C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

C5 vs SS camaro

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 05:35 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MagiC5
GTO's ARE SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

My 253hp LT1(previous f-body) that ran 14.1 was overlapping the rear bumper of a LS2 goat...

I wouldn't even use the GTO as a comparsion...

are you asking us if your going to win or loose so your next question is what you need to give you the biggest advantage???

honestly anyone that has raced on the streets enough knows the streets bring alot of variables. You have two cars that are set up completly differently.. One should be making more power ( the ss) but the other has shape, weight, and suspension as advantages. you have an A4 whcih will eliminate any error on your end where he can miss a shift. But if he misses a shift you will hear the bitching.. hey i missed a shift lets do it again :roll: So the race that will be the determining factor will be the one where he doesn't miss any shifts and doesn't completly blow off his tires... Assuming both work to his advantage it will be a close race.

The cheapest advantage i can think of for you would be to buy a vararam intake. (just bought mine for $280 shipped) or at the very least find out (go out and test) and see if your tires respond better to lower psi... If you can get some better traction and pull him outta the hole you should be able to at the very least hold him off for the whole 1/4. Make sure you know where the 1/4 is because he will probably be pulling on ya.

ALso cleaning your maf wouldn't be a bad thing to do before the race
"I wouldn't even use the GTO as a comparsion..." Haha you're funny.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:52 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Vette will win by 3 from a dig. I've done that race 20 times befor. The 6 speed will bog off the line or spin the tires..... and the A4 vette will cruise out.

Quick Reply: C5 vs SS camaro