Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

LG Motorsports G7 Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2002, 06:49 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LG Motorsports G7 Corvette

This last week I had the opportunity to go to Dallas Tx. for a job interview. Since I was in the area, I figured that I could drop by a few of the tuner shops in the area before I had to go home. Unfortunately my license had expired so I couldn't get a rental car and had to take a cab everywhere. I had emailed Lou the day before and told him I would like to stop by. He said that would be great.
Well it turns out that I didn't get out of my interview until about 3:30 and I was supposed to leave at 7:00. LGM is about 12 miles or so from where I interviewed so I figured I could make it on time. Well the cabbie doesn't show up for about 35-40 minutes and I figured there was no way to get to LGM and back to the airport in time to make the flight. Plus the cabbie was trying to make a route through Oklahoma to get to LGM, I called Lou to tell him that I wouldn't be able to make it due to time constraints. Well, turns out Lou told the cabbie how to get there the right way, saved me about $30 in unnecesary cab fares, and even offered to take me to the airport!

I got to LGM and Lou talked to me like we were old buddies, even though before that day we had never met. The shop is awesome. Got a tour of the shop, saw JWschmitts car there, saw some others in progress. Lou showed me the LGM longtubes and let me tell you they are top of the line quality. Everyone at the shop was very friendly and I even got to meet Lou's wife.

Well it comes time to get headed to the airport, so I figured we would be taking a family car or something to Dallas love airfield. NOPE, we walk out and jump in Lou's G7 Corvette. He fires that thing up and GOOD GOD, it sounded nice. We got on the freeway and let me tell you this thing screams. We were taking freeway onramps at speeds I didn't think were possible in a street legal car. The G7 is an INCREDIBLE machine.

Lou has corrupted me thats for sure, for those that haven't ridden in a stroker car, I highly recommend it. Lou and his shop are also very professional and will definitely have some business from me at some point in the future. I don't know of too many businesses that would go as far out of their way for someone who hasn't even spent a dime in their shop. For anyone looking for a LS1 shop in the Dallas area, talk to LGM. I think you will be as impressed with their shop as I was. Oh, and thanks again for the ride in your Vette Lou!
Old 03-03-2002, 07:55 PM
On The Tree

Default Re: LG Motorsports G7 Corvette

I've never meet Lou, but i've heard nothing but GREAT stuff from people who know him and dealt with him. If i hadn't already done the MTI H/C and TPIS long tubes, i would've gone with his setup instead. I'm not bashing MTI....they do great work, it's just that Lou seems to go far beyond the norm to please his customers, plus he does great work.
Old 03-04-2002, 01:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you see a Pewter Camaro SS thats getting a 6-point and other stuff? She's at LG right now getting the royal treatment.
Great vendor/shop experience so far.

\chris
Old 03-04-2002, 04:00 PM
Staging Lane

I have never met Lou either but would lile to some day. I bet the G7 ride was awsome. Your are so lucky man. What speeds did he go up too?

Jay

Quick Reply: LG Motorsports G7 Corvette