Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

what other sites

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 02:13 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what other sites

what other good sites are there for ls1/ls2 vettes?
Old 09-05-2006, 02:30 PM
Launching!

CorvetteForum.com and digitalcorvettes.com is all I know...sure there are others.
Old 09-05-2006, 02:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BigRon77
CorvetteForum.com

^ Pretty much the best Vette only forum out there.
Old 09-05-2006, 03:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The Corvetteforum is the biggest and best.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:25 PM
TECH Regular

thanks guys i am trying to do my homework for my vette ownership
Old 09-05-2006, 09:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Location: Somewhere Between Mild Insanity and Complete Psychosis

Corvetteforum.com is the biggest and has the most information, HOWEVER, z06vette.com has more ACCURATE information, on the average. Too many morons running loose on corvetteforum.

For example the know-it-alls on corvetteforum recently informed me that coated mild-steel tubing headers are superior to stainless steel. Apparently LG, KOOKS, American Rcaing etc. don't know **** and really need to pick the brains of the 50+ crowd on corvetteforum.

That being said I frequent corvetteforum most often. But when you have a technical question, post it on z06vette.com too. The FI section on corvetteforum is great however. In fact, the forced induction section on corvette forum is probably my favorite spot on the web. Just avoid that darn tech section.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:47 PM
Launching!

With very few exceptions, I'll second Will's comments. You really have to know the guys spouting off tech stuff on CF...you can get some really bad info (which happens on all the forums), but it can be really bad on CF.
Old 09-05-2006, 10:04 PM
Launching!

CorvetteForum all the way. About the false info, when on there enough you'll come to find out quick who the experts are and who's full of BS.
Old 09-06-2006, 12:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BigRon77
With very few exceptions, I'll second Will's comments. You really have to know the guys spouting off tech stuff on CF...you can get some really bad info (which happens on all the forums), but it can be really bad on CF.
x3. Z06vette.com gets kinda boring though, its a little bit slower. CF usually has about 250-300 people just VIEWING the General and Tech forums.
Old 09-06-2006, 12:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by will82
Corvetteforum.com is the biggest and has the most information, HOWEVER, z06vette.com has more ACCURATE information, on the average. Too many morons running loose on corvetteforum.

For example the know-it-alls on corvetteforum recently informed me that coated mild-steel tubing headers are superior to stainless steel. Apparently LG, KOOKS, American Rcaing etc. don't know **** and really need to pick the brains of the 50+ crowd on corvetteforum.

That being said I frequent corvetteforum most often. But when you have a technical question, post it on z06vette.com too. The FI section on corvetteforum is great however. In fact, the forced induction section on corvette forum is probably my favorite spot on the web. Just avoid that darn tech section.
Oh man maybe I should ditch my stainless LT's..................hell no. I go on the corvette forum often. I stay in the local north east section mainly. Good bunch of guys that are always having get togethers. And yes try not to step in the ****!
Old 09-06-2006, 11:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

One thing about corvetteforum that is starting to REALLY **** me off. DO NOT, i repeat DO NOT!!!! post about going even ONE ******* MILE PER HOUR over the speed limit, cause they'll lock your thread!

Old 09-07-2006, 10:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Location: Somewhere Between Mild Insanity and Complete Psychosis

Just re-read my post, shame on me for neglecting to mention that the BEST site of all is still LS1tech.com. Mostly F-Bod, but engine is the same with the exception of throttle body(cable vs. electronic)

Basically, I read on this site and corvetteforum every day. As mentioned above, z06vette is very small and can be very boring. But that was the site that introduced me to forums and I have hundreds of posts there and only went there for my first 2 years on the net, and they never did me wrong. Great people, they are a close knit group and the regulars know their stuff. Like I said, forced induction on corvetteforum is great, but there are too many fools roaming the tech section, so if you have a non-FI technical question, better to ask here and maybe z06vette as a back-up.

The best way to illustrate what I'm saying is as follows:

LS1tech - someone makes a stupid/wrong technical observation, an endless # of people who actually know their stuff step up and politely correct them(usually)

Corvetteforum tech section - someone makes a correct/factual observation, an endless # of morons berate them mercilessly/rudely (usually)

Things I've learned on Corvetteforum:
- mild steel is better than stainless
- vararam actually does defy physics and create a ram-air effect
- better to change gears for performance and leave that converter
thing alone
-prochargers are worthless garbage
-sts rear mount turbos are unproven, stupid, worthless garbage
-thou shalt not reveal negative experiences with the holy vendors is one
of the ten commandments, violaters will be tarred and feathered
-Zaino is the greatest mod ever
-driving a corvette in the rain is forbidden, your car will surely melt
Old 09-08-2006, 08:04 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

I visit Corvetteforum almost daily. There are some good guys over there, but you guys are correct about several of them not knowing **** and acting like they do know stuff. I've even had members there tell me I ruined my C6 because I modified it, and others that get mad when someone "tampers with perfection". Stock Corvette preachers are annoying. There are several guys with heavily modded C5/C6 Vettes there, but hardly any of them did the work themselves. That makes the technical discussion a little light.
Old 09-08-2006, 08:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've found CorvetteForum to be the largest and fastest, and absolute best place for something Vette specific, but if I want good tech, I come here.

The things I've noticed about CF:

If you post anything about speeding or a street race, your post will get locked.

A LOT of people over there are very conservative when it comes to doing things like mods, ect. (I.E. unless you're a race car don't do an electric wp or something).

There's way too much bickering.
Old 09-08-2006, 12:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah the CF has a lot of guys who only polish and do not mod. Nothing wrong with that if thats what you like but thats not me. I go there for conversation and come here for tech. Although I have been coming here a lot more for conversation and tech nowadays.
Old 09-08-2006, 01:57 PM
Teching In

I joined up here first so this will always be the best for me. I went to CF and only found a few posts that caught my eye. I think the best one was some guys from SoCal are doing a run to the local Veterans home on Veterans day.
But for the best help and answers to all my dumb *** questions, this forum works the best for me.
Old 09-08-2006, 06:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by will82
Corvetteforum.com is the biggest and has the most information, HOWEVER, z06vette.com has more ACCURATE information, on the average. Too many morons running loose on corvetteforum..
Yeah I agree 100%. Z06Vette.com is better for tech or.. the place is here LS1tech for tech.

I do agree that CF is the biggest, but theres alot of douchebags and tools over there. There are some that know, but too many "know it alls" who really dont know ****. lots of

Plus the worst part about CF, is you can't call BS on anyone there or speak your mind about something. The BIG **** happy moderators will delete or edit your thread when a douchebag complains. They like to do that... especially the "famous people over there"

I used to post a bunch there, but not as much now... It's good for a lot of things though, so I wont really bash it completely.

Originally Posted by Fastbird93
...The things I've noticed about CF:
If you post anything about speeding or a street race, your post will get locked....
Yup, thats the truth.

And another thing, a stock C5 isn't fast dammit.. Way too many people there that think so. "It's a stock A4 Coupe with 2.73's... OMG it's fast"...loll...
Old 09-10-2006, 07:39 AM
Launching!

I enjoy LS1 tech for the variety. Gotta weed out the crap on any forum.
Digital Corvettes is useless ...
Old 09-10-2006, 08:06 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...04+Corvette+C5

Our link to some items we offer for the Corvette. Bob
Old 09-11-2006, 02:59 PM
MJD
12 Second Club

crossedflags.com