Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

c5 z new monster stg 3 but my mgw shifter doesent ctr up right

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 08:17 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default c5 z new monster stg 3 but my mgw shifter doesent ctr up right

i just got a monster stg 3 clutch installed and i have an MGW shifter in it also the shifter was on the car before the clutch install done today installed by a professional speed shop in houston tx and my shifter feels really rigid it does not return to center (neutral) like it used too what can it be........suggestions
Old 03-03-2010, 08:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by c5z16z
i just got a monster stg 3 clutch installed and i have an MGW shifter in it also the shifter was on the car before the clutch install done today installed by a professional speed shop in houston tx and my shifter feels really rigid it does not return to center (neutral) like it used too what can it be........suggestions
Take it back to the shop, I just had the same monster clutch stage 3 installed and it returns to center just like it did before.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:39 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by jester ls1
Take it back to the shop, I just had the same monster clutch stage 3 installed and it returns to center just like it did before.
one more problem i was trying to shift to 5th gear from 4 to 5 and it seemed as if the reverse lockout was not working but was working before i took it to the shop i could shift preety good from 4 to 5 and u feel the reverse lock out because it only travels so far, it grinded a lil bit as i felt that the reverse lock out did not activate cause there was a lot more travel ..... what can this problem be ?
Old 03-05-2010, 05:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Shifter linkage, may be off adjustment.

Take it back to shop.

But, if you were to fix it yourself,...you remoove interior center console, then you get the shifter in neutral,... then you insert the LOCK PIN, WHICH IS USED TO KEEP THE CAR IN neutral. If you don't have the stock one on your new shifter(lt's shaped like an L)///you can use a drill bit thats the exact same size... then you have two TORX screws, which I think are T40 or T45,... loosen those,.. then adjust the shifter linkage rod(the torx screws hold it in place)... then you should be good to go.

Reverse process.

As for a reverse lockout, they may have accidently plugged in the wrong connector to that port. Very possible,... but, i'd say the linkage is the root problem.

Take to shop,.. tell them to fix your ****.
Old 03-06-2010, 05:05 PM
10 Second Club

V hit the nail on the head with both your issues. The shop that did the work for you should fix these issues as it's their fault you are having them. They might have had a rookie tech work on your car who isn't familiar with these little "gotcha's" that crop up when doing a clutch job. The shifter alignment is an easy fix and I just use an allen wrench that's the size of the hole to do mine. The reverse lockout solenoid plug in might not be seated properly, it's an easy fix too if you can get the car up on a lift. Good luck and let us know how things turn out.

Jimbo
Old 03-12-2010, 08:36 AM
Launching!

now i got my issue with not ctring back up right fixed and now reverse wouldnt go in my solenoid reverse lockout went bad and they replaced it ran me about 160.00 + and now 5th gear does not want to go in but every other gear does what do u guys think that this can be i have a mgw shifter the shop thts been working on my car said tht it has to be a shifter stop adjustment but how if its going into 1 and 3 perfectly what do u guys think?...............
Old 03-12-2010, 08:47 PM
TECH Regular

sorry for a comment that's not constructive but is what I think is that your an idiot, and the guys at the shop are idiots as well. Solution- take it to a shop that knows that they are doing. again...sorry.

Last edited by vodas00ss; 03-13-2010 at 01:15 AM.
Old 03-16-2010, 11:05 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by vodas00ss
sorry for a comment that's not constructive but is what I think is that your an idiot, and the guys at the shop are idiots as well. Solution- take it to a shop that knows that they are doing. again...sorry.
Grammar > You

Quick Reply: c5 z new monster stg 3 but my mgw shifter doesent ctr up right