Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

J/W how many ppl in there 20's with Vettes

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 09:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bought my vette last year for my 28th birthday, a nice present for myself. Silver 02 Z06 with 6200 miles on her. Always wanted a vette since my dad has a 69 corvette convertable. Never thought I would ever be able to get one. I love this car and wouldn't trade it for anything, well except a silver C6Z06. I never gotten any crappy comments from anyone. Always had the older guys/ older women come up and talk to me about the car. The best is when they ask you if it is a Z06, I say proudly "Why Yes it is". I will have to say, women love these cars.

seems like the people I have met that their mommy and daddy bought there cars for them were always cocky has hell. Although I really doubt lots of those guys come on here, lol they probably don't even know what a piston means. Weird that lots of C6 drivers seem cocky, not all but I give them the vette wave and they never give one back. Why I have no idea. I had asked on the corvette forum why and all I got were stupid *** comments.

I really don't care if people have something crappy to say to me, I just laugh at them and I am proud of myself for having this car. Seems like everyone here that has posted is very proud that they have a vette.
Old 10-27-2007, 12:44 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by scramblerman
bought my vette last year for my 28th birthday, a nice present for myself. Silver 02 Z06 with 6200 miles on her. Always wanted a vette since my dad has a 69 corvette convertable. Never thought I would ever be able to get one. I love this car and wouldn't trade it for anything, well except a silver C6Z06. I never gotten any crappy comments from anyone. Always had the older guys/ older women come up and talk to me about the car. The best is when they ask you if it is a Z06, I say proudly "Why Yes it is". I will have to say, women love these cars.

seems like the people I have met that their mommy and daddy bought there cars for them were always cocky has hell. Although I really doubt lots of those guys come on here, lol they probably don't even know what a piston means. Weird that lots of C6 drivers seem cocky, not all but I give them the vette wave and they never give one back. Why I have no idea. I had asked on the corvette forum why and all I got were stupid *** comments.

I really don't care if people have something crappy to say to me, I just laugh at them and I am proud of myself for having this car. Seems like everyone here that has posted is very proud that they have a vette.
yea i agree 100% i hate when i give a vette wave and i get on wave back!!! i wouldn't say that all C6 drivers are cocky because im about to buy one lol! the thing you have to remember about the people who's mommy and dady bought there cars don't respect the car as much as someone who works everyday for the car and works overtime so that the can get the cam they want to the blower.... they normally aren't the guys putting 20 hours in the gargde to install headers and X pipe or whatever they have someone do it... but there is some installs i would rather not do myself though.... i love my vette and i will always have one.. and i don't care what people think because i've almost got the care i want and they don't... i'm proud to be 20 with a vette that just shows that i know what to do with money and my credit is better than some 50 year old people but im glad that everyone one on this post loves there cars!!!!!!
Old 10-27-2007, 04:19 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<------ 24 with a Millenium yellow built and blown coupe.

The girlfriend is a few years younger than me and had a 98 vette before she wanted to go back to a TA

<----- the gf here Yeah try being a girl in your early 20's and having one Someone at school didn't like that and put gum on it one day

Last edited by neodamonkey; 10-27-2007 at 04:48 PM.
Old 10-27-2007, 04:31 PM
Teching In

(turn 21 on the 13th of nov.) and one of my ex-gf's thought i was a drug dealer for awhile hahahaha

not a vette owner yet though, just a slick 2002 SS
Old 10-27-2007, 10:14 PM
Staging Lane

I am 27 and own 2 vettes and a camaro:

73 Vette: Dad bought for $1500 with frozen motor. Swaped in a 71 350 and went autocrossing in 1994. I was given the vette as a graduation gift in 2003. Mods include heavy duty fiberglass rear spring, hooker sidepipes and a lot of weight reduction. Planning on taking the body off and repairing frame and doing other work this winter. Race NCCC 2D class.

76 Vette: My weekend cruiser. Bought in september 2006 for $5000. Also a 2D classed car. Has 80 style bumpers on it.

98 Z28 Camaro: Bought as a daily driver in january of 2006. Paid $10,500 for it. Have put on a lid, K&N Filter, RPM strut tower brace, and 17x9.5 chrome Z06 wheels. Have hit 2 deer whith this car. No major damage, jsut a crunched hood and cracked front bumper cover.
Old 10-27-2007, 11:24 PM
Launching!

Add me to the list... I'm 22, turning 23 in less than a month and I just picked up a 99 Torch red Z51, 6 speed, one owner, 22k miles, chrome Z06 wheels, stock wheels, car cover, the whole nine. I worked very hard to get the car and it was worth every bit of it. You can check out pics here... http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1837052
Old 10-27-2007, 11:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

im 20 right now, and i plan on getting an 03-04 z06 very soon maybe as soon as 3 semesters pass and i graduate with my bachelors degree...i'll treat myself
Old 10-28-2007, 08:40 AM
On The Tree

Turned 20 in May, bought one Friday night.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:20 AM
Launching!

when i turned 23 i got the speedway white
Old 10-29-2007, 12:20 PM
Launching!

I was 22 when I purchased mine, I just turned 25.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:49 PM
TECH Resident

i guess ill join the crowd...im 22 and i had owned a F-body for 3 years and got it when i first turned 19 (in sig ) but i just bought this 01 ZO6 back in august....i love it!!!...it is still stock but it is slightly faster than my Camaro( i have a buddy w/ similar mods)...i get that look all the time...how do u afford it or that cant be yours...i just smile and nod....i must say though i enjoy having it stock right now...i want headers and a diff intake but im in no rush...i just enjoy owning one....other than the guys that have posted...how many people can say they own a C5Z at 22 OR YOUNGER

Quick Reply: J/W how many ppl in there 20's with Vettes