Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

TSP Headers and X-pipe

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 09:55 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TSP Headers and X-pipe

Just got my TSP headers and 3" x-pipe...does anyone have this setup...how hard is it to install...what does it sound like.
Old 11-20-2006, 07:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

I am going to get started installing mine tonight after work, I will post up and let you know how it goes
Old 11-20-2006, 10:15 AM
Staging Lane

thanks
Old 11-21-2006, 07:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

I finished installing them last night but was not too happy with the fit/finish of them.

-The tabs for bolting them up down by the collectors were no where near where they needed to be so I am going to have to fab up a bracket for them.

-The headers themselves sit at different heights under the car so the x-pipe/catback/exhaust tips were not straight so that was a bitch to get lined up.

-The o2 sensors would not go in because they were at the wrong angle and hitting the tunnel plate so I had to completely unbolt them, put the o2's in and then tighten them up and the only way I could get them all the way up was to put a jack under the tunnel plate and bend it up to make room for the o2's.

Basically the install was a complete pain in the *** and there was a lot of profanity being thrown around while I was installing them but after I got all of the details taken care of I am happy with them. They make GREAT power and sound BAD ***.
Old 11-21-2006, 08:51 PM
MJD
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Bad Habit Bird
I finished installing them last night but was not too happy with the fit/finish of them.

-The tabs for bolting them up down by the collectors were no where near where they needed to be so I am going to have to fab up a bracket for them.
I have heard others say it helps if you flip this bracket.
Old 11-22-2006, 10:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

All of the holes line up across, but the tabs are about an inch or so away from the bracket. It will be an easy bracket to make though, just a long thin plate with 4 holes going down it and i will line up the center two holes with the bracket and the outer holes to the tabs on the headers.
Old 11-22-2006, 01:33 PM
Staging Lane

Here's what they look like on a C5 with the connection pipes and stock h-pipe set up. Not exactly what you're looking for but it'll give you an idea
The shop said the fitment wasn't the best and they do sit at slightly different height. My tips are out of alignment but I haven't had the time to put the car up and try to align them yet...too busy

Old 11-22-2006, 09:15 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by MJD
I have heard others say it helps if you flip this bracket.
Mine didn't line up either, but I threw that bracket away a long time ago. The O2 sensor location is just a pain, but you've got long primaries....give and take.
Old 11-23-2006, 11:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

well the headers look really good from under the car. i havent seen enough results to be convinced to put these on my 403 as a cheap header option. its already making too much power to hook up on the street with cast manifolds. anyone got pics of the 3" X-pipe??? id like to see that. i dont really want to drop $1300-$1500 on headers, but i want a little more power to break that 500rwhp mark.
Old 11-23-2006, 12:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

I do think these are a great "cheap" option for C5 headers. Yes, fitment does suck but there is no doubt about it they made a HUGE difference in power on my car even connecting them to the 2.5" aftermarket x-pipe I have. I have not even had a chance to tune the car yet either

Quick Reply: TSP Headers and X-pipe