Old 02-25-2007, 02:05 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

stock zo6 would win by about 4 cars at the top of 4th
Old 02-26-2007, 12:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by scramblerman
There is only one way to find out DocT. Go and buy a c5 Z06 and then go race her. lol
Or go the other way and get handed an empty can of wupass every time you encounter another Z06 (or slightly modified C5.. or any C6.. GTOs.. etc)
Old 02-26-2007, 08:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by scramblerman
There is only one way to find out DocT. Go and buy a c5 Z06 and then go race her. lol
Had the Z06 in the sig. (that's why I doubted the claims of the saleen s/c being able to overcome the C5Z) Loved her, then dumped her... Looking to replace her with another C5Z, OR, I've also been letting the C6's grow on me. Sooo, who know's, I'll either have another C5Z06, or maybe a new C6 w/Z51 package. I hear the Z51 package makes handling and performance very similar to the C5Z's.

Believe me scramblerman, I'd love to have one RIGHT NOW, but I like biding my time and finding the best deal. My patience pi$$es me off sometimes!

RT

Old 02-26-2007, 09:39 PM
11 Second Club

They don't run 11's stock

so I highly doubt one will beat a C5 Z06.

unless the Z spun the whole time
Old 02-26-2007, 09:47 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I personally think everyone here is a little biased to the Corvette, which isnt a bad thing until you start distributing wrong info. I personally wouldnt get on a Mustang forum and ask who thinks a Mustang is better than a Vette because you are going to get an obvisously biased answer. I personally dont care to share my opinion on the subject. Howerver, I can tell you I have owned a Cobra and now have a Vette... but it wasnt because the Cobra was slower by any means.
Old 02-26-2007, 09:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DocT
Had the Z06 in the sig. (that's why I doubted the claims of the saleen s/c being able to overcome the C5Z) Loved her, then dumped her... Looking to replace her with another C5Z, OR, I've also been letting the C6's grow on me. Sooo, who know's, I'll either have another C5Z06, or maybe a new C6 w/Z51 package. I hear the Z51 package makes handling and performance very similar to the C5Z's.

Believe me scramblerman, I'd love to have one RIGHT NOW, but I like biding my time and finding the best deal. My patience pi$$es me off sometimes!

RT

I sometimes have no patience. Although when it came to me to buy a vette all the pieces fell into the right spot.

Don't worry we all have gotten rid of cars/trucks that we should of kept. I hated the c6's when they came out, but they really have grown on me. I didn't have enough mopney to get a new vette, but wanted the race car feel of the Z06's and not all that extra stuff that comes with it.

So good luck with your patience! You will get one. I would say drive a C6 Z51 and make you decision off of that.
Old 02-27-2007, 05:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

Location: Johnsonville, SC; but orginally from GAINESVILLE, FL

Funny, I just did some research on this, because a guy bought a SALEEN SC Vert (previous body style). I was asked, it my car could beat him, I didn't hesitate on the reply...Yes. His is a very heavy vert with ample power, but weight hurts.

So, I went looking at new SALEEN numbers, because I noticed later that day that a brand new one is floating around base here.

SALEEN N/A - 335 BHP
SALEEN SC - 435 BHP
SALEEN E - 535 BHP

I am not being bias, but everytime I see someone talk to me about running blown cars, like these SALEENs and COBRAs I just smile, because everyone has to compare the car to mine. Mine is not the most powerful and fastest car, but is sort of a compliment. But, I am not running a blower and if I was it wouldn't even be a conversation.

As far as I am concerned, hp doesn't always equal fastest, because if traction is an issue, you are screwed either way.

Where are you, I need a snack, I could always stop by and run the SALEEN for you. j/k, just being silly.

Good luck with your debate, I have found when you have to diehard car lovers, things rarely come to an end on these debates.

Micah
Old 02-27-2007, 10:23 AM
TECH Regular

I'm not biased. I just totalled my 650 rwhp Mustang. In stock trim a Z will take a Saleen. Start modding and all bets are off. The stock blower aint all that great but pulley it down and tune it to a bunch of power. But like I said modding is modding and it becomes hard to make any real judgement.

I'll give you guys a little Ford hint though. The stock bottom ends will only take 400rwhp. Unless its a Cobra or a car with a built motor you won't have a problem. So, start looking for ARP head bolts, stuff like that to see what you are up against. Mine looked completely stock from the outside and really hurt some feelings.

However I digress, this was about the Saleen vrs. the Z. Z wins.
Old 02-27-2007, 04:06 PM
Staging Lane

Before I bought my C6, I was looking at a few other cars, including the Saleen SC. At the time I had a modified 03 Cobra (480rwhp) and before that, a h/c/i supercharged 95 Mustang GTS. I got to drive the managers Saleen (couldn't drive floor models) and though I didn't really get on it a whole lot (one freeway onramp burst), it felt like my 03 Cobra stock. Now I've got about 70 passes at the track in my C6 (mostly 1/8th mile) and have yet to see a supercharged Saleen. I've raced 3 different stock C5Z's and judging from some posted internet times and (warning: bench racing/magazine racing here ) some magazine times, I don't think the new supercharged Saleen is as quick as the new C6, all else being equal. My experience with well driven stock C5Z's are they are quicker than a C6 as well. Thus, finally, leaving me with the impression that a C5Z would beat the newer supercharged Saleen (non E model) all else being equal.

Here's a decent article between a shootout of a stock C6 Z51 and the 415hp Roush. The car is at least similar in power to the supercharged Saleen.

http://www.musclemustangfastfords.co...oush_shootout/

Last edited by bunk22; 02-27-2007 at 06:59 PM.
Old 02-27-2007, 04:27 PM
10 Second Club

I recently had a silver (older '99 MY body style) try to race me on the street and take off burning off his already bald rear tires. Shoot I only caught up to him because I thought it might be an rare '99 S351... He is probably out there right now bragging about beating a C5Z... LOL!

Quick Reply: C5Z06 Vs. Saleen sc?