Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Corvette Racing Seats - Need Your Opinion

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 03:11 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anything for us guys who arent 32 and 34 in waists?

PS dont tell me to loose weight fatty
Old 11-11-2008, 11:06 AM
Staging Lane

Thumbs up

Old 11-30-2008, 08:16 PM
TECH Regular

any updates on the sparco roadster 2 style seat? I tested out the carrviaggo z06 seat, which I read is based of the sparco, and it fit like a glove!
Old 12-01-2008, 10:54 AM
Teching In

i would be interested depending on price...i would love to spend about 6-700 per seat, probably wont happen though
Old 12-01-2008, 01:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It just keeps getting better Mark!
Old 12-01-2008, 08:29 PM
TECH Resident

Default These are Mounted on Marks Brackets

Old 12-02-2008, 01:46 PM
Teching In

What do the new style seats wiegh? I there a wieght savings over stock C6 seats?
They look great!!!
Old 03-29-2009, 08:59 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BitViper
It just keeps getting better Mark!
Check the website for updated seat info. There's a C5/C6 specific page.
Old 03-29-2009, 09:58 PM
Teching In

Im in for the Black set. Hit me up when you need deposits.
Thank-You.
Old 03-30-2009, 01:11 AM
TECH Addict

In looking at the web and the interior pictures, it's hard to determine what I can use. My problem is my height. I am 6'4", and my head is only about an inch below the roof in my C6Z, so I would need a seat that would drop me a good two inches so I could wear a helmet and harness safely. Is this even feasible? I also need something where I could use the stock belts if needed for non track days. I may not switch them out every time, so they would need to be functional for the street as well as the track if possible. Oh, and I'm at the moment close to a 42" waist.

Thanks.
Old 06-06-2009, 09:46 PM
Staging Lane

What's the latest on this thread?

read it all and it just stops cold?

Ms Eliz
Old 06-07-2009, 12:20 AM
TECH Addict

My research on a different forum has led me to the Sparco Evo 2 with Phadt brackets, possibly with the slider. I will get the slider regardless so my wife can track it, too, but for me I may need to run it without the slider.

If I still can't get the clearence I need, I may look into converting the roof panel to the transparent one from the coupe, keeping the bolt-in magnesium roof and just using the panel. That would eliminate the headliner and give another 1/2" or so of headroom.
Old 06-07-2009, 01:05 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by CySevans
My research on a different forum has led me to the Sparco Evo 2 with Phadt brackets, possibly with the slider. I will get the slider regardless so my wife can track it, too, but for me I may need to run it without the slider.

If I still can't get the clearence I need, I may look into converting the roof panel to the transparent one from the coupe, keeping the bolt-in magnesium roof and just using the panel. That would eliminate the headliner and give another 1/2" or so of headroom.
I have the Evo 2 in my C5 with Pfadt bracket and the shoulder bolster rubs the door, the Evo & Evo Plus fit C5's better....not sure of C6 fitment with Evo 2. I sat in C5's & C6's with both (Evo & Evo Plus) and they fit well.
Old 06-07-2009, 08:26 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Ms Eliz
What's the latest on this thread?

read it all and it just stops cold?

Ms Eliz
There is more info on what originally started the thread on the thread below.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-g...at-vendor.html
Old 06-07-2009, 07:23 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by NemesisC5
I have the Evo 2 in my C5 with Pfadt bracket and the shoulder bolster rubs the door, the Evo & Evo Plus fit C5's better....not sure of C6 fitment with Evo 2. I sat in C5's & C6's with both (Evo & Evo Plus) and they fit well.
The Evo 2s were recommended by someone who already has them in his C6Z.
Old 06-07-2009, 08:37 PM
Staging Lane

nice seats i would def buy some
Old 06-07-2009, 08:39 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by CySevans
The Evo 2s were recommended by someone who already has them in his C6Z.
I have them and love the leverage & control they provide...just wish they fit my C5Z better
Old 06-08-2009, 10:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Slow77ta
What do the new style seats wiegh? I there a wieght savings over stock C6 seats?
They look great!!!
I weighed mine against the C5 Z06 seats and they were, IIRC, about 1/2 pound lighter. However, the C5 sport seat is much heavier than a Z06 seat and the gain is loosing some weight will be another benefit going aftermarket. Maybe someone has weighed a sport seat?

EDIT: My seats are/were an early model, and what is offered is slightly different? Not sure if they still offer this exact seat? My seat is a little deeper and more agressive for holding you in. Is that good or bad, lol, not sure, but thought i woul;d point out we are talking two different seats in these threads. The main points will still apply regardless. See the link above for more info in the other thread. Robert

Also, after having these seats for a while, the larger waist guys generally fit OK. Most of my friends that are heavy are overweight, so the additional waist size is in fat. This allows a larger person to fit fine as the fat moves out of the way. This is in no way a down grade on heavy people, as I am on the skinny side and am very familiar with how derogatory skinny comments can be a spear in the spirit. So, unless your a muscular 38 waist with no additional fat, it may still be a tight fit, but someone a tad over weight will likely fit fine. So the limit of a 34/35/36 waist is not set in stone. Try it out if you can. My two best buddies weigh in at 250 plus pounds (one has been a friend for 45 years and the other 30).

Here's a couple more pics for insight (below). I don't think I covered install in this thread? Well all stock electronics works fine. Everything fit fine. No rubbing anywhere full forward and aft. Stock seat belts can be left installed and I have done so (this makes going to the store much easier, lol). No roll bar interference and swing out works fine. Set up correctly it is easy to just flip all of the 5/6 point belts behind the seat, or add quick disconnects. IMO, this is a great race/street set-up, maybe not for everyone, but many will and can have great success. No I don't work for these guys nor do I get any kind of kick back, just passing on a great experience with these seats. Also, the leather is real thick and robust, I have treated them a couple times so far and they just keep looking better as the leather soaks up the oils.

Robert

Last edited by Robert56; 06-08-2009 at 10:57 PM.
Old 06-17-2009, 06:38 AM
Staging Lane

Thanks Robert! Pics aren't working though?!?!
Ms Eliz
Old 06-17-2009, 03:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by arizen
We have had a few requests to make a seat that would bolt directly to C5 tracks similar to the Caravaggio seats. The C6 tracks may be the same but needs to be verified. We have developed a way to adapt a Sparco Roadster seat as a direct bolt application. We can either look into using the Sparco seat and recovering it in leather or suede or developing our own shell. This thread is a feeler to see how much REAL interest there is in this project. We should be able to offer a leather or suede version of an actual Sparco seat for about $900 a piece. If there was a lot of interest we could develop our own shell and reduce the cost further but the tooling costs would have to be justified. I was surprised at how comfortable the seat was thinking fixed seats weren't as comfortable as reclining but I am considering putting a set in my VW when the project is done. Sparco does not consider this a "competition" seat but for a more supportive, comfortable daily driver with some track use this to me is ideal.
Not without an adjustable back I wouldn't buy that seat. Give me something that reclines and I'm sold. I'm 6'3 and 240lbs so I can't be sitting straight up like that seat is without feeling stuffed in my car.

Quick Reply: Corvette Racing Seats - Need Your Opinion