Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

C5 gearheads help me decide 10 sec N/A LS2 stroker for Z06 or stock/LS6 F/I 10 sec Z

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007 | 11:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by santiago
i read somewhere you decided not to pull the trigger on this set up due to comp(12:1) bein a lil too high. dont give up!

well here's wut i did, might take a lil bit but who cares.

i took off all my mods
bolt ons
heads
cam
injectors
timing chain
pushrods
valvesprings
etc

and i sold it
i took all that money and put it in the bank and used it towards my new motor,fuel system,headers.
i already had the fast. now im jus waitin on the motor so I can put it in. here's a pic of the guy who's helpin me do everything(the one thats bein carried)

Your right, I am holding off on the motor I have found and was going to swap for my set-up and could of lived with the static compression of 12:1 to 1 but the dyanamic compression of 9:1 to 1, was just too much for a street motor and i need a motor that has high compression but not on the ragged edge that I can run HARD with good peace of mind on 93 octane. I am dissapointed that this motors compression was too high for my peace of mind otherwise it was a done deal and we were going to swap my motor and blower kit for the 550rwhp LS2 stroker.

Checking out a few other options on a 427 build but most likely staying pat with my set-up another season and maybe next year a 482 LSX motor making 11:75 copmresion with dyananic compression of 8:6 to 1 (making 600 rwhp on motor)!

Last edited by Chicago Crew UnderBoss; 04-02-2007 at 11:32 PM.

Quick Reply: C5 gearheads help me decide 10 sec N/A LS2 stroker for Z06 or stock/LS6 F/I 10 sec Z