Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Got just a few goodies in... Waiting to instal.

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 04:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got just a few goodies in... Waiting to instal.

Well I went to LS1 speed inc and picked up my Raptor XXL intake and man this thing is HUGE! lol I know its gonna suck alot of air in! Im still waiting for a c/f power duct i order from west coast corvettes and the hood seal. Also I will throw in one of those optima batterys. My friends got one and says they are real nice. Would Anyone know a rough estimate on what the car would make with the Air intake setup? I havn't dyno'd it yet and dont plan till after headers.... I hear that Raptor does make alot of power. Im excited to install this, it will be the first mod.

I also wanted some opinions if I could get some. Now there is alot of contriversey goin around in my work. A buddy of mine has a 91 Fox body mustang. Its got Head/Cam, some 4.11 gears, bolt ons and a set of street drags. He just put the heads in and claims it gave about 70 HP. I want to run him with my stock 03 Z06, before i do my air intake. What do you guys think, should I put it on, or should I not need it? I got alot of people saying these Z06's will walk those cars. Its got alot of power adders but has NOTHING done to the suspension and it does pop the front wheels. All in all it will be a fun race and we are making a bass *** "PINKS" video to go along with it tell me what u think and what I shall do! thanks buddys!!
Old 09-01-2006, 05:22 PM
On The Tree

I would put that intake on. If that Stang comes out as hard as you say it does your gonna have some catching up to do! His car should definately be in the 12's if he can drive...sounds like he can.

The air intake will probably get you about 10rwhp as with most aftermarket intakes.
Old 09-01-2006, 08:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

oh yea it can hit 12's he will be trying to break 11's. He is a decent driver, proly better than me. but good gawd this Z06 climbs like a ****
Old 09-02-2006, 08:28 PM
Teching In

i say put the intake on too. let us know how it does after you get the headers and tune, thatll make a good difference too.
Old 09-02-2006, 08:45 PM
9 Second Club

Those 4-11`s make all the difference in world when it comes to drag racing. If he didn`t have the big rear I think you could get him with headers only.