Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

ABS & TRACTION Lights

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 06:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS & TRACTION Lights

Ok I know there is another thread about this but mine is different!

My ABS and Traction light came on with a message saying "service abs/ active handling system". But while it came on the car was operating and driving just fine with out any problems. Took it to the dealership and they checked everything out and said the system was fine and they couldnt Pull any codes at all

So what can it be guys? a sensor or something small like that??

EDIT: JUST DID A SEARCH AND DAMN! I DIDNT REALIZE THIS HAS HAPPENED TO SO MANY PEOPLE SO YEAH JUST GOT A BUNCH OF DIFFERENT ANSWERS SO IM GOOD LOL. SOMEONE DELETE THIS THREAD PLEASE

Last edited by BAD-GTO; 08-06-2007 at 06:36 AM.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:46 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Could just be a freak thing... I'd check your break fluid level... Sounds like you probably have fluid, just maybe not enough??? If you had braked hard or the fluid moved just under the sensor that could cause this...

ABS/TCS are brake related.

Can i ask how much you paid the stealership to scan your car?????

Maybe you alread know this... But our cars have a feature built into it that allows you to pull codes on your own with no special equipment or tools for FREE!!!

For more information let me know... Otherwise i'll assume you know how to use the DIC.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:44 PM
Launching!

mine is doing the same thing and i cant erase the code with a techII or otherwise so i am assuming i have a major issue like the abs control module which is like $750bux. all i know is i dont have abs or trac control right now but i didnt 15 years ago either so i guess i will keep driving it
Old 08-06-2007, 01:06 PM
Launching!

have you checked your fluid level?
Old 08-06-2007, 01:18 PM
On The Tree

i got the same thing...only i dont feel any difference in drivability...and im not taking the car around nurburgring so im not too worried about it.
Old 08-06-2007, 03:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by MagiC5
Could just be a freak thing... I'd check your break fluid level... Sounds like you probably have fluid, just maybe not enough??? If you had braked hard or the fluid moved just under the sensor that could cause this...

ABS/TCS are brake related.

Can i ask how much you paid the stealership to scan your car?????

Maybe you alread know this... But our cars have a feature built into it that allows you to pull codes on your own with no special equipment or tools for FREE!!!

For more information let me know... Otherwise i'll assume you know how to use the DIC.
the dealership didnt charge me one dime because i just bought the car and it still has their warranty But how in the heck do I check for codes on my own??!!! I did not know these cars had that feature! Please do tell.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:27 PM
Launching!

https://ls1tech.com/forums/corvette-performance/762697-c5-dic-codes-how-display-them-what-they-mean.html

Don't worry your not alone... I made a thread for it.

BTW. I can't take credit for the work... I had a word doc someone sent me awhile back.. I did spend the 10mins formatting it to fit the forum.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

hey thanks for that link! very helpfull stuff
Old 08-07-2007, 08:17 AM
Launching!

no problem.. here to help

Quick Reply: ABS & TRACTION Lights