Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Corvette Racing Seats - Need Your Opinion

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 04:56 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mark,
I'm glad you were able to get to another car for a second fitting. Work has been hell this week.

By the way, these seats felt great when Mark test fit them in my car the first time. Now that they have been lowered even more, I'm sure they feel even better.

Charlie
Old 01-12-2008, 11:39 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by montac
Mark,
I'm glad you were able to get to another car for a second fitting. Work has been hell this week.

By the way, these seats felt great when Mark test fit them in my car the first time. Now that they have been lowered even more, I'm sure they feel even better.

Charlie
No problem Charlie. I called a few Vette specialty shops in CT before you contacted me but none had a C5 available at the time. Corvette Center called me back when one would be there for a couple of days so I took advantage of the opportunity.

I'd still be interested in using your car to mock up mounting brackets for other applications in the car.
Old 01-12-2008, 05:50 PM
pdd
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by BitViper
Dude..its a racing seat If you wanted a couch shudda got a buick
true, true. nice seats guys, they look great!
Old 01-15-2008, 12:13 PM
QSZ
Banned

how big of people do these fit? i ask because my car had corbeau racing seats in them when i bought it, and my back was a solid 3 inches away from hitting the back of the seat due to the side bolstering... that **** is meant for like a 5' flat azn guy. im much taller and larger.
Old 01-15-2008, 12:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by QSZ
how big of people do these fit? i ask because my car had corbeau racing seats in them when i bought it, and my back was a solid 3 inches away from hitting the back of the seat due to the side bolstering... that **** is meant for like a 5' flat azn guy. im much taller and larger.

I think the upper limit is around a 36" waist, if you're bigger than that it's time to hit the gym, unfortunetly I am in the go to the gym group. I'm working on it though. Dropped 10 lbs by drinking diet soda and cutting out some carbs.

Give up the beer and drink wine and skip the pasta or purge
Old 01-15-2008, 01:07 PM
QSZ
Banned

Originally Posted by BlownVette 2001
I think the upper limit is around a 36" waist, if you're bigger than that it's time to hit the gym, unfortunetly I am in the go to the gym group. I'm working on it though. Dropped 10 lbs by drinking diet soda and cutting out some carbs.

Give up the beer and drink wine and skip the pasta or purge
im not fat, my shoulders just wont fit in the damn seats. i do hit the gym, on a regular basis. shoulders are just 56" big, and my back wont fit against the seat. plus im 6'4
Old 01-15-2008, 01:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by QSZ
im not fat, my shoulders just wont fit in the damn seats. i do hit the gym, on a regular basis. shoulders are just 56" big, and my back wont fit against the seat. plus im 6'4
I was just kidding. Basically anyone over 6 ft has a tuff time fitting in a vette.

Caravaggio offers more custom seat options for bigger guys like you. Another thing to consider is putting a manual or after market seat track in your car as it will allow you to sit a little lower.

I'm about 6ft and just fit in headroom wise since I put in C6 seats. You could do the body mods that i just did to give yourself some head room.

Car is actually being converted from a coupe to a FRC.

Old 01-15-2008, 01:23 PM
QSZ
Banned

i fit ok headroom wise, if i hit a bump ill hit my head though. really would like the support of racing seats, but im not paying the $$$ for carrivagio. they are far overpriced IMO.

guess ill just eventually do a 5pt harness, should hold me in decently.
Old 01-15-2008, 01:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by QSZ
i fit ok headroom wise, if i hit a bump ill hit my head though. really would like the support of racing seats, but im not paying the $$$ for carrivagio. they are far overpriced IMO.

guess ill just eventually do a 5pt harness, should hold me in decently.

I know what you mean about pricing but there are just not to many places to go. Maybe a local uphostery shop could something based on a picture.

I should be able to fit in the seats above but will sit in them before you buy it. Heck Caravaggio never brings seats for you to sit in before you buy them to any of the Corvette events. He comes every year to the Carlilse event with customer cars but you can not sit in them.

Pfadt sells some custom seat tracks that may lower you a bit if you can find a seat that fits ya.

Good luck in finding something that works for ya.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:48 AM
Teching In

Tag for later.
Old 03-27-2008, 04:43 PM
Launching!

We will have a black leather bucket seat available in June. By the time they are ready we should have a stand-alone bolt in version with manual sliders for the C5-C6 or a version that bolts to the power tracks. We fitted the seat in a Z06 yesterday and I know we have one customer! The projected pricing for the seat itself will be between $500-$600 plus mounting hardware. A cloth version would be about $100 less. This seat really is for smaller guys. I have a 36" waist and I can sit in it but it is too tight for a daily driver for me. I'd bolt it in for track use though for sure.

Installed picture below. Let me know if your seriously interested so we can guage how many to order.

http://www.arizenracingsports.com/images/C5-ARS.jpg
Old 03-27-2008, 07:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Put me down, and I would like them soon, to pass tech for my shoulder belts. Will there be an option for colored thread (red) and/or Z06 logo?
Robert
Old 03-27-2008, 08:11 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Robert56
Put me down, and I would like them soon, to pass tech for my shoulder belts. Will there be an option for colored thread (red) and/or Z06 logo?
Robert
To offer this pricing we have to have the factory that makes the shell make the cover as well. Our labor and material costs to make the cover in MA would be much higher. We can request some with colored stitching and likely will. Besides red, what other colors may be desirable - yellow? ? ?

We can offer logos from Autographz and they have many Vette related logos. These are thermally heat transfered into the leather, not thread like embroidery.
http://www.autographzonline.com/generalmotors.html
Old 03-28-2008, 06:17 AM
Teching In

Default Nice Seat!

Hey, that car looks really familiar

Good to see you again Mark and you know I am definitely interested in the seats. They fit me great (5'8", 32" waist, meat head) and I think they look awesome in the car.

I'd like to see what the seat would look like with red stitching. I think they look pretty classy in all black.

Charlie
Old 03-28-2008, 07:01 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by montac
Hey, that car looks really familiar

Good to see you again Mark and you know I am definitely interested in the seats. They fit me great (5'8", 32" waist, meat head) and I think they look awesome in the car.

I'd like to see what the seat would look like with red stitching. I think they look pretty classy in all black.

Charlie
Oh YOUR the Corvette owner with a 32" waist! We heard rumors there was one in the US somewhere.
Old 04-23-2008, 12:47 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by arizen
We will have a black leather bucket seat available in June.

What we have coming in June is 5 sets black leather, 2 sets black leather w/red stitching, 2 sets black cloth and 2 sets black cloth w/red stitching.

The leather seats are projected to be around $545 and the cloth versions between $395-$425. We are waiting for freight and fuel surcharges to know exactly. We do not have pricing on the side mounts yet and we are having two different ones made. One will be a shorter universal mount and the other designed to be used for mounting to C5/C6 tracks as well as other cars.

When the inventory coming in June is sold out we will not expect more for at least 4 months. If it is worth a trip to Uncasville CT you can come and sit in a sample to see how it fits.

Old 04-23-2008, 08:01 PM
Launching!

We are also developing a bracket/slider combination to bolt this bucket seat in as a complete manual sliding unit. This way if you need a nice track seat just unbolt your factory seat from the floor and bolt this one in. How many people would be interested if it came with everything to just bolt it to the four holes in the floor for quick swapping for the track?
Old 04-24-2008, 11:44 PM
TECH Resident

36 waist 510 190. You think they would be tight for me?
I wish I could sit in a set.
Old 04-24-2008, 11:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CraZee ZO6
Take a ride, they're in CT.
Old 04-25-2008, 03:21 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by CraZee ZO6
I have the sample seat in Uncasville, CT. Let me know if you'd like to come sit in it.

Quick Reply: Corvette Racing Seats - Need Your Opinion