Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Yank's 4L80-E for the c-5 /c-6 is ready

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 02:39 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Again, your kit hits the floor pan in the upper tunnel between the seats as it is placed 1" above the bellhousing torque tube mating surface
We are talking about two diff. areas of non fitment, so as you cannot change your product to fit, we had to make one that will work in this area.
Please feel free to purchase one for your inspection.

for your info our new torque tube kit will stop the need for this type of brace use in the c-5 /c6 1997 to 2005 a-4 m-6 cars with a unique rotatable design that stops twist at the trans /diff area

call for more info on this torque tube or brace kit 775 826 9955
Old 04-28-2006, 03:08 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have no interest in "purchasing" anything you have Mike...that's for sure, as you've cost DTE enough money already.... Additionally, if you refuse to simply post a photo of "your" differential brace for us to see to verify that is is not designed like our product is, than your silence is your admittance to copying our product with your name put on it, otherwise, you would be quick to protect yourself.

Nice touch as usual and quite frankly, we expected that of you.........

Have a nice day....
Old 04-28-2006, 03:54 PM
FormerVendor

This thread is about our 4l80-e C5 /C6 conversion kit,
Note:
no brace kit of any kind is included in the package so there is no need to show items that we are not selling here!
our new Torque tube design will not need one to perform correctly
Sorry to all for having to read about a non included product for the 4l80-e kit
Old 04-28-2006, 09:21 PM
Staging Lane

OK, fine- understood...

Than send us a private photo of this "brace" you have created from a "clean sheet of paper", since images of it are no where to be found on the internet that we've seen or have been directed to....if you have one.

Good luck with your product, we'll leave you to your thread now and we *hope* that you send us pictures of this mysterious "special brace" you've created of your own design.......we're not holding our breath though.
Old 04-28-2006, 10:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Dynotech Engineering
We have no interest in "purchasing" anything you have Mike...that's for sure, as you've cost DTE enough money already.... Additionally, if you refuse to simply post a photo of "your" differential brace for us to see to verify that is is not designed like our product is, than your silence is your admittance to copying our product with your name put on it, otherwise, you would be quick to protect yourself.

Nice touch as usual and quite frankly, we expected that of you.........

Have a nice day....
Stop hi-jacking other people's threads. I sense the jealousy. That was the MOST UNPROFESSIONAL display I have ever seen in my life from a company.

Your kit does not fit and you did not design it to fit the structure of the C5 as it is in the real world. You come off acting like it would take rocket science to design a structural brace and insinuate that no one else in the world could ever create such a thing. Yank has had tons of real world experience over a variety of vehicle platforms.

No one wants to purchase a design that hasn't been proofed and installed by the same person. If you took advise from someone else that makes me doubt how much of the work was orginally yours.
Old 04-28-2006, 11:12 PM
Staging Lane

Old 04-29-2006, 10:49 AM
TECH Veteran

I am the one laughing. You can't even afford sponsorship.

Maybe if you had it you could show pictures of your product but nope.
Old 04-30-2006, 06:31 AM
Staging Lane

Photos of anything we have or offer are either on our website or have been openly posted on other internet boards- and have been for the better portion of the last 3 1/2 years.

Nice try...

Have a nice day, good luck to Yank and try to relax to enjoy life, you'll live longer.

Last edited by Dynotech Engineering; 04-30-2006 at 06:36 AM.
Old 04-30-2006, 11:44 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Dynotech, we are going to have to ask you to refrain from discussing your products on the site as a non-sponsor. Also, we generally only allow sponsors to have their business name as their username here. Please contact me if you would like to become a sponsor, otherwise we will have to change your username.

Thanks,
Tony
Old 04-30-2006, 07:32 PM
Staging Lane

No problem Tony, we just didn't want another company to pirate our product designs and blatently label them as their own "clean sheet of paper" design either... We'll be in contact with you about sponsorship. BTW to the other "Yank cheerleader" here that claimed otherwise- we can indeed afford it...

Take care Tony and we'll be in touch soon.

DTE
Old 04-30-2006, 10:45 PM
TECH Veteran

That guy is a dick and if he replies with "Nice try again" it proves that he thinks he is always right even if someone else has something important to say.

Last edited by 2002_Z28_Six_Speed; 05-01-2006 at 04:01 PM.
Old 05-01-2006, 07:03 AM
Staging Lane

Nice try once again....
Old 05-01-2006, 01:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'd buy ANYTHING DTE has to offer. They built me a rear and when I received it, it had a mfg flaw. Something that DTE could not have caused or even thought to check. I called Phil and he was going to build me a completley brand new rear and send it out the next day. I told him no worries as I had already fixed the problem. He said he'd have a rear waiting for me if I changed my mind. This was all going on what I said to him, no pics asked for. That's customer service. Can't blame him for getting on here trying to protect his rep or products. I'd do the same. DTE is well respected in the Vette world.
Old 05-07-2006, 01:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2002_Z28_Six_Speed
That guy is a dick
Please do everyone a favor and shut your pie hole. Are you considering a 4L80 swap in your C5? If not then get lost. Some of us would like to keep this thread on topic.

Mark
Old 05-08-2006, 11:37 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by STEALTH TURBO C5
Interesting , has this been tested in a high horsepower C5 yet ? I know Paul Major and Alan from ECS personally and both cars had to have the t-400 kits gone through and rebuilt before they held big power , I've gone 9.33 on a 4L60E so far , a 4L80E should be good for eights all day long if it's built right .
Yank , Can you please answer my question . Has this been track tested , as well as hard street driving behind a 750+ rwhp/Tq C5 ?
Old 05-08-2006, 01:29 PM
FormerVendor

Yank , Can you please answer my question . Has this been track tested , as well as hard street driving behind a 750+ rwhp/Tq C5 ?

The 4l80-e is a proven unit
The c-5/c-6 differential and the transaxle design unit is proven
the torque tube is a working setup as is the u-joint driveshaft
This is the same as the TH400 unit we have running and the only thing is the overdrive unit and a control system for shifting
the 4l80-e is a much stronger case design than the TH400 and has better structure.
as to this kit all testing has been done but it is not been street tested for long term abuse
That is why we have a warrenty on this transmission/converter for street use for 2 years and up to 4 years (optional cost)
Old 05-08-2006, 04:09 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Yank
The 4l80-e is a proven unit
The c-5/c-6 differential and the transaxle design unit is proven
the torque tube is a working setup as is the u-joint driveshaft
This is the same as the TH400 unit we have running and the only thing is the overdrive unit and a control system for shifting
the 4l80-e is a much stronger case design than the TH400 and has better structure.
as to this kit all testing has been done but it is not been street tested for long term abuse
That is why we have a warrenty on this transmission/converter for street use for 2 years and up to 4 years (optional cost)
I'm not trying to be a dick , but that's an evasive answer , the only two C5's I know of , Paul Major and Alan Eckert ( and I know them both personally ) needed to sink a lot more money and time into there T-400 conversions to get them to work , and I'm sure your familiar with Greg Kordis , he bought a T-400 conversion from you that Lingenfelter is installing right now , he told me what he went through so far , and it's not what I want to hear .

Again , What type of real world testing has been done ? Behind how much horsepower ? How about some pics of the entire tunnel to show how much room is left for the exhaust .
Old 05-09-2006, 11:12 AM
FormerVendor

I'm not trying to be a dick , but that's an evasive answer , the only two C5's I know of , Paul Major and Alan Eckert ( and I know them both personally ) needed to sink a lot more money and time into there T-400 conversions to get them to work , and I'm sure your familiar with Greg Kordis , he bought a T-400 conversion from you that Lingenfelter is installing right now , he told me what he went through so far , and it's not what I want to hear .

Again , What type of real world testing has been done ? Behind how much horsepower ? How about some pics of the entire tunnel to show how much room is left for the exhaust .

You can ask ?'s, that is why we are here.
I said in my post that (It has not been tested for long term abuse)

Greg Korkis's kit was shipped to LPE Jan. 5th his car is still sitting as they just started on it, no fault of mine, and they have not called about anything other that request photos of install, it is moving along as I called them this morning. as they are setting the car up to go both ways TH400 and The 4l80-e, so they held up progress for this setups specs. (You can call him on that)

The stock type exhaust will clear, as will close to stock pipes.

Mike Leake'e Z06 conversion has Large pipes, It is up at MC Racing
he has some photo's of that area. (if you need them)

Most past of issues are from not enough clearance and the twisting of the torque tube hitting and binding on the body under power, and this happend before we started using our two piece torque tube, as the chassis flex was at fault in this area of the first kits as big power would wind up the total powertrain, (our new design will not let this happen)
We have units that have been running overseas and have a road race car in Japan with a TH400 kit.
Yes, other kits our out in the field, you can call me for shop names.

The horsepower is limited to your rear Differential and chassis setup.
What have you spent in that area, and how much power are they able to control, that is the weak link not the kit!
This 4l80-e transmission can handle as much power as you want to spend on it, but in base trim as supplied, it is the GM powertrain offroad build package that can and will handle 1000 range
Thank's for your ?
Old 05-12-2006, 12:12 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Yank
You can ask ?'s, that is why we are here.
I said in my post that (It has not been tested for long term abuse)

Greg Korkis's kit was shipped to LPE Jan. 5th his car is still sitting as they just started on it, no fault of mine, and they have not called about anything other that request photos of install, it is moving along as I called them this morning. as they are setting the car up to go both ways TH400 and The 4l80-e, so they held up progress for this setups specs. (You can call him on that)

The stock type exhaust will clear, as will close to stock pipes.

Mike Leake'e Z06 conversion has Large pipes, It is up at MC Racing
he has some photo's of that area. (if you need them)

Most past of issues are from not enough clearance and the twisting of the torque tube hitting and binding on the body under power, and this happend before we started using our two piece torque tube, as the chassis flex was at fault in this area of the first kits as big power would wind up the total powertrain, (our new design will not let this happen)
We have units that have been running overseas and have a road race car in Japan with a TH400 kit.
Yes, other kits our out in the field, you can call me for shop names.

The horsepower is limited to your rear Differential and chassis setup.
What have you spent in that area, and how much power are they able to control, that is the weak link not the kit!
This 4l80-e transmission can handle as much power as you want to spend on it, but in base trim as supplied, it is the GM powertrain offroad build package that can and will handle 1000 range
Thank's for your ?
Mike , Thanks for returning my call today and answering my questions . Talk to you soon .
Old 05-12-2006, 10:30 AM
TECH Resident

Well I just talked to mike and the price for this is about $10,500. I could not believe it when I heard that . I think Ill pass and stick with my 6 speed. I could never pay that much for a tranny but thats my opinion and if you got the money and want the best than be my guest.

Quick Reply: Yank's 4L80-E for the c-5 /c-6 is ready