Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7
View Poll Results: would you buy a diesel corvette?
YES
29.17%
NO
70.83%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Diesel Corvette?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 10:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well i think its a fake but heres a diesel corvette

http://www.1320video.com/TTDieselVette.php
Old 07-07-2007, 10:56 AM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Autoblog....4.5 Turbo diesel 310/520

General Motors has just announced a new 4.5L V8 Duramax turbo-diesel powerplant it plans to use in the Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra half-ton pickups, as well as the HUMMER H2. The new oil burner is expected to produce at least 310 horsepower and 520 ft-lbs. of torque.

It features dual-overhead cams, four valves per cylinder, a variable-vane turbocharger and aluminum cylinder heads with integrated manifolding that helps keep the overall package small enough to fit in the same space as the automaker's small-block gas V8s.
Old 07-08-2007, 03:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Honestly man, I've been seeing a lot of cars being made with an all electric engine. One of them that I saw, can't remember who the maker was (not a major player) had one racing a newer sports car, and the electric car put a a$$whippin on the gas vehicle. Diesels do have huge potential, and Mr. Banks has proven that time and time again, but I think we'd see an electric vette before we'd see a diesel; but who knows what's up the general's sleeve for the future of corvettes. It's certainly hard to imagine it with anything other than a kick a$$ gasoline engine...but like I said, who knows what's in store.

Would I buy a diesel vette? If the general put their stamp of approval on it, and it had tons of gogo, then yep. Do I think it'll happen? Nope.

Very interesting thread though! And definitely makes you think outside the box a little doesn't it?

RT
Old 10-01-2007, 02:00 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by vetred
So,...... not REALY,.... "on top", of currant events??? 350 hp.??? what planet do you boys live on??? OK OK, lets revue,.... The fastest sports car in the world ,...PER,.. the AMERICAN LE MANS series, (THE ABSOLUTE best racing seires out there!)....the "R-10" diesel,... that's spelled- D-I-E-S-E-L- oh ya try,....350 cubic inches,......800 horsepower and,....... Waite for it,.... no not yet,....TRY 900 FT. LBS. OF TORQUE!!!!!!! and for all you "posers" its torque that wins races NOT horse power!!! HELL YES,.. I would buy a Mid engine,...all wheel drive 800h.p.... C-8 -V-8,....Diesel!!!,.............and probably run the damn thing on last nights french Fri grease!!!
this guy is right hell yeah i would buy a diesel vette especially twin turbo the torque u could get just from a tune would be near if not over 1000 ft lbs
Old 10-02-2007, 08:14 AM
On The Tree

We have a guy that Open Road Races his Duramax P/U running 55lbs of boost. He is working his way up through the class's. In Sept he was in the 125 average class and averaged 129+ for 83 miles of desert highway. At this point he has not even lowered it yet, it is still at stock height. His plan is to someday make a 200mph pass at Bonniville. He says his next project will be a diesel Corvette.
Jeffy
Old 10-02-2007, 09:27 AM
On The Tree

Please don't turn this forum into the dumb crap that I see on other forum's. If you want a diesel, go out and buy a truck, If you like the way a mustang sounds, then go out and buy one. If you don't know if you should buy a vette, who cares. Join thew girl scouts. Don't turn this forum into a lonly hearts club for people who don't have anything better to do. And as far as should I drive my vette in the rain. Why don't you break out your radio flyer red wagon and go play on the free way especially during rush hour.
Old 10-02-2007, 01:20 PM
12 Second Club

i would buy one only if you didnt have to shift at 4500rpms like most diesel trucks.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

yes it is deff fake if it was a diesel you would have seen some BLACK smoke in there with the white tire smoke but no it was all white tire smoke and how the hell are you going to get a 4-5000 lb motor and transmission to fit in a corvette? the damn motor sitting on the ground is taller than the stock hood height.

Quick Reply: Diesel Corvette?