Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

C8 is here

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2019, 01:21 PM
6600 rpm clutch dump of death Administrator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default C8 is here

Chevrolet has taken the wraps off the C8. The base model car is a "home-run" in my opinion. With a starting price of $60K its an affordable platform. I am also excited to see what the upgraded versions (Z06, ZR1, ZL1) look like.

2020 Corvette Media Page
https://media.chevrolet.com/nextgenCorvette

Photos
https://media.chevrolet.com/media/us...-stingray.html

https://media.gm.com/dld/content/dam...ingray-055.jpg
Old 07-20-2019, 11:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

looks like a cheap Ferrari knock off but the potential performance is intriguing base model at 495hp with the DCT now that's awesome
Old 07-29-2019, 04:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

another rendering, and I have not seen anyone actually owning one or what price they paid for it, Also I'm highly suspect of when one will actually be delivered, BECAUSE there is NO 83 corvette BECAUSE the had to completely rebuild the production line, I find it hard to believe they can just go from a front engine line and just convert over to a mid engine line in what? a few weeks?
Old 07-29-2019, 04:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by cmysix
another rendering, and I have not seen anyone actually owning one or what price they paid for it, Also I'm highly suspect of when one will actually be delivered, BECAUSE there is NO 83 corvette BECAUSE the had to completely rebuild the production line, I find it hard to believe they can just go from a front engine line and just convert over to a mid engine line in what? a few weeks?
Lol you know they already revealed it right. Also this isn't 1983 so redoing a production line is a bit easier. It's not a rumor or a leak it's real and happening,
Old 07-31-2019, 09:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

You still didn't show me a sales receipt or someone driving theirs around and what 1983 was the dark ages? It easier today to completely redesign a production line? Please tell that too someone one else, I'm a millwright by trade. I get to come in and make the **** work when the engineers can't
Old 07-31-2019, 01:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by cmysix
1. I'm guessing you aren't in the auto industry, I happen to be. It's possible to retool a plant completely in 30 days or less. There are teams of people to coordinate the change and it is planned out step by step. There are also fewer changes since most cars are built out of modular sections.

2. It takes about 12-16 weeks to retool, place orders, and produce the first cars. That would put the first deliveries near the end of 2019 or early in 2020.

3. Guessing you're not planning on buying one. Stop trolling people that are.
Old 07-31-2019, 01:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Do you seriously think they just considered this mid-engine idea a "couple weeks ago"?
Old 07-31-2019, 01:55 PM
8 Second Club

Received 945 Likes on 701 Posts

No manual option, even harder tuning then the ZR1, GM added another timing chain... so far doesn't look too appealing to me. Plus the *** end is hideous, looks like big foot stepped on a Camaro.