Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Worst part of Corvette ownership?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 01:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my worst part

My worst part of owning a vette is the targa top leaking just a little bit around the windows.
Old 06-21-2006, 01:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

I dont like spinning at 70-75 mph punches.
Old 06-22-2006, 11:09 AM
12 Second Club

I dont like having to remove the whole rear end for a clutch swap. The rest is sweet.
Old 06-22-2006, 02:18 PM
Staging Lane

No back seats, and the corvette tax. The rest is very positive.

I dig the wave. I enjoy the comradery/friendliness shared among vette owners. I'm in a corvette club with over 200 members. They are the nicest people I have ever met. So what if they don't all drive their vette to dragstrip every other weekend. The 15-20 of us that do enjoy it, and the remainder at least have the good taste and sense to buy the best American-made sports car.
Old 06-22-2006, 04:17 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Boshaft
No back seats, and the corvette tax. The rest is very positive.

I dig the wave. I enjoy the comradery/friendliness shared among vette owners. I'm in a corvette club with over 200 members. They are the nicest people I have ever met. So what if they don't all drive their vette to dragstrip every other weekend. The 15-20 of us that do enjoy it, and the remainder at least have the good taste and sense to buy the best American-made sports car.
I dunno. This is contrary to a couple of individuals in this thread who think that most Corvette owners are full of themselves and that all Vette owners are ********. Are you sure you have your data accurate?

Worst part of Corvette ownership: dealing with jealousy, envy and stereotyping.
Old 06-23-2006, 10:44 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by CySevans
I dunno. This is contrary to a couple of individuals in this thread who think that most Corvette owners are full of themselves and that all Vette owners are ********. Are you sure you have your data accurate?

Worst part of Corvette ownership: dealing with jealousy, envy and stereotyping.
All in all, your going to find jerks that drive any type of car out there. Driving a car associated with money/status/power will certainly draw a degree of judgment from others.

Yes, I disagree with some of the other posters on this thread stating that the majority of vette owners are dorks. Obviously that hasn't been my experience.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only thing I dislike so far is people assuming you're rich. Or in my case, that it's my boyfriend's car.
Old 06-23-2006, 01:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

One of the cars I was looking at buying was being sold, because the guys girlfriend didn't like it and said it was an "old man's car" lol. He's going back to a cobra. hahaha

Hell i'm 25, and Millinium Yellow suits me just fine!
Old 06-23-2006, 01:13 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,160 Likes on 754 Posts

-The fact that this car hooks worse from a dig than I expected
-No 6 disc changer
Old 06-23-2006, 02:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
-The fact that this car hooks worse from a dig than I expected
-No 6 disc changer
no kidding, my buddies lightning with bolt ons beat me yesterday but at 60mph, i was passing him in a hurry.
Old 06-23-2006, 03:07 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by keliente
The only thing I dislike so far is people assuming you're rich. Or in my case, that it's my boyfriend's car.
You've only had it for a day or two, and you're already running into this?

Welcome to the club.
Old 06-23-2006, 11:22 PM
On The Tree

Don't own a Corvette (GTO here) but one thing that would annoy me a little about owning a C6 would be it's commonality. No disgrace to you guys, personally, if I had the money, I would be all over it .... but I see more C6's around my area than I see Mustangs! (and no, that is not an exaggeration, it's actually true). Every time I go out it seems I see at least 1 or 2, even on short 10min trips. Then again, same can be said for new M5's and 6-series' .... I swear to God, came back from school and it seemed like people had all grown money trees or something....

Other than that, I would think unwanted attention from other cars and of course, the police. I have yet to get that in the Goat (probably cuz they think it's a Grand Prix ) except one idiot in a rusted out .... Hell, don't even know what it is....a Talon maybe??
Old 06-24-2006, 02:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 9ball
Don't own a Corvette (GTO here) but one thing that would annoy me a little about owning a C6 would be it's commonality. No disgrace to you guys, personally, if I had the money, I would be all over it .... but I see more C6's around my area than I see Mustangs! (and no, that is not an exaggeration, it's actually true). Every time I go out it seems I see at least 1 or 2, even on short 10min trips. Then again, same can be said for new M5's and 6-series' .... I swear to God, came back from school and it seemed like people had all grown money trees or something....

Other than that, I would think unwanted attention from other cars and of course, the police. I have yet to get that in the Goat (probably cuz they think it's a Grand Prix ) except one idiot in a rusted out .... Hell, don't even know what it is....a Talon maybe??

Rusted out Talon???

I thought those thing were made out of recycled aluminum cans and couldn't rust. Either that or recycled plastic bottles. You know the whole $.05 cent deposit thing, that's what they use as a trade-in.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I grew up around Corvette's all my life, my dad started our Corvette shop out of the basment of our house, so I'm kind of biased toward Corvette people.
But owners are kind of predictible throughout the years.

C1 owners typically are cooler old dudes, there is NO vette that will get more attention and people saying "hey nice car" than an old strait axle Vette. I've driven a few and they are a pain in the butt to drive but you just can't beat that 50's style.

C2 owners depend on the condition of the car and small vs big blocks, most restored big block guys use the car as an investment which is a shame, the cooler people are the small block people who actaully drive them. I've ripped around in some 66 and 67 427's and in my opinion it is exactly what a Corvete should be; Great styling, fast, a little loud (with side pipes) and fun as hell to drive. It's too bad you need $100k to get your hands on one.

C3 owners typically don't have quite as much invested and are do-it- yourselfers. We have a lot of C3 people in out Corvette club and they are all around good people. For some reason women like the shape of the "sharks".

C4 owners can vary, some of the people that used to own C3's are now getting into C4's and are do-it-yourselfers also, avaiability of aftermarket C4 parts is a joke compaired to C5's. Although passing a Z06 at Road America is great in my lowly old 96 there are not many C4's that you see at the track so people are suprised on how fast they can be. There are some waxers in the C4 crowd, but I think the ones that are realistic know that now days 300 hp ain't crap.

C5 owners, (have you been waiting for this?) I think there are more waxers here than any other generation, no offence to each there own, but come one these babies can fly with some good mod's on them. I think the coolest/most interesting people I've met in my life own C5's that they beat the crap out of at the track. The C5 has the ability to be as cool as the 66 and 67 427's with some headers and no run-craps. You might not have quite as much style but they will never be as fast either. All in all the C5 is a great car, and if you haven't been to a road course with it, your missing out IMO. These cars were made to carve corners AND straights.

C6 owners I can't really make a good case for since I haven't met that many of them, but I figure there will be similar to the C5 crowd, except for maybe the new Z, that may get some Porsche, and Ferrari owners into "Vettland" buy it or get beat by it.

So what do I dislike about Corvettes,
1. People who stereotype us!

Otherwise I love my vette and the people I meet with it!
Old 06-27-2006, 06:50 PM
TECH Resident

Great write-up LT-4Play !

I guess I'm what you guys would call a "waxer." I beat the crap out of my LS1 TA, and I had nothing but headaches with that car. I even shot the gears out of my rear differential costing me thousands in a rear end swap. Tires, clutches, speeding tickets, etc. all are very costly. When I got my Z06 I told myself I was going to baby it. I try to keep it as clean, and problem free as possible. I enjoy the hell out of driving it and know that it has some serious power (feels every bit as fast as when I was spraying a 75 shot on my LS1 TA), but I really don't want another headache car.

Quick Reply: Worst part of Corvette ownership?