Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

04 c5z06 or 05 c6

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 10:44 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slammedc5
For me, its the look, a lowered c5 with a 19/20 wheel combo is the most awesome looking Corvette ever made.
"Oh, behave!"

Old 05-11-2012, 01:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Detoxx03
This thread is hilarious especially the base C6 hate. Don't get me wrong I love C5Z's but I would not take one over a LS3 C6 at all and that's a no brainer. I think people under estimate them and always want to jump from a C5Z straight to a C6Z without do their homework. I was in this position last year. I considered getting a C5Z over a LS2 C6 and that's wasn't even a close choice for me but I knew I wanted the newest car I could afford and it would be boosted so I found a hell of a deal on a LS3 vette in a great color and pulled the trigger. I drove and rode in all cars before making my decision as it took me 4 months to do so and I feel I made the right decision. I love C6Z's as well but I knew what ever car I bought would have a blower on it and the LS7 isn't something that plays well with boost. Sorry for the jumbled post but I'm in a hurry.
I wasn't trying to bash the C6 or the LS3 - I just wanted a modded car and I didn't want to pay the huge premium over the C5Z to get a nice modded LS3 C6.

Not to mention my car obviously has a few changes that set it apart from most C5Zs. It looks nicer, rides better, handles better, and is a hell of a lot faster than your average C5Z so it isn't really apples to oranges. LS3s when I was looking were demanding mid 30s and I got my car for low-mid 20s...

My Budget was 25k or less so that limited me to high mileage stock 05s or C5Zs and between those two it was a no brainer.

And I agree the LS7 is not the best engine for boost (even GM thinks so, look at the LS9).

I want a C6Z to do a H/C/I setup and make close to 600whp NA. I also love the widebody look of the C6Z over the base. That is why I want one - for going boost you might as well get an LS3.

Last edited by ThumperNC24; 05-11-2012 at 02:02 AM.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dark SS
I was on the fence between a base LS2 and a C5 Z06. I drove both with in a couple days and bought the C6. I couldn't be happier. I ran some good times with basically no mods and with a stock stall. The LS2 has made me a believer. The LS3 is better yet but I would never get any C5 over a C6.
LOL @ "but I would never get any C5 over a C6"

You must have driven a REALLY shitty C5. I know there's a couple out there, but I can tell you for a fact my C5Z rides better than most C6s and is plenty faster than most. (And it's almost completely stock.)
Old 05-23-2012, 09:42 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

C5Z all day long.... It goes like this performance wise, C6ZR1>C6Z>C5Z=C6LS3>C6LS2>C5... A C5Z will crush a C6LS2 in every aspect of Acceleration, Handling and just raw peformance... The C5Z will crush a C6LS3 non Z51 in the turns and will still slightly out perfrom the Z51 package, But in a straight line it is a drivers race for the most part until like over 150 where the larger cubes may work in the favor of the LS3....
Old 05-24-2012, 06:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by breze84
C5Z all day long.... It goes like this performance wise, C6ZR1>C6Z>C5Z=C6LS3>C6LS2>C5... A C5Z will crush a C6LS2 in every aspect of Acceleration, Handling and just raw peformance... The C5Z will crush a C6LS3 non Z51 in the turns and will still slightly out perfrom the Z51 package, But in a straight line it is a drivers race for the most part until like over 150 where the larger cubes may work in the favor of the LS3....
More-so because of the slightly better gearing. The C5Z and LS3s make about the same power to the ground and the C5Z is a little lighter. Above 100MPH, it's about HP. The extra cubes won't help as much since it's not about torque at that speed.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SCM_Crash
LOL @ "but I would never get any C5 over a C6"

You must have driven a REALLY shitty C5. I know there's a couple out there, but I can tell you for a fact my C5Z rides better than most C6s and is plenty faster than most. (And it's almost completely stock.)
It doesn't matter how shitty or nice a C5 is, it has the same 4th gen inspired interior. My buddy who's car I drove just sold his C5 Z for an LS2 C6
Old 05-24-2012, 09:16 PM
TECH Regular

My buddy who's car I drove just sold his C5 Z for an LS2 C6
Old 05-24-2012, 09:40 PM
TECH Regular

It doesn't matter how shitty or nice a C5 is, it has the same 4th gen inspired interior.
I don't think the C4 interior is anything like the C5. I guess the C6 interior was inspired by the Trailblazer. Much closer in appearance. LOL

Old 05-25-2012, 12:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Both had LS2's

Camaro or Vette?? Plastic as far as the eye can see.

Old 05-29-2012, 09:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

It doesn't matter how shitty or nice a C5 is, it has the same 4th gen inspired interior. My buddy who's car I drove just sold his C5 Z for an LS2 C6
WTF are you talking about? I came from 2 F-Bodies and have had 2 C5Zs. The interiors are nowhere remotely the same. Daily drive both and tell me then.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SCM_Crash
WTF are you talking about? I came from 2 F-Bodies and have had 2 C5Zs. The interiors are nowhere remotely the same. Daily drive both and tell me then.
+1 even though they do initially look related but the c5z's quality is alot better believe it or not.

second, i would not trade my c5z for a ls2 vette. a ls3 c6 GS on the other hand...
Old 05-30-2012, 12:53 AM
12 Second Club

Yea cause Mikey's car was tired from all those *** beatings he gave that poor car lol....
Old 05-30-2012, 05:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JHL88
+1 even though they do initially look related but the c5z's quality is alot better believe it or not.

second, i would not trade my c5z for a ls2 vette. a ls3 c6 GS on the other hand...
Agreed.

There's quite a few small details about the C5 interior that really stand out after just a day.

First off, the controls on the doors don't remind you of those giant buttons in old beat to **** building elevators. The C5 controls are soft and well lit. There's auto-window controls for both windows. Activating any of the controls takes less effort and simply feels better.

Secondly, the gauges are 10x better. They're brighter and configured as if they're placed in their location on purpose. Not just because their was room for them. The heads up display is an added bonus.

Third, the memory system is COMPLETE! Even though the F-bodies didn't get a memory system, if they did it would have just been for the seats. The Corvette's memory system controls the seat position, mirrors, radio presets and volume and A/C preferences. Each key fob automatically sets which memory ID to use so you don't have to hit the memory number button.

Fourth, easy-in/out system. VERY nice. Believe me.

Automatic air conditioning. <-- No brainer

And except for the radio, all the controls on everything from the A/C to the "driver information center" feel nicer. No hard plastic *****.

If you look at the interior on the C5 and look at the interior on the Camaro (as you pictured above), you see that the C5's interior actually flows together. Look at the way the passenger is surrounded by curves and the dash isn't just "there". Then look at the Camaro and notice how they just put a center stack and a passenger air bag where they could without using more material. Very minimum interior.

If you HONESTLY believe that the C5's interior was "inspired by the f-body interior" then you need to daily drive a C5 to understand the differences.
Old 05-30-2012, 06:43 AM
Captain Double Post

If your a serious buyer you should have no issues testing a c6, now if your between 16 to 23 and show up with 2 homeboys you will have an issue,but a sales guy will tag along,and you might have to be pre approved, this is what me and a friend had to go through when he got his
Old 05-30-2012, 08:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

SCM, can I get you some hemroid cream for the butthurt? I don't like the C5, so I bought a C6. No body is forcing you to sell your car. I'm offering a perspective from the minority in this thread, C6 owners. The interior is plasticy and low rent compared to the C6, that was happens when the next generation of car comes out.
Old 05-30-2012, 05:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

LOL!

I'm just going to say that sounds like denial to me. The interior on the C6 is hardly different from the C5. I've been in both. The C6 has nicer seats and that's about where it ends. The layout is nearly identical and the materials (unless you have the 4lt leather package) is nearly the same too. Calling the C5's interior low rent because the C6's interior is "so much better" is like saying that Cheerios are so much better than Ralph's Oat Circles.

I'm not sure who you're trying to convince. Me or yourself. I've been in both cars. I know the differences.
Old 05-30-2012, 11:09 PM
12 Second Club

SCM, can I get you some hemroid cream for the butthurt? I don't like the C5, so I bought a C6. No body is forcing you to sell your car. I'm offering a perspective from the minority in this thread, C6 owners. The interior is plasticy and low rent compared to the C6, that was happens when the next generation of car comes out.

Dan weren't you looking for a C5Z before you took the C6 from your sis lol... You big silly teddy bear you....
Old 05-31-2012, 08:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

I was, I wanted a black C5Z just like you big sexy.

I drove Mikey's Z and in the next couple days drove the C6 as a comparison and I went with the C6. Even though it was a little more money I liked the whole feel of the car better. The Z was modded and obviously faster but I liked the feel and interior of the C6 much better. I didn't just buy a C6 and then decided I don't like C5's. That's still not the case, I just like the C6 much more.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:10 PM
12 Second Club

Fare enough...
Old 06-01-2012, 08:06 PM
On The Tree

You know the C6 uses more plastic in its interior than the C5. The C6 has more exposed plastic in every part of the car. It has almost all plastic door panels vs the C5's full leather wrapped panels, and has more plastic showing on the dash then the C5. The C6 has a little nicer but still shitty factory seats, and a bit nicer steering wheel. If either is plasticy, it is the C6.

I got rid of my stock seats for A4's, wheel for a MOMO, and shifter for a MGW in my C5. Now I have a almost full leather, nice, and comfy interior. My roomate got the C6, which has a nice feel, but it has more of a newer space age feel, with its shape and "materials" used. By "materials I mean plastic carbon fibers and such. Although, the C6 does have its effed up electronic door handles, and windows that seal a bit better.

If I were going C6, it would have to be 08+ for the LS3 and TR6060.

Quick Reply: 04 c5z06 or 05 c6