Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Corvette Racing Seats - Need Your Opinion

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 12:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Received my seats today, I think they are great, better than expected, top quality through out. Tried the fit with helmet on and it does not push the head forward, it's a perfect feel for me (not sure if it was this thread where the helmet concern was?). The worry about being to tall, well at 5 11 1/2 and a long upper torso, the slip throughs are still higher than my shoulders so no worry on pulling down. I have wide shoulders (wider than large) and they fit fine. If you have a waist over about '34, then there may be a fitting issue, but at 32" waist it feels great, nice and snug but not tight. Here they are and will get them installed Saturday and update. Oh, we will weigh them against the Z06 seats, but just by feel they seem lighter, which is good.

Robert
Old 07-11-2008, 07:17 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert56
Received my seats today, I think they are great, better than expected, top quality through out. Tried the fit with helmet on and it does not push the head forward, it's a perfect feel for me (not sure if it was this thread where the helmet concern was?). The worry about being to tall, well at 5 11 1/2 and a long upper torso, the slip throughs are still higher than my shoulders so no worry on pulling down. I have wide shoulders (wider than large) and they fit fine. If you have a waist over about '34, then there may be a fitting issue, but at 32" waist it feels great, nice and snug but not tight. Here they are and will get them installed Saturday and update. Oh, we will weigh them against the Z06 seats, but just by feel they seem lighter, which is good.

Robert
Very nice Robert....I wonder if I could buy the shell & foam and have Gerado at DSV install custom covers???
Old 07-11-2008, 07:23 AM
TECH Regular

thanks Robert, thats exactly the info/pics I was looking for.
Old 07-11-2008, 07:27 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by NemesisC5
Very nice Robert....I wonder if I could buy the shell & foam and have Gerado at DSV install custom covers???
If you wanted to do that I would suggest buying the cloth version because you would need a cover to pattern.
Old 07-11-2008, 06:49 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by arizen
If you wanted to do that I would suggest buying the cloth version because you would need a cover to pattern.
Thanks Mark
Old 07-12-2008, 09:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Well I just got a couple hours to start my install and about finished with the drivers side. All I can say at this point is that the install is straight forward and a breeze. Everything fits perfect and I am happy as a clam, what ever the hell that means, lol. Installed pics probably not till tomorrow.
Robert
Old 08-01-2008, 09:30 AM
TECH Resident

Well I just got a couple hours to start my install and about finished with the drivers side. All I can say at this point is that the install is straight forward and a breeze. Everything fits perfect and I am happy as a clam, what ever the hell that means, lol. Installed pics probably not till tomorrow.
Robert
Any installed pics yet, driving impressions?
Old 08-02-2008, 01:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

Have many pics, and will get them loaded in the AM. Boy did they come out nice.
Robert
Old 08-08-2008, 02:39 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LS123
What happen to the Roadster seats? Those were the seats I was interested in. Would the seat bracket fit the Roadster seats to stock tracks?
We have begun work again on the Roadster style seat. We will raise the harness holes in the headrest because they are dangerously low in the original Sparco Roadster seat for most drivers. Our bracket design (using the bottom mounting hole) sits the seat as low as possible on the o/e power tracks as shown below.

If you are interested in our own seat in black leather or black cloth and are ready to purchase email me soon. Since we cannot afford to reduce pricing and have had shops and resellers interested in distributing our seats we will raise our direct pricing so dealers could make a profit. The pricing mentioned earlier in this thread will end on Aug. 15th.

The post below from SeaLawyer may help you decide if you'd fit in the seat. The general opinion is over 34" waists they feel snug in the hips.

"On my drive down to MD, I stopped at Arizen Racing to try out the seats. I gotta say - they are COMFORTABLE!!

They feel better than my GT3 seats. If they made them in carbon fiber, I'd sell my GT3 seats on eBay and buy these in a second!! Lots of nice padding through the legs... About as snug as the GT3 in the hips, BUT -- MUCH more comfortable through the back and shoulders... AND they don't SCREAM Porsche... Oh well. "
Old 08-09-2008, 02:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

A teaser pic.

Robert
Old 08-09-2008, 11:00 AM
TECH Resident

A teaser pic.

Robert
Seats look great Robert ! !.....what did you use for an anchor point for your sub belt?
Old 08-09-2008, 04:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

good looking pics robert,
clean interior!

Last edited by OKcruising; 08-09-2008 at 04:23 PM.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by NemesisC5
Seats look great Robert ! !.....what did you use for an anchor point for your sub belt?
Just through the floor with a big seat belt washer on the back side. NHRA specs that it should be at a place directly under the spine area, IIRC. this way it will pull correctly when in a wreck. I have had it in the wrong place before and it will actually lift you up in the seat, not good. they know where/when/why to spec this stuff and we should all follow what they rec.

Thanks for the postive comments. I really like these seats, but my overly large butted buddies are out of luck for rides, lol. By the way, all electronics work like stock and no issues with the roll bar. also, i had no problem using the stock seat belts on both sides and they are there for when not racing as they are much easier when getting in and out all the time compared to the 5-points.
Robert
Old 10-24-2008, 03:19 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LS123
What happen to the Roadster seats? Those were the seats I was interested in. Would the seat bracket fit the Roadster seats to stock tracks?
We are finally making progress on the Roadster style seat. Below is a picture of the change in harness hole locations we are making. We filled in the holes on the Sparco seat and you can see a black marker line on the original Sparco fiberglass shell where my shoulder was (I am 5'10" for reference). This was sitting directly on the shell without a bottom cushion which will raise you slightly higher. The seat next to it shows where we will be putting the holes.

You should NEVER wear a harness if the hole it comes through is below your shoulders. It can cause spinal compression in an accident.

More info on what we're working on below.
http://www.arizenracingsports.com/pa...zen/CTGY/C5-C6
Old 10-24-2008, 03:35 PM
On The Tree

Looking good, cannot wait till there done.
Old 10-24-2008, 05:29 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by beavis
cannot wait till there done.
Yes you can. You have no choice :-)
Old 10-24-2008, 08:24 PM
TECH Addict

Think I am going to have to pick up a pair of these.
Old 10-24-2008, 09:55 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by arizen
We are finally making progress on the Roadster style seat. Below is a picture of the change in harness hole locations we are making. We filled in the holes on the Sparco seat and you can see a black marker line on the original Sparco fiberglass shell where my shoulder was (I am 5'10" for reference). This was sitting directly on the shell without a bottom cushion which will raise you slightly higher. The seat next to it shows where we will be putting the holes.

You should NEVER wear a harness if the hole it comes through is below your shoulders. It can cause spinal compression in an accident.

More info on what we're working on below.
http://www.arizenracingsports.com/pa...zen/CTGY/C5-C6
Great to see your progress on the Roadster style seat I have mine mounted on your brackets along with the factory switch bezel that really adds a finished look. I am sending the bezels to be wrapped in CF hydro. Pics comming soon
Old 10-29-2008, 05:25 AM
Teching In

Default Test Fit

Mark,
I've been out of town for a little while but I got your phone message. The car is in the air with the interior out but if you want to test fit a seat, we should be able to do that. I'll be back in town tomorrow and I'll give you a ring.

BTW your private message inbox is full.

Charlie
Old 11-09-2008, 01:36 PM
On The Tree

Any updates?

Quick Reply: Corvette Racing Seats - Need Your Opinion