Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

c6 corvette supercharged

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 05:25 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking c6 corvette supercharged

i really don't know what to do, i just sent my car out about a week ago to get a v-3 vortech supercharger installed on it but while it's been gone im thinking maybe i should have held out untell my 5 yr are 100000 miles goes out

-selling a vararam intake, corsa extreme cat back with west coast corvette x-pipe for 1,450 obo. contact cell 562 884 3085
Old 04-09-2008, 06:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kiss that wasrranty goodbye !! However enjoy the car.
Old 04-09-2008, 08:21 AM
Dumb Ass Vette Moderator

Yep, the warranty is gone. There is no dealership that will touch it for waranty work with the S/C on it or any signs of one being one it.

Keith
Old 04-09-2008, 10:02 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

you know i read a dealer CANNOT void a warrenty because of Mods. And rather that the dealer has to PROVE the mods are what caused the failure. GM had a HUGE lawsuit against them for it. It may be untrue but i read it in SOME Gm related magazine. Most people don't know this though and never question it. There is a dealer my buddy takes his HEAVILY modded GTP to and they still work on it under warrenty. He had a tranny go poop on it a few months back and GM flew a Tech out to see if they'd cover the transmission because it was the FOURTH(4) plus the original. Guy told him he had some Badass mods(headers,pulley,cam, intake, rockers, full exhaust and HPTuners) and approved it right there on the spot. He's had ALOT of warrenty work done to it and not 1 complaint about mods~Cole~
Old 04-09-2008, 10:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ColeTrains'96Z28
you know i read a dealer CANNOT void a warrenty because of Mods. And rather that the dealer has to PROVE the mods are what caused the failure. GM had a HUGE lawsuit against them for it. It may be untrue but i read it in SOME Gm related magazine. Most people don't know this though and never question it. There is a dealer my buddy takes his HEAVILY modded GTP to and they still work on it under warrenty. He had a tranny go poop on it a few months back and GM flew a Tech out to see if they'd cover the transmission because it was the FOURTH(4) plus the original. Guy told him he had some Badass mods(headers,pulley,cam, intake, rockers, full exhaust and HPTuners) and approved it right there on the spot. He's had ALOT of warrenty work done to it and not 1 complaint about mods~Cole~
Need a link bro. Love to read that article. BTW how did your car turn out ?? PM me bro.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

If your engine failed, then you have problem! But if your AC stopped working! Warranty!!! Unless its a cause of a problem then your good!!!
Old 04-09-2008, 10:47 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SilveradoSS500
If your engine failed, then you have problem! But if your AC stopped working! Warranty!!! Unless its a cause of a problem then your good!!!
yeah but dealerships will probably be gay about it and say "ooooh the super charger caused the compressor to move faster, hence to much air flow and that messed with your johnson rod which ultimately caused the failure."
Old 04-10-2008, 02:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Your actually right, they can't void your warranty because you put aftermarket equipment. Unless the equipment caused the failure. Then they can only void the warranty coverage for that.

Real world though...they tell people they void their whole warranty. Why..because most people will bitch a little, but then pay out of pocket to fix the problem.

I think the info you want is on the SEMA website. Been along time since I read it.

PS. My C6 had a procharger on it before it had 500 miles on it.
Had made numerous 170+ standing mile runs before it had 1200
Had a total repaint before 1700 miles
Cant wait till whats going in before 2500miles
Some times you just got to say F'it
Old 04-10-2008, 02:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Here ya go!

http://www.sema.org/main/semaorghome.aspx?ID=50096
Old 04-12-2008, 02:49 AM
TECH Regular

thank you for the link its great info!! i've had a couple of run ins with the dealer over warranty work and my car isn't heavily modded.. the most recent is they told me that the headers i installed were making my car run way to rich causing the plugs to fail hence the terrible miss im having.. then they told me that they couldn't help me until i lean out the car. also i have B&B bullets on the car.. i took the car in to get a new sending unit installed and when i got the car back the tips were all messed up (not lined up) so i complained but they told me they didn't have to fix it because they aren't OEM parts.. So whenever you mod a car your going to run into trouble with dealerships bottom line
Old 04-18-2008, 10:57 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ls1290
Yep, the warranty is gone. There is no dealership that will touch it for waranty work with the S/C on it or any signs of one being one it.

Keith
Not true at all. I've had my A&A kit installed from almost day one with my c6 and have had it in for service on several things including the clutch. They took care of all the issues with out even a mention of voiding the warranty. It really depends on your local dealer and the service writers ability to make it look the right way when they send in the claim to GM. Just be carefull and tip your service writer and mechanic. I do and have never had an issue. Goodluck.
Old 04-18-2008, 11:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ColeTrains'96Z28

True.

Must be proven. MUST be. And not just, oh, it has a blown motor and an aftermarket supercharger, must have been the cause.

It'll go as far as an engineer coming out, and disecting the vehicle in question.

Quick Reply: c6 corvette supercharged