Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

bought ssautochrome headers...

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 11:03 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the set i got about 6 months ago came with the xpipe for 400 shipped and they do their job and make the ponies, plus they sound great with my b&b ehaust.

Old 05-22-2008, 12:51 PM
Launching!

I have not read a single post where someone says these headers broke on their corvette. The company has had quality control issues with products for other cars, but so far they are doing very well with the vettes. I know someone that has them on a h/c car for over a year and he loves them. They still look perfect as well. I just bought a set of just the headers for $250, and will be having mufflex make me a custom x-pipe. I will have track #'s to boot.
Old 05-22-2008, 01:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

can someone post a link of them, i cant find them on ebay
Old 05-22-2008, 01:11 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

ssac had problems with their turbo manifolds for the imports but their lsx stuff has been pretty flawless since the beginning they did it right by making ten sets and shipping them to people having them pick out the problems and redoing them till they were right, they guys at efialchemy are helping them redesign them now
Old 05-22-2008, 01:24 PM
TECH Regular

they are a joke....i ordered a set...had a reciect...money was taken from my account...and then they just now over a week later tell me that they refunded me my money and there not sendin the headers out...im sooo pissed off right now....so now i have to find another set of longtubes coz i sold the shorties that are stillon my car and the guy is waiting for them
Old 05-22-2008, 01:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

did they give a reason?
Old 05-22-2008, 02:52 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by MonsterZ28
did they give a reason?
nope...they do everything via email...they wouldnt give me a phone number
Old 05-22-2008, 03:00 PM
Dumb Ass Vette Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CTS-V LEE
they are a joke....i ordered a set...had a reciect...money was taken from my account...and then they just now over a week later tell me that they refunded me my money and there not sendin the headers out...im sooo pissed off right now....so now i have to find another set of longtubes coz i sold the shorties that are stillon my car and the guy is waiting for them
Chalk this one ip in the lesson learned column

Keith
Old 05-22-2008, 03:35 PM
Banned

^ So....

SB Chevy headers $250 for mild pipes...
Pacesetter F-body pipes $289 mild, +100 for coating.

$1000+ for the cheapest Corvette headers.
Aside form TSP's coated mild steel jobs for $500+ raw x-pipe for $800+ total
Old 05-22-2008, 04:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
When is TSP making them for C6's?? Thier website does not show any LT's for C6's, does that sound correct?
C5 not C6. Didn't mention a C6.
Old 05-22-2008, 06:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ~JOSHUA
SB Chevy headers $250 for mild pipes...
Pacesetter F-body pipes $289 mild, +100 for coating.
$1000+ for the cheapest Corvette headers.
Aside form TSP's coated mild steel jobs for $500+ raw x-pipe for $800+ total
I'm with you...I don't see the logic here either. Stupid corvette tax!!
Old 05-22-2008, 06:24 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve01SS
C5 not C6. Didn't mention a C6.

Thats obvious, I was asking a question I thought you might know. When (if ever) are they available for the C6's? You may not know.
Old 05-22-2008, 11:47 PM
On The Tree

I give Super Chevy the same creditability as Motor Trend or Car and Driver... not much.

Keith

It was actually quoted from one of the guys from dynomax not from the magazine writers but have you checked if LG and ARH and other expensive headers have equal length primaries? not trying to start a pissing contest just wondering for myself. thanks
Old 05-23-2008, 08:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by bluenyghthawk
ssac had problems with their turbo manifolds for the imports but their lsx stuff has been pretty flawless since the beginning they did it right by making ten sets and shipping them to people having them pick out the problems and redoing them till they were right, they guys at efialchemy are helping them redesign them now
order your set thru them "efialchemy" I belive they carry them in stock now. Or just buy the texas-speed longtubes. not as nice looking as the ss ones but good quality for half the price of the AR/LG ones.
Old 05-25-2008, 06:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Steve01SS
BTW... I saw ZERO HP gain and literally a couple ft. lbs of torque by swapping my Stainless works headers for LG "Pro" headers on my car.

Gotta raise the BS flag on this claim. Sorry too much data to suggest otherwise. How about overall power gain ? Peak doesn't mean much compared to power under the curve.
Old 05-28-2008, 06:29 PM

Im the guy waiting for your shorty headers CTS-V LEE. You got your cash . I have no shorties, cash, or email returns. You are a class A guy dude.
Old 05-28-2008, 09:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
Gotta raise the BS flag on this claim. Sorry too much data to suggest otherwise. How about overall power gain ? Peak doesn't mean much compared to power under the curve.
Throw the BS flag I don't care. There's so much BS hype on these forums. Not everyone is the same, and not every car is either. It is my personal car and saw ZERO HP gain on the dyno. Actually within 1-2 hp of my peak. I know all about peak and overall. It gained a "few" ft lbs overall and yes a small amount of tq under the curve. This was done back in 2005 using the same DynoJet both times. (RevXtreme a forum vendor's dyno) a couple months apart. We tried to optimize the tune as well for them and didn't make a difference. Dyno'd it on another local dyno and the numbers we almost identical with the after setup.

I'm probably doing Kooks 1 7/8 with my new motor, and sell my 1 3/4" Pro's. They are in great shape, but with forced induction I "want" larger primaries and they will still bring a pretty penny used. PLUS, I can buy replacement parts for the Kooks (an x-pipe) at any time. Which LG wouldn't sell me for my friends car. Or I might just say **** it and run them because I have them. If I break them, or the x-pipe then toss em in the trash.

Bottom Line.. You will NOT see 3x the gain from LG's over your $500 headers to justify the price... Yes, I have their G5X3 cam and it does make good power, so I'm not saying their products are crap.

I'm done with this bench racing thread.
Old 05-28-2008, 09:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Damn bro, if you say you didn't gain any power then you didn't gain any power. I was just saying its hard to believe. So many people do, and you didn't. Would love to see the graphs. Do you have them to post ?? It just seems like might not pick up peak hp, but you should've gained a lot of midrange TORQUE. Sorry to hear about the headers exp, but glad to hear that you love the g5x3. That cam is a beast. I bet you would love version II even more.
Old 05-29-2008, 12:12 AM
On The Tree

to the OP, have you put your headers on yet?
Old 05-29-2008, 07:58 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 03blackZ06
order your set thru them "efialchemy" I belive they carry them in stock now. Or just buy the texas-speed longtubes. not as nice looking as the ss ones but good quality for half the price of the AR/LG ones.
No we do not carry them, and they are not available.

The guy's at SSAC wanted to build a cheaper header for the Corvette, and to be honest the build quality of them was actually pretty good. These are not intended to compete with the high dollar Vette headers (ARH, LG, Kooks etc), you are not going to get the quality and RnD time in a set of headers that cost 500$ compared to one's that cost thousands more. They were intended for budget enthusiasts, and for that market I think they can do well.

Originally they had some fitment issues so they asked us to help make them fit better, nothing more.

So far, they are not done yet, we sent them what they needed to fix, and the set they returned to us had different fitment problems, so as of now they are not available.

Quick Reply: bought ssautochrome headers...