Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

LG Motorsports: Allngn_c5 traps 123.6 mph in the 1/4

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 11:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LG Motorsports: Allngn_c5 traps 123.6 mph in the 1/4

I hope this qualifies as Corvette Performance.

The reason for the posting is that so many people have PM'd me with doubts about how much power my car "REALLY" makes because I am not in the low 11's for the 1/4 (can't cut a sub 2.1 60). (Driver error, not LG's fault) All installs were done by LG Motorsports and tuning done on their Dyno Jet using SAE Correction Factor. As the title says I trapped pretty good. However I don't have a line lock and have a very difficult time heating the rear tires properly. Yesterday I cut 2.1's-2.5's all morning even with Nitto DRs. Track was only slick if you didn't heat your tires properly. At any rate I also had one run that was going great and yielded a 96.9 1/8 but for some reason I went to hit 4th and it went in and as I let out the clutch she came out of gear. Had I not missed 4th I think I could've gotten a 124.xx trap. With all that being said I plan on installing a line lock and getting back to Milan in the spring to see what kind of hole shot I can get with some properly heated tires. BTW my et was 12.02 on the 123.6 mph pass. Another point to be made is that my car is setup for the street, not the strip and has no problem going 200 mph. Its just the damn 60 ft time that is holding me back. Got Line Lock ?
Old 09-16-2007, 11:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

A line lock is a couple hour install. Not a big project at all.

Your car is making good power. You really can't compare your times with cars that run with a CCW drag pack at sea level.
Old 09-16-2007, 01:19 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That' a fast DD...and more to come I'm sure!!!

CONGRAT
Christian
Old 09-16-2007, 02:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thanks guys.

I guarantee that after I get the line lock in place and go back I will be 11's deep 11's. If I don't hit 11's I don't know what I'll do. Give up ? Hell no, try again ? Hell yeah !! LOL Well MDHMI what do you think about giving me a hand ?? I'll provide the steaks and the Corona you give me and my boy a hand installing the line lock. I'll be on the phone to Bobby at LG Motorsports first thing on Monday and see how much I can get one for.

Any suggestions on what one to ask about ?? Easiest to install is what I want.
Old 09-16-2007, 02:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Never had a line lock in any of my cars and never had a problem doing a burnout. What exactly is the issue? Not condeming you bro, just wondering.
Old 09-16-2007, 03:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
Any suggestions on what one to ask about ?? Easiest to install is what I want.
I have a Hurst, but that requires a bit more work for the installer. I'd help you with yours, but I had mine professionally installed - so I really have no idea how to install it. I just hit the little red switch when I want to lock up the tires.

Cartek makes a line lock kit that has everything you need already pre bent / measured / etc. That would probably be the best way to go.

Mark
Old 09-16-2007, 04:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by mdhmi
I have a Hurst, but that requires a bit more work for the installer. I'd help you with yours, but I had mine professionally installed - so I really have no idea how to install it. I just hit the little red switch when I want to lock up the tires.

Cartek makes a line lock kit that has everything you need already pre bent / measured / etc. That would probably be the best way to go.

Mark

Thanks Mark for the suggestion. However you know I get everything through LG Motorsports. I won't get as good of a price from Cartek as I will from LG. I will however look into the kit that cartek makes. Appreciate the help.

As far as doing a burnout, I can spin the tires but I can't get my foot on the brake to keep from going fwd. I wonder if inexperience and size 12 DDD feet have anything to do with it? I kept trying and trying on the street and it seemed that I was doing more damage then anything to my clutch/driveline. Also didn't feel like getting a round of applause for stalling her in the burnout box. I am sure once I get the line lock my issue will be solved. I am not a very good 1/4 mile driver, you want to go from a roll hit high triple digits then look out, that's my game.

I am only at the track to help promote the great job that LG Motorsports did and show how much power their H/C combos make. So far my trap speed has verified it and I am working on getting my et down to further cement what a great job LGM did on my car. Well worth it to go to Texas. The best customer service you can get and service after sale is amazing. Can't beat southern hospitality.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Dude, just REV the car,...ND dump THE CLUTCH,...SLAM ON THE BRAKES. Thats it G money. If you wanna practice, go out to a parking lot in the RAIN....with little or no cars in it,...and practice.

Once you do it your gonna be like, dammit man, thats easy.

Nice MPH doug,...peace out dawg.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

if you want to get into the deep 11's you MUST ditch the Nittos and get a set of M/t et street radials!!! Nittos are not going to stick as well as those are especailly at that much hp dumping the clutch at 5k. Definitely get a line lock, it will help you out big time. Took me about 15 minutes to install it in my vette, got it from Cartek. Bolts right in place of the stock line, cake job to install.

Hope you get in the low 11's, let us know the results next time.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by scramblerman
Definitely get a line lock, it will help you out big time. Took me about 15 minutes to install it in my vette, got it from Cartek. Bolts right in place of the stock line, cake job to install.

Hope you get in the low 11's, let us know the results next time.

I am glad to hear you say its an easy install and you did yours in 15 mins. I am going to have to PM you my number so we can talk and you can help me and my buddy John with the install. I don't have any idea how to do it, but if there are good instructions like the ones that came with the HURST shifter I won't have any problems.
Old 09-16-2007, 08:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
At any rate I also had one run that was going great and yielded a 96.9 1/8 but for some reason I went to hit 4th and it went in and as I let out the clutch she came out of gear. Had I not missed 4th I think I could've gotten a 124.xx trap.

Hah, I thought I was the only idiot that missed fourth gear! j/k with ya'!
Anyway, I'm hoping for the best for you 'cause I'm trying to put mine in the 11's and you're putting down a bit more than I do on the spray. That launch is definitely not easy! Keep trying and let us know how you do!

99 FRC
Old 09-17-2007, 02:51 AM
TECH Regular

Nice trap speed Im sure with a good launch and perfect shifting you'll be hitting mid 11's. The linelock should help you (and does make the burn out easier) but if you didnt want to spend the money V-Series is right just practice.
Old 09-17-2007, 07:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

I hear ya bro, but my big *** feet are a little cramped. Pretty hard getting my left foot off the clutch and on to the brakes. LOL. 12 DDD. I am going to take the easy route and install the linelock. My clutch didn't like the practice doing burnouts. Way too expesive to mess up too. (Exedy Twin Plate)
Old 09-17-2007, 12:25 PM
TECH Regular

Keep at it bro! You need a good burnout and get the tire pressure down to around 15 and be safe.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

15#'s damn !! I thought I was going to touch the rims to the ground at 19#'s The linelock I am getting will fix my inability to do a proper burnout. Thanks as usual for all the comments everybody.
Old 09-17-2007, 01:20 PM
TECH Regular

if after you install your line lock your 60's still aren't where you want them get rid of those nittos and get the MT ET Street radials.
Old 09-17-2007, 01:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by alwaysinboost
if after you install your line lock your 60's still aren't where you want them get rid of those nittos and get the MT ET Street radials.

I was supposed to get the M/Ts but they were on permanent back order for the 305 35 r 18's and I couldn't get the BFG's either so I settled for the cheapest ones, the Nittos.
Old 09-17-2007, 01:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice times man!!! Your car is making the power no doubt, you're just in my boat of having traction and launching issues. Your times/traps are right in line with me and my 500 hp, so the power is definitely there.
Old 09-17-2007, 04:27 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,089 Likes on 717 Posts

If you mostly race from a roll, don't worry about running mid 11's, we know the car can run low 11's based on your trap speeds.

If it were me, I'd be looking forward to this cooler air and find that 127mph pass. I'd be more impressed with you running like 8-12mph over stock vs. you beating on that car to run a 11.9 on DR's.

I figure my bone stock 2002 Z06 is capable of running 116mph stock.
Old 09-17-2007, 04:54 PM
Banned

11s are around the corner