Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

2001 Mod Red Z06....

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 06:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2001 Mod Red Z06....

Hey guys. I am in the process of buying a 2001 Z06 with only 17k miles on it. Its Mod Red with Red/Black Interior.... Flawless interior. No spider cracks in the seats! Car is bone stock with exception of....
5% Tint
Shorty Antenna
Skip Shift Eliminator
Short Throw Shifter
Black Z06s w/Chrome Lip - Has OEM wheels also
Brand New Goodyear F1 SC's

My questions are,

How rare of a car is this? Any way to find out?

Also what do 2001's usually put to the wheels? I saw one thread where it said he put down 329rwhp stock, but wanted to know if that was the usual or not.

Im buying it for $26k.... I consider it a pretty good deal considering its a very low mileage 01. Its a dealers personal car that he keeps on his showroom floor at all times. Carfax checks out clean as well.

I know the problems people have had with them, oil consumpiton and different clutchs, and different steering columns, but that doesnt bother me. If problems arise, well.... Ill suck it up and fix it.

Only reason Im getting this, is because this is exactly what I want. A Red Z06 with Red/Black Interior with under 20k miles on it.

Last edited by NVR KNO; 01-02-2008 at 11:57 AM.
Old 01-01-2008, 08:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NVR KNO
Hey guys. I am in the process of buying a 2001 Z06 with only 17k miles on it. Its Mod Red with Red/Black Interior.... Flawless interior. No spider cracks in the seats! Car is bone stock with exception of....
5% Tint
Shorty Antenna
Skip Shift Eliminator
Short Throw Shifter
Black Z06s w/Chrome Lip - Has OEM wheels also
Brand New Goodyear Runflats

My questions are,

How rare of a car is this? Any way to find out?

Also what do 2001's usually put to the wheels? I saw one thread where it said he put down 329rwhp stock, but wanted to know if that was the usual or not.

Im buying it for $26k.... I consider it a pretty good deal considering its a very low mileage 01. Its a dealers personal car that he keeps on his showroom floor at all times. Carfax checks out clean as well.

I know the problems people have had with them, oil consumpiton and different clutchs, and different steering columns, but that doesnt bother me. If problems arise, well.... Ill suck it up and fix it.

Only reason Im getting this, is because this is exactly what I want. A Red Z06 with Red/Black Interior with under 20k miles on it.
Z06's do not come from the factory with runflats, that is why they have a tire inflator repair kit. They were given standard tires to help reduce weight.

Here is some more info for you.

http://www.corvettemuseum.com/specs/2001/overview.htm

Dealers charge a premium, do a little research, lots of better priced vettes over in the for sale section of the corvetteforum.com.
Old 01-01-2008, 10:43 PM
Launching!

didnt the 01's have ring problems?

26k is not bad at all.
Old 01-02-2008, 01:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Its a okay deal and mod red interior is a plus. I don't think there was too many mod red interiors or at least I don't ever see too many. It would be better for you to find a new zo6 2002-2004 they have a tad bit more power and you can find them for around the same price.
Old 01-02-2008, 03:58 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i've been having dreams lately of converting my black interior over to Mod red idk why i don't even really like it but i just think it's something different~Cole~
Old 01-02-2008, 07:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by XtremeBBQ

26k is not bad at all.
Some 2000 and 2001 had oil consumption usage problems and had to be re-ringed.

2002 and up Z06's had option HUD and more power than the 2001's.
Old 01-02-2008, 11:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Sorry, I didnt mean to put run flats.... I did the samething on the corvette forum. It has the F1 SCs on both sets of rims.

Last edited by NVR KNO; 01-02-2008 at 11:56 AM.
Old 01-02-2008, 11:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by XtremeBBQ

26k is not bad at all.
This vehicle has already had the re-ring job from the 1st owner at the dealer through warranty.... I cant find a cheaper price for the miles and condition of this one....
Old 01-02-2008, 11:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dixonk
Its a okay deal and mod red interior is a plus. I don't think there was too many mod red interiors or at least I don't ever see too many. It would be better for you to find a new zo6 2002-2004 they have a tad bit more power and you can find them for around the same price.
Mod Red Interior is not a rare combo actually. Alot of them had this interior combo. Its a plus to me though because thats what I have been looking for. The tad bit more power the 02-04s have will be obsilete when the cam goes in anyway.... If you can find me a 02-04 with under 17k miles on it for $26k that is a 1 owner in this condition and is stock, please let me know because that guy is a fool to let it go that cheap. Also I havent been able to find one.

Hell, if you can find me a 01 with under 17k miles on it for this price, let me know.... All of the cars Ive been looking at have been close to or above the 30k mark, which doesnt bother me, but I want a Torch Red with Mod Red Interior. I want under 20k miles, so under 17k miles is a plus! And it has to be bone stock.... Very picky, I know.... And it being a 1 owner was a big plus too!
Old 01-02-2008, 11:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BlownVette 2001
Some 2000 and 2001 had oil consumption usage problems and had to be re-ringed.

2002 and up Z06's had option HUD and more power than the 2001's.
I wasnt too worried about the HUD and like in the post above, the extra power will be made up....
Old 01-02-2008, 05:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Aprox 13% of production had the mod red interior in that model year. That would make about 750 of the cars produced that year with mod red interior. It sounds like a nice car but for a 2001 the car is over priced. I recommend that you keep looking and look for a 2002-2004 car. There are too many improvments compared to the 01 Z06.
Old 01-02-2008, 05:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I dont see how its overpriced when I see 01s with 50k and 60k miles on them going for $26k.... I havent found a 02 for even close to this price either. If you have, where?

Last edited by NVR KNO; 01-02-2008 at 06:18 PM.
Old 01-02-2008, 05:52 PM
Staging Lane

I dont see how its overpriced when I see 01s with 50k and 60k miles on them ging for $26k.... I havent found a 02 for even close to this price either. If you have, where?
I was thinking about selling mine...MAYBE...if I do I was going to ask 30K and it has 36,XXX miles on it.

See below:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/corvette-performance/838758-so-if-i-seel-what-should-i-ask.html
Old 01-02-2008, 06:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by H82BU
I was thinking about selling mine...MAYBE...if I do I was going to ask 30K and it has 36,XXX miles on it.

See below:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=838758
Very nice vette.... And with the mods you have, I dont see why you wouldnt get 30k for it. Its just not me.

I want a Torch Red with Mod Red Interior.... It also isnt stock and has over 20k miles on it.... Good luck with the sale though.
Old 01-02-2008, 07:24 PM
Teching In

With buying from the dealer you'll pay more because it's retail. Now if the dealer was to make you a good deal and was offering a wholesale price then your talking deal. 26k not close to what he'd buy it for. Generally you can save a few dollars by buy from a private owner and still get what you want. Being that this car isn't rare keep looking untill you've got at least 3 to choose from.

I went thru a dealer to get my 01 torch with the Mod, NEVER again! When it comes to vettes you get a better deal as far as price and vehicle history when buying thru a private owner. How do I know? Ex. I hold a carfax report for my car and it's clean from the dealer!!!! but my Ins. agent holds a claim report that says otherwise! Loooong story, lets just say won't recommend this dealer to anyone.

I'll sell you mine for real cheap! LOL

Good luck with your hunt.
Old 01-02-2008, 08:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1KWIKZ06
With buying from the dealer you'll pay more because it's retail. Now if the dealer was to make you a good deal and was offering a wholesale price then your talking deal. 26k not close to what he'd buy it for. Generally you can save a few dollars by buy from a private owner and still get what you want. Being that this car isn't rare keep looking untill you've got at least 3 to choose from.

I went thru a dealer to get my 01 torch with the Mod, NEVER again! When it comes to vettes you get a better deal as far as price and vehicle history when buying thru a private owner. How do I know? Ex. I hold a carfax report for my car and it's clean from the dealer!!!! but my Ins. agent holds a claim report that says otherwise! Loooong story, lets just say won't recommend this dealer to anyone.

I'll sell you mine for real cheap! LOL

Good luck with your hunt.
This vehicle is being sold at 1k dollars over wholesale. Which isnt too bad at all. And about $2500 under retail. Its still under private party value. I know how the values work too, I work at a dealership and Im a Internet Sales Manager, so.... The car is being sold by a private owner as well. The guy who owns the car is the son of the guy who owns the dealership out there, thats all.... The son is the GM there and gets to keep his car in the showroom. I didnt get a carfax through the dealership either, I got one myself and through my insurance company aswell.... Already a step ahead. I know everything about this car, even have the service history of it....

I am sorry to hear about your mishap with the dealer, but not all dealers are like that....

I also had a few to choose from and this is by far the best. Im still not understanding where you guys are getting your reasoning from that the vehicle is overpriced???
Old 01-02-2008, 09:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by slt200mph
Aprox 13% of production had the mod red interior in that model year. That would make about 750 of the cars produced that year with mod red interior. It sounds like a nice car but for a 2001 the car is over priced. I recommend that you keep looking and look for a 2002-2004 car. There are too many improvments compared to the 01 Z06.
Yea there was that many but how many were torch red exterior with mod red interior. Not that many.
As to the OP question:

It really depends on there area you look in for where the car is for sale. Location makes a big difference as I am sure you know this already by working at a dealer.
I say $26k is a good deal. Car is clean and one owner. I say go with it and not look back. You like it, buy it. Then enjoy the **** out of it!!!
Old 01-03-2008, 09:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

This vehicle is being sold at 1k dollars over wholesale. Which isnt too bad at all. And about $2500 under retail. Its still under private party value. I know how the values work too, I work at a dealership and Im a Internet Sales Manager, so.... The car is being sold by a private owner as well. The guy who owns the car is the son of the guy who owns the dealership out there, thats all.... The son is the GM there and gets to keep his car in the showroom. I didnt get a carfax through the dealership either, I got one myself and through my insurance company aswell.... Already a step ahead. I know everything about this car, even have the service history of it....

I am sorry to hear about your mishap with the dealer, but not all dealers are like that....

I also had a few to choose from and this is by far the best. Im still not understanding where you guys are getting your reasoning from that the vehicle is overpriced???

Actually wholesale is considerably lower than that. Extra clean is $22350,(if your in the biz you know there is no such thing) clean is $21250, average is $18650 and rough is $16050. This is out of this weeks edition of the Black Book which is printed weekly and reflects what this vehicle is being sold for at the autions. If you work at a dealership you should be better informed and not willing to pay so much for a 2001 Z06. It sounds like the dealer that you work for is "putting you together" in car guy lingo. That is the least desirable year of production of the C5 Z06. I work for a Chevy dealer too we sell 50 new Corvettes and 30 used Corvetttes a month and have been in the top three in the nation in new Corvette sales for the past ten years. My 40 + years of Corvette experience gives me a pretty good idea of what these cars are selling for. I pay wholesale for anything that I am driving. To me as I said before the car is overpriced. But this is a free country if you wish to pay too much that is your business. Keep the shinny side up and "the wave" alive.
Old 01-03-2008, 10:05 AM
TECH Resident

Go for it! post pics once you get it
Old 01-03-2008, 10:08 AM
Banned

^^ Steve's right (SLT200mph)...

I'm in the biz too and I've persoanlly sold 2 C5Zo6's last month... and I personally drive one too... your dealer isn't giving you the deal of a lifetime... it's not bad, but not a gift eigther.

I'm shocked at how much the values have dropped since May of last year...

Per the Manhiem data base (it links all the major aucton results in the southeast for the last two weeks) It shows:

2001 Zo6 Above Average Below
Auction $24,800 $22,400 $20,100

A total of nine were sold

Quick Reply: 2001 Mod Red Z06....