Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Stock 03z06 fuel pump limits?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 10:00 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Stock 03z06 fuel pump limits?

I just did a h/c/i swap in my z06. Made 470. Now im throwing the kit on the car.

What are the limits of the fuel pump on an 03 z06? What are my options for better pumps?

Dave
Old 06-29-2007, 02:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Not sure what the exact limits are, but you are probably close. I would go with Racetronix fuel system. All in on package, great product!

470 on motor is nothing to shrug about. How does the car feel on just the motor?
Old 06-29-2007, 03:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Depending on your goals for the car you may be able to go with a racetronix pump, bigger injectors, and a boost a pump.

If you plan on adding alot of power keep reading...

Ive done alot of research on this because I have an 03 with the single return system. (there is no return fuel line back to the tank. everything is inside the tank fp fpr filter..etc) Ive came to the conclusion that its best to leave everything inside the fuel factory fuel tank alone, run a bigger feed line, add a return line, and integrate the factory line with second pump.
The reason im doing this is because the electronics involved with the pump on a single return system is too complicated to figure out(at least more then I want to spend time on) Corvettes have two different tanks (one on the passengers side and the main one on the drivers side). If you are at 50% fuel then the drivers side tank is full and the passengers is empty but this is not the case if you are at 75% fuel. Since there is two tanks of course there is two fuel pumps. One pumps the fuel to the front of the car and to the second tank and the second one just pumps it to the first tank (drivers side)

you can read more about it here
http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/....php?qstId=589
Old 06-29-2007, 03:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

also to find if you have a single return fuel system look for "FFS" RPO code located in the glove box
Old 06-29-2007, 04:11 PM
Teching In

damn and people at the corner say im made of money...thats cool though you learned the gm way coming from the ford side....lol
Old 06-29-2007, 10:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well Dave I have a stock fuel system in my 2000 FRC with SVO 30 #'rs and she made 490 rwhp 445 rwtq. I don't know why 525 rwhp rings a bell but that is what I think the STOCK fuel system is good for on my car. Add 42 lb injectors though.
Old 06-30-2007, 07:24 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by setxws6
Not sure what the exact limits are, but you are probably close. I would go with Racetronix fuel system. All in on package, great product!

470 on motor is nothing to shrug about. How does the car feel on just the motor?
Gary is working on my car (Gary who use to work at next level performance/norris motorsports). He said I should be fine, but it is best to dyno the car and see. I have a boost a pump already and wonder if I can run that on the stock pump.

The car feels great on motor. I think im getting the knock sensor issue worked out so i can go from 21* of timing to 28 and probaly see a few more ponies and alot more mid range torque.

I want to do the kit to run some supras this weeken. I think it should be fun with all that gobs of torque. I just put the textralia exo-skel clutch in the car so I should be fine on the transmission (me thinks!).

Originally Posted by z06aaron
damn and people at the corner say im made of money...thats cool though you learned the gm way coming from the ford side....lol
I do not have a lot of money. I just know how to spend the money i do have :sad:

You forget im going to put the cobra back in the shop for a twin turbo set up. Just waiting on curtis's car to be finished with the clutch set up. Im already looking for a piston/rod set up for the vette as well as I am going to build a bottom end for the car since I know its going to blow up on the jug. I am not converting from the ford to gm side. I am just pretending im sweeden and staying nuetral.
Old 06-30-2007, 07:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Dave, I think you mean Switzerland don't ya ??

Anyways glad to hear you are getting your timing issues worked out with new Sensors. I hope you like the difference with the extra timing. Your motor should wake up a bit. Keep us updated, your car must feel like a monster. Be safe !!
Old 06-30-2007, 11:13 AM
Teching In

ya, i meant swizt. lol

Edit, forgot i was on my buddy's computer and posting from it,

50_Dave

Quick Reply: Stock 03z06 fuel pump limits?