C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

hello

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 05:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hello

hi,
i just got my vette a month ago. it's an 04 red/black, 6spd, z51 car. i got the hud, 12 disc, memory, and transparent roof.

i'm wanting to do exhasut cause the car is so quiet. i'm trying to decide on headers. i know lg's make good power, along with flp, and kooks. i was cruising through the gp forum and saw speed inc. is having a sale. they have flp's and jet hot. am i going to notice a significant difference with lg's/kook's/flps/ compared to jet hots with a corsa x? just trying to decide if i should shell out the extra money for the complete system or piece it together and save a little cash.

already done the zip tie mod and lowered it as soon as i got it home
Attached Thumbnails hello-pic_small.jpg   hello-pic2_small.jpg  
Old 09-20-2004, 05:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey NICE CAR!!!

I think the header wars are overrated. Really if you have the extra money, which if your like me a Vette owner on an F-body budget its hard to justify 1600-1900. They may edge out the rest but its not like its 20rwhp difference or anything! The Jethots look like copies of the TPIS which performed pretty good. I'm waiting to see how the Jethots dyno only one I've heard and he got great results. But I'd like to hear more and also more on the installation.

Bottom line if you have the money and want the best go with the LG's. IF the jethots turn out comparable to the TPIS header for $300 less, I'll go with those and take the money saved from not buying the LG's towards a cam kit. So when its all said and done I maybe 423rwhp 394rwtq instead of 433rwhp 404rwtq. (considering my LS6 heads)

But most of my experience is based on F-bodies... Hell I'm thinking of just installing the cam kit now and doing the headers later, the exaust manifolds are not the huge restrictions on a C-5 that they are on an F-body....

Congrats on the car!
Old 09-20-2004, 06:03 PM
Teching In

Thanks. It's my first vette and LS1 car. My other car is an 89 iroc 350/T56 in the process of getting a new motor.

I had heard the jet hots were copies too. I'm just wanting to know if the extra money is worth it. The quality of construction of the lg's/kooks/flp's tell me they are worth the extra money. Just not sure.
Old 09-20-2004, 06:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I had Kooks on my WS6 and for an F-body just for installation ease they were wonderful. They are VERY well made.

But Jethots are decent headers for F-bodies too, the difference in power is not going to be huge, so it just comes down to budget and goals. IF ALL you were going to do was headers and bolt ons I'd spend the extra money and go with the LG's. If your going to go internal yeah the LG's would be nice but I you can get more HP/$ with other setups.
Old 09-20-2004, 06:19 PM
Teching In

I'll be doing primarily bolt on's for now. Still trying to decide on cat back too. Not sure if I want to get an aftermarket or just go with zo6 Ti's. I'll get full exhaust on it along with air intake and maybe LS6 intake before the spring then leave it alone until I think I need more power at the track. Mostly be using it at road courses but it will see the strip every once in awhile.