Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

M12trans VS. MN6trans w/4.10 rear at the track questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 01:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nickolbag
So if you do a rental day you can pull the cage and shed the extra weight in no time? Thats pretty cool. Do you think you can pick up 2 tenths on driving alone?
Yes .2x is coming off with driving alone this year!!!!!!!! Its all my shifting and launch. Just need a nice smooth launch and a great shifting pass its there damnit!!!!! Hell If RobZ can run 10.3's with 47Xrwhp I should atleast be able to hit a 10.8 with 444rwhp
Old 01-31-2008, 04:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlownVette 2001
I agree with ya, but I hope he can shift quick enough and if it hooks I hope he has a beefed up enough drive line to handle it or else there will be a lot of carnage.

Most guys running FI try to reduce there gear and save there drive line from the stress.
Show me where the M12 has caused carnage. I haven't seen it. The fact that the gears are a bit shorter isn't going to grenade your driveline.

I see a number of S/C c6's running 3.90s over at CF. The 2006 C6 internals are a little better, but it isn't enough of a difference to say that is why a C6 FI can run more gear than a C5.

The car would 60ft better.
I would end up in 4th gear sooner-slightly hurting 8th mile mph and maybe ET
I will then drop to a lower mph/rpm in 4th due to the sooner shift and have to pull through 4th longer. This will increase MPH but I do feel its going to be a slight negative effect on ET versus the MN6 trans gear ratios.
If you can 60' better with the M12, your ET is going to be lower. You aren't going to lose enough with a slightly longer pull in 4th to offset the effects of a better 60'. If you had to pedal your way out of the hole and couldn't improve your 60', I could see your point.

Quick Reply: M12trans VS. MN6trans w/4.10 rear at the track questions