Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Drag racers what tach with shiftlight

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2004 | 07:21 AM
7 Second Club

Default Drag racers what tach with shiftlight

I want to install a tach with shiftlight in my Z06.Any suggestions or what are other people using.Cost isn't a issue but I really don't want to damage my new vette by screwing a tach to the dash.Are there any other ways to mount a tach without damage.I'm going to start spraying the car and a accurate tach is critical to my engines life.
TIA
Old 10-04-2004 | 07:54 AM
TECH Addict

I would just go w/ a shift light and an rpm controll moduel for the n2o in the vette, I got a 5"silver autometer w/ shiftlight tach from my camaro but I think a big tach in a c5 would look stupid and screw up any surface you mounted it to, if you could find a smaller one w/ a replay option and shiftlight that might come in handy and maybe make a harness so it can be disconnected while not at the track, just a thought
Old 10-04-2004 | 08:03 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Roofer Dave
I want to install a tach with shiftlight in my Z06.Any suggestions or what are other people using.Cost isn't a issue but I really don't want to damage my new vette by screwing a tach to the dash.Are there any other ways to mount a tach without damage.I'm going to start spraying the car and a accurate tach is critical to my engines life.
TIA

I'm running an autometer, screwed in to the dual gauge pod. Theres a pic of the setup on a quick webpage I threw up... links in my sig.

Mike
Old 10-04-2004 | 08:04 AM
7 Second Club

Good idea.I wonder if Velcro could be used to secure a tach.I want to avoid the ricer look.
Old 10-04-2004 | 09:25 AM
12 Second Club

I have a Raptor shift light price was 83.00 delivered. I made all connections by the steering column and mounting is via two-sided tape half way up the A-pillar. The two sided tape needs replaced about ever two months and I have not noticed any negative effects on the plastic surface.
Old 10-04-2004 | 02:58 PM
6600 rpm clutch dump of death Administrator

We have a 5", and the mounting bracket is mounted behind the factory radio bezel surround. The mount is basically an L bracket that comes out between the dash and the top of the radio bezel. The flat platform comes out and you can mount a tach, etc... to it.

If you removed it later, you'd never know it had ever been there.

Quick Reply: Drag racers what tach with shiftlight