On my way to wash the car and then hit legs at the gym. Hopefully my feel good knee stays feeling good as the weight goes up. Haven't decided if I want to push heavy weight tonight. Might try something a little different. Individual leg presses. Should help identify if my knee is 100% and if there are any noticeable strength deficiencies in the left leg vs the right leg. Come on 12 plates a side with attitude. If I feel I'll attempt it. I want a double though, oops can't get too cocky.

John where you at bro ???
Old 06-01-2010, 10:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Knee felt good, but did get tired. Too many reps on my way to the heavy stuff. Thought it wise to let it recuperate for another week before going HEAVY. Did manage to do a strong calf workout. Donkey Calf raises. 10 sets of 10 with weight ranging from 445 to 600 lbs. 3 sets of 10 were done at 600 too !!! Did all my high rep stuff with 200, 300, and 400 lbs to warm up. 50, 35, and 20 reps respectively. Gotta thank you again John, you know your nutrition as good as me and those tips you gave me sure have paid off. Hopefully the shoulder rebuild will be successful and I'll hit 405 one time in my life on bench. Good looking out. Forgot to mention, I love super sets so as always my leg presses were followed immediately by the DCR's Need to rest and eat again. LOL
Old 06-09-2010, 07:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Leg training update......MF'ing knee just won't hold together for a full effort workout. BTW I lift raw, no wraps or belts. Maybe I should start doing a light wrap but that will only hide the weakness and increase the risk for injury. Anyways...............

I warm up properly, stretch adequately and feel weak as ****? WTF ?? Anyways I'm supersetting Leg presses and Donkey calf raises. Calf training went great, actually starting to improve. Did all my higher rep pre requisite lifts before the heavy stuff. Major improvement at the 10 plates a side level. 10 a side for 8 reps. 4 slow testing/stretching the knee followed by 4 slightly faster full push reps. Knee got tight. Stretched, rested, and did some light hamstring curls to help balance the pull on the knee by the quadricep. Have 11 plates a side now, a spotter, and Ray (my spotter) is talking **** to push my buttons. Helps me get my mind set for the lift lol. Anyways it feels pretty light? Huh? So I do rep 2, 3, and then reality sets in. Rep 4 is a total bitch. Got it up no problem but it felt exponentially heavier then the first 3 reps. Had thoughts about re attempting a single at 12 plates a side but thought better of it. Did a continuous drop set down to an empty sled my quads were burning. Then I did single leg presses to help identify how much weaker my left leg was due to the knee issues. After the test I concluded my right leg was doing most of the work. Might have to skip legs for 2 weeks and try again. I remember the days of pushing 1800+ lbs for a triple, and I want to get back there again. However I weighed 286 lbs when I did it vs 246ish (250, gained a few lbs back due to lack of cardio) My bad.

So John, when can I send you a plane ticket so you can come out for the weekend and train/party till you puke ? Later bro and keep up the good work. Those updates you sent me via txt sound awesome.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:29 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

That is DAMN impressive Spectre! My goal is to bench 2x my body weight... looks like you pretty much crushed that! Nice work

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 06-15-2010, 12:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

from tonight.

[youtube]EXci8doh6s0[/youtube]

This next one was after that 405x3 and a 435x1

[youtube]ePZY36mPOoY[/youtube]

shooting for around 33-35 fresh.

going to attempt 455 in about 2 weeks.

also finished at 365 on incline.
Old 06-15-2010, 03:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Damn John and I thought I was doing something with my 275x3 today after ******* all weekend LOL. Ole girl drained me like a vampire. I tried more weight but my shoulder wasn't happy with it at all. I think the plan will be to add reps to 275. Its a good press, and if I can reach 10 reps I'll be doing great.

Congrats on being back in the 400's again. Too impressive.

Sipping on that adreNOline sample you sent me. Tastes like *** mixed with ****. Yuck.

Just watched the vids bro HOLY SMOKES !!! 405 x 3 !! Looks like the joint strengthening suggestion of 225 x MAX reps one week followed by max weight the next seems to be working. Keep it up, I see 500 for a single very soon. A couple months.
Old 06-16-2010, 07:41 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Damn impressive!

What was your weight at roughly when you did that 405 x 3?

Old 06-16-2010, 01:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
Damn John and I thought I was doing something with my 275x3 today after ******* all weekend LOL. Ole girl drained me like a vampire. I tried more weight but my shoulder wasn't happy with it at all. I think the plan will be to add reps to 275. Its a good press, and if I can reach 10 reps I'll be doing great.

Congrats on being back in the 400's again. Too impressive.

Sipping on that adreNOline sample you sent me. Tastes like *** mixed with ****. Yuck.

Just watched the vids bro HOLY SMOKES !!! 405 x 3 !! Looks like the joint strengthening suggestion of 225 x MAX reps one week followed by max weight the next seems to be working. Keep it up, I see 500 for a single very soon. A couple months.
haha i dont know about 500 that soon. im definately not liking this cut. no mass gainer, no rice, etc. it blows.

but hey iv never had this much of a 6 pack or a V before. lol

Originally Posted by Superman09
Damn impressive!

What was your weight at roughly when you did that 405 x 3?
I weighed in at 212 lbs that day.
Old 06-18-2010, 01:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Spectre86
haha i dont know about 500 that soon. im definately not liking this cut. no mass gainer, no rice, etc. it blows.

but hey iv never had this much of a 6 pack or a V before. lol

I weighed in at 212 lbs that day.
So what do you weigh now bro?

My buddy Paul told me to stop burning out all my power on my "pump and pose" routine. Damn it was working great for awhile but I guess it plateaued. Paul said go old school. Want to improve bench, then just bench. Long rests, max effort after a warm up and middle set. I can't argue with the results. 3rd flat bench only workout since last Saturday and each workout I've gotten stronger, go figure? 275x3 280x2 285x2. Not bad considering I got buried under 290 just a couple days ago. Tried 315, felt fine but too heavy for me from the bottom. My shoulders just can't handle it. Maybe practice some 1/2 reps with it. Or just keep doing as Paul has me doing? Should nail 315 for a single by the end of next month. FINGERS CROSSED. In reality I want more. LOL don't we all.

Congrats again John, now keep working that bench. I'm still calling for 500x1 outta you. Carb up for a couple days before your chest day and then kill it. You need to have done 405 x 10 before you attempt it. Also have a good spotter.
Old 06-18-2010, 08:01 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Pretty amazing stuff at 212 lbs, nice work!

Old 06-18-2010, 09:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

I'm sure John will be posting up but here's the spoiler. MF'r hit 455 tonight. Well John are you still saying no to my 500 prediction? You added 25 lbs to your max in one week! Damn you are really doing well with the muscle memory ****. Now that you are back to your old max, lets see how hard it is for you to go higher. I believe you can do it, but getting back to an established max is one thing, setting a new max is another. I hope you take it easy next week on those joints and just practice with 225 for reps. Up to you bro.

Awesome lift, now get the video up so we all can see.
Old 06-20-2010, 05:08 AM
Banned

Thats some heavy as weight!!!
Old 06-22-2010, 12:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
I'm sure John will be posting up but here's the spoiler. MF'r hit 455 tonight. Well John are you still saying no to my 500 prediction? You added 25 lbs to your max in one week! Damn you are really doing well with the muscle memory ****. Now that you are back to your old max, lets see how hard it is for you to go higher. I believe you can do it, but getting back to an established max is one thing, setting a new max is another. I hope you take it easy next week on those joints and just practice with 225 for reps. Up to you bro.

Awesome lift, now get the video up so we all can see.
[youtube]5Ypgq_yRtVA[/youtube]

feels good. might have had a 460 or 465 but i didnt have my normal workout partner to spot me. This was the 1st time this person has. He did a perfect job, its just a mental thing trusting someone when your holding almost 500 lbs.

My old max was 440 clean. I did 445 with some slop, bounce and unstable.

as far as the 500 goes, maybe next year. I dont see myself putting on too much more right now. Joints are taking a beating. Im also on a cut right now, so im not taking in that 4000+ calorie a day right now.

going for 225 x 30 on friday. got legs tomorrow

**** is getting expensive. I got rid of about 14-15 shirts that dont fit anymore, and 3 pairs of pants. The waist is fine, but the damn quad is tight and uncomfortable. This is exactly what I didnt want lol.

Had some new girl at the gym tonight. Caugh her eye fuking me about 4 times. sucks though, she looked 16, maybe 17. Went up to her and asked if she wanted to cuddle. told her my name was Doug. hahahaha. im kidding.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

Well John talk about killing my accomplishments LOL. I have went back to basics and my max single has jumped 40 lbs in 10 days. I was struggling with 260 and still having issues with repping 225. Now 225 is much easier. Shoulder feels better but still gets fatigued after about 10 reps, even though the muscle says more more more, I heed the request of my shoulder. Don't want another 365 incident and have the shoulder give out again. When I say back to basics I did what my mentor Paul aka Frank Zane, btw this 56 yr old has 19 inch guns, totally natural, lung condition and still reps out one arm chin ups. Anyways Paul convinced me to stop doing my circuit style training which did make me look good, however it wasn't adding power or much size. If you want to be good at bench you bench. Thats it. So I did 135x10 225x10 300x1 then acted like nothing happend and followed it up with 3 more or was it 4 sets of 10 at 225 lbs ? Either or I was very happy with the workout. I still have it in the back of my mind that 315 would've gone up and down as easy as 300 felt. Oh well I'll do that next week !!

Congratulations John !! You are becoming a freak. I guarantee a couple slaps to the face and the following adrenaline dump would help you a ton when the time comes for the 500 attempt. Good luck, be safe, and stay injury free. Knock on wood. BTW the samples of GAKIC are hard to take, but work great. Never got muscle fatigue at all. Amazing !! Too bad I'm limited by my shoulder. Thanks again bro.

Quick Reply: Calling out Doug (allngn C5)