Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Corvette Racing Seats - Need Your Opinion

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 03:14 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by arizen
We had custom brackets made to mount the Sparco Roadster seat to the C5/C6 tracks. We are confident this seat will fit in the car but do not know if a wider version can be made without fitment problems. If there is a C5 Vette owner within driving distance of southeast CT who is willing to make the drive and remove one seat and test fit this seat so we can see what the clearance is on each side please pm me.

Do you mean the factory C5/C6 tracks with electric controls & work with "memory" functions?....Very Nice Looking seats...I love the Carraggio GT's but they are very, very expensive
Old 01-01-2008, 03:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NemesisC5
Do you mean the factory C5/C6 tracks with electric controls & work with "memory" functions?....Very Nice Looking seats...I love the Carraggio GT's but they are very, very expensive
The trick with aftermarket seats is to leave the wiring harness and SCM (Seat control module) in place so that all of those functions will be retained.
Old 01-01-2008, 06:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice looking seats, just need Z06 logos?
Robert
Old 01-01-2008, 09:14 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by NemesisC5
Caravaggio has the GT seat and a modified copy of this Sparco seat.

http://www.caravaggiocorvettes.com/d...ther_Seats.pdf

They modified the base to bolt to the power tracks through the bottom. We delevoped a way to use the side mount locations with special adapters that will bolt to the power tracks as well.

Before we look into having the shells made we would like to determine if there is an option to make the seat any wider if necessary. All the wiring and harnesses are still present. We will need to make a slot in the side for the harness that plugs into the control switch to fit through so the control can be mounted to the outside.
Old 01-02-2008, 07:56 AM
TECH Resident

Caravaggio has the GT seat and a modified copy of this Sparco seat.

http://www.caravaggiocorvettes.com/d...ther_Seats.pdf

They modified the base to bolt to the power tracks through the bottom. We delevoped a way to use the side mount locations with special adapters that will bolt to the power tracks as well.

Before we look into having the shells made we would like to determine if there is an option to make the seat any wider if necessary. All the wiring and harnesses are still present. We will need to make a slot in the side for the harness that plugs into the control switch to fit through so the control can be mounted to the outside.
Thanks, I'll be watching this thread. I like the seat & would like some for my Corvette. PM me with pricing if you have anything yet
Old 01-02-2008, 10:08 AM
11 Second Club

Im intrested also. I wished i lived closer.....I WOULD LOVE TO BE YOUR TEST CAR.
Old 01-02-2008, 10:29 AM
Launching!

If there is a C5 Vette owner within driving distance of southeast CT who is willing to make the drive and remove one seat and test fit this seat so we can see what the clearance is on each side please pm me.
If anyone who is on other Corvette forums would like to post and let them know we are looking for a test fit car in southeast CT feel free to do so and let them know to email me at mark@arizenracingsports.com or call 860-848-0036. I will post in the northeast forum here as well.
Old 01-02-2008, 11:56 AM
Launching!

We would also be willing to drive to a customer within an hour or so and bring the seat to them for the test fit. If that works for anyone contact me.
Old 01-02-2008, 02:26 PM
10 Second Club

interested.. weight?????
Old 01-03-2008, 11:10 AM
Teching In

Arizen-PM sent. It looks like I'm about 5 minutes from you.

Charlie
Old 01-03-2008, 11:30 AM
Staging Lane

Interested, keep us posted.
Old 01-03-2008, 12:03 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by montac
Arizen-PM sent. It looks like I'm about 5 minutes from you.

Charlie
Thank you. I'll call you after your home from work today!
Old 01-03-2008, 03:12 PM
TECH Addict

Nice work Mark....I was wondering where you were on this....excellent

Need a west Coast distributor?
Old 01-04-2008, 02:39 PM
Launching!

[QUOTE=BitViper;8415494]Nice work Mark....I was wondering where you were on this....excellent[QUOTE]

Well I've got good news and not so good news. We were able to bolt the seats into the car fine. It's a snug fit and there would be no way to make the seat any wider and still fit in the car. The problem we have yet to solve is that there is not enough room to fit the seat belt buckle between the seat and the transmission tunnel with the Sparco seat. We will have to look into what options are available.

Old 01-04-2008, 05:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

[QUOTE=arizen;8422052][QUOTE=BitViper;8415494]Nice work Mark....I was wondering where you were on this....excellent

Well I've got good news and not so good news. We were able to bolt the seats into the car fine. It's a snug fit and there would be no way to make the seat any wider and still fit in the car. The problem we have yet to solve is that there is not enough room to fit the seat belt buckle between the seat and the transmission tunnel with the Sparco seat. We will have to look into what options are available.
Have you thought about adding an extension to the seat belt or moving the mounting position up onto your rail, so that it will sit higher so that you will have access.

I think the Caravaggio seats have openings in the sides that allows access to the seat belts.

In my opinion it would be best to add the extension.
Old 01-04-2008, 05:51 PM
Launching!

Have you thought about adding an extension to the seat belt or moving the mounting position up onto your rail, so that it will sit higher so that you will have access.

I think the Caravaggio seats have openings in the sides that allows access to the seat belts.

In my opinion it would be best to add the extension.
I was considering the extension but NOT considering bolting the buckle to the side bracket. That seems like more liability. I prefer the buckle still be bolted to the original position on the factory tracks. The extension with a grade 8 bolt connecting them should be fine (I'm not an engineer but would feel comfortable with that solution in my own car) and we could make that easily for those who feel comfortable with that as well.
Old 01-04-2008, 08:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Looking good. hope you get it sorted out.
Robert
Old 01-04-2008, 10:43 PM
TECH Addict

The Caravaggio seats have the same problem..im looking into fabing up and extension made from seat belt material folded with a grommet thru it

But You know one benifit of doing it the way you have is tha you most likely wont raise the seat up as far as the "Higre Priced" seats are

Last edited by BitViper; 01-04-2008 at 10:55 PM.
Old 01-05-2008, 07:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I was considering the extension but NOT considering bolting the buckle to the side bracket. That seems like more liability. I prefer the buckle still be bolted to the original position on the factory tracks. The extension with a grade 8 bolt connecting them should be fine (I'm not an engineer but would feel comfortable with that solution in my own car) and we could make that easily for those who feel comfortable with that as well.

It really doesn't matter, as your seat braces are bolted to the seat rails just like the factory mounting plate.

A stamped piece of metal plate with the same size holes and a supllied grade 8 bolt and poly lock nut with some nylon washers would do the trick.

Should be a relatively easy fix. Just curious why you did not make your seat rail adapters mount under the seat, instead of the sides, not that this would have any impact on the seat belt length issue ?
Old 01-05-2008, 08:01 AM
TECH Addict

I believe that the Roadster is a bottom OR side mount but Speaking out school..Im betting that mounting to the side gives more control to the angle of the seats back

Non the less....after that bracket is painted black and reuced to its minimum its going to disapear

Great work Mark....

Last edited by BitViper; 01-05-2008 at 08:07 AM.

Quick Reply: Corvette Racing Seats - Need Your Opinion