Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

c6 tsp headers off road 3'' x pipe

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2014, 08:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default c6 tsp headers off road 3'' x pipe

hey guys like the tittle says i just bought tsp stainless 1 7/8 headers with there 3'' x pipe. any one have videos of there straight pipe vette?

looking for the best bang for the buck mods. id like to make the car full bolt on's for now its an 06 ls2 a6

what are the prices and what to expect out of these?

ported tb?

porting intake worth it? or fast 90/90

ud pulley

tuning really wakes things up in these?

what em i missing
Old 11-21-2014, 03:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

No one?
Old 11-26-2014, 04:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

97 views and no input ???
Old 12-07-2014, 08:15 PM
Staging Lane

Thumbs up

I just bought these too for my ls3 c6 today,i can make a video once is installed,i race mine at homestead 1/8 mile lol,just noticed your local,hopefully we can race them soon.
Old 12-21-2014, 10:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

GET your tb ported and get a fast intake manifold to go with your headers, next step should be traction tires, then heads and cam followed by a 3,300 stall converter if auto transmission.

If you still want more get a 4.11 diff gear I know it sounds radical but so is two extra car lengths ahead.

I'm local as well and tune cars for living don't hesitate to give me a pm, I just picked up a 2011 grand sport myself by the way started the bolt on already lol, David L.
Old 12-22-2014, 09:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jocko
I just bought these too for my ls3 c6 today,i can make a video once is installed,i race mine at homestead 1/8 mile lol,just noticed your local,hopefully we can race them soon.
i have heard too many bad things about homestead. no drag radials and the trip about a'lot and also no side by side racing...

Originally Posted by CAMSTER
GET your tb ported and get a fast intake manifold to go with your headers, next step should be traction tires, then heads and cam followed by a 3,300 stall converter if auto transmission.

If you still want more get a 4.11 diff gear I know it sounds radical but so is two extra car lengths ahead.

I'm local as well and tune cars for living don't hesitate to give me a pm, I just picked up a 2011 grand sport myself by the way started the bolt on already lol, David L.
just got it tuned sat night. i have tuned all my cars with one person but thanks for the offer. no rear gears for me i like how it feels on the high way. i don't want to lose that on this thing.

i might look for ported tb and ls2 intake that fast is just too much for me..

next is tires and i have have the cam and springs here but not ready for it yet maybe by mid feb
Old 12-23-2014, 12:44 AM
Staging Lane

I always race other cars there so yeah they have side by side racing,have you gotten your midpipe/ axle back mufflers to seal or do you have exhaust leaks?
Old 01-16-2015, 06:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I always race other cars there so yeah they have side by side racing,have you gotten your midpipe/ axle back mufflers to seal or do you have exhaust leaks?
these things sound like that! i have tried but i don't feel any escapes. im going to get back under it to re tighten they say to re tighten after 500 miles. i think the stainless headers on theses thing make them sound that way. my car has the 3' x pip and stock x back with dyno max mufflers.
Old 01-16-2015, 06:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

228 r cam and nos plate kit coming soon all parts are there just need seals..
Old 01-16-2015, 06:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

tires is my problem now! im looking in to some proxes or mickeys. stall im looking at the circle d 3200. no gear for me i love this thing on the high way it feels loaded all the time.
Old 01-18-2015, 12:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

The converter is the one thing that will sure wake up that car.

I just got in to a 2011 grand sport and the first thing I went to work on was to find the trans gear ratios of each gear and the diff gears, my car have one of the best tranie gear ratio in corvettes, but in order to be a front dog you must have three things rite, first is traction second a good torq converter and the rite diff gears, then even with 430 whp you be hard to beat.

It doesn't take a lot of power but it takes know how.

In my car as an example the diff gears will be 3.42 up from factory 2.73.

Next the converter, here I spend the money and get the multi disc for the following reason, though I'm N-A I like the converter to do two very important tasks besides stall one is it must drive crisp on the street as in no noticeable slippage and when I step on it it must go to 5,300 rpms and jam hard, that's one then I must be able to lock it up at about 100 mph @ wide open throttle this trick is so important, that's why I get the multi disc.

Here's why, I was ones racing a zo6 vette and we were door to door when my converter locked up I drove away from him like with a shot of adrenalin, my son next to me who is a tuner (by the way) said the converter won the race I quickly agree it was so obvious, it affords a great top end get away bonus I won't miss out off.

Just a quick word about diff gears my car have double overdrive so even with my desired diff gear upgrade I still be better then adequate, I don't mind going 2,500 rpm at 80 mph and having all that extra advantage to enjoy.

So to some up all these long write up, with the rite diff gears the rite stall and traction to go with a set of headers= speed that puts one in the fun circle. Just a lil food for thought.

So why all these? cause you asked and I don't mind telling how I sneak up on so many so often I'm known for.

Power alone doesn't cut it the multiplier is a real player.
Old 01-19-2015, 06:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

[QUOTE=CAMSTER;18622895]The converter is the one thing that will sure wake up that car.

thanks man for the details. yea man i know, the best mod on these and like the fbodys are the stall converter.its just that i work on the floor don't have a lift so i have to wait on my boy for a lift. i was looking at the circle d 3200 i don't want to go to high on the stall. but sure do know it wakes things up! on my ta i cut a full second adding the stall ss yank 3600. and for the gears if i ever do swap them. i like to go with a 342 355 something mid 3's...
Old 01-19-2015, 07:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

May I ask who tune your car I'm in Miami area myself as well by the way...
Old 01-20-2015, 06:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

[QUOTE=CAMSTER;18625569]May I ask who tune your car I'm in Miami area myself as well by the way..

My boy kalvin he has tuned all of my cars good friend best tuner if u ask me. thanks for the offer man i appreciate it but iv had good results..

we just finished my bros 98 zss ls2 heads cam pistons rods balance. were on the processes of tuning now but has weird vibration that's holding use back . cars rich so its not a lean pop or vibration. leanest it reads it around 12.5 13.0 wot is at 10.1 super fat
Old 01-20-2015, 07:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Did you all check to make sure all cylinder head valves were properly sealing before head installed, if not run a compression test let me know if I can help, drop by say hello some time 305457 3066 getting my 345 nto5 r nittos this week so next is stall converter.

Working on putting together my buddies g8 ls3 messed up a rod bearing.
Old 01-21-2015, 06:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

found the problem ! exhaust vibration ... we disconnected the trans nothing front pulley and nothing we where thinking the worst unbalanced motor... slid the jack under the header and and that was it.

and now some dyno time !
Old 01-21-2015, 08:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Soooo jack under the headers, glad was easy fix, how do you like tsp headers do they fit well, been thinking that obx...
Old 01-21-2015, 09:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Soooo jack under the headers, glad was easy fix, how do you like tsp headers do they fit well, been thinking that obx...
yea man i like em. they were good fit no issues just leaks i cant seem to find a way to get rid of all the leaks completely.
Old 01-25-2015, 09:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

I order a P-A-S 3,400 stall converter from Yank now I need a good working order C6 ZO6 diff with 3.42 gears if you know some one pls let me know I'm ready to buy a local will be perfect.
Old 01-26-2015, 06:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i seen a ton on ebay don't know any locals .... sorry miami fbodies on face book has alot of local lsx people in it should start one on vettes

Quick Reply: c6 tsp headers off road 3'' x pipe