Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

haha

740whp/700wtq, SICK!

Old 09-29-2008, 06:56 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Damn.
A little timing goes a looooooong way!!!!!

11.5 deg at peak power, 11.0:1 A/F.......

738 rwhp, 697 ft/lbs!

(Remember, this is a STOCK LS6 bottom end!!!)
I'm more than impressed.

Its making 12 psi up top, which is more than we'd like, but until he gets some bigger gates, its what it will make.

I'm sure Jamie will be on with a full report, video and graphs once he is able to wipe the ear to ear grin off his face.
Old 09-29-2008, 07:07 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

LOL, anyone ever make 786 rwhp on a stock bottom end? Cause we just did......

Let the de-tuning commence, rofl!
Old 09-29-2008, 07:47 PM
On The Tree

hey great numbers,
are the pistons stock?
meth or no meth?
the tuner i used left me at 6 # springs that boost hot at 5 #.i posted my dyno slip and it is a bit short of these no.'s
what is safe ,5# or 10.5#?
three times i hit 12+ boost. by error and nothing broke.
my afr is 11.2 wot with 16.5* of time.

on another note ,some rice rocket rider plowed into my *** end, the second night out.yes i was stooped.he tore the cover and popped a pump booster fuse.what a bitch.i call to give him a non insurance break and he thinks it can be fixed for two or three hindered bucks
he maybe should go back to the hospital to check the bump on his head

again fantastic numbers ,must be a hoot to drive.

mike in mobile
Old 09-29-2008, 09:16 PM
Teching In

Amazing What were the final numbers after the detuning?
Old 09-29-2008, 09:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by zo6 vett
hey great numbers,
are the pistons stock?
meth or no meth?
the tuner i used left me at 6 # springs that boost hot at 5 #.i posted my dyno slip and it is a bit short of these no.'s
what is safe ,5# or 10.5#?
three times i hit 12+ boost. by error and nothing broke.
my afr is 11.2 wot with 16.5* of time.

on another note ,some rice rocket rider plowed into my *** end, the second night out.yes i was stooped.he tore the cover and popped a pump booster fuse.what a bitch.i call to give him a non insurance break and he thinks it can be fixed for two or three hindered bucks
he maybe should go back to the hospital to check the bump on his head

again fantastic numbers ,must be a hoot to drive.

mike in mobile
Ha, ricers suck...

The car has a fully stock bottom end, including the pistons.
AFR 205s, Thunder Trak cam (which seems to love both centrifugal boost and now turbo boost), and a Fast 90/LS2 90 setup.
Twin Precision 67s.

With 93 octane pump gas being forced through 60# mototrons, and NO meth, it made a retarded 786 rwhp/697 rwtq blowing right through the stock 85mm MAF. Peak power happened at about 6K, and was probably still climbing, but we had no intention of finding out, as we were way past any sort of 'safety zone' with a stock bottom end.
Car also has stock compression with unmilled AFR's.

At peak power it was seeing almost 12 psi, which is about 4-5 psi more than we had hoped for, but the gates couldn't hold those bad boys back.
He's looking into a new pair of gates so we can hopefully back her down to some sane number like 7-8 psi/675-700 rwhp type of deal, at least until he gets a bottom end!

Also, on the drive home, he was seeing 25 MPG at 1800 rpm for the 3 seconds that he kept his foot out of the boost. Car has great driveability, and sounds absolutely like NO OTHER Vette I have ever heard, ever.

There was no leaning on the tune or playing with the dyno to make these number either. Pump gas, a whopping 12 deg max timing....rich as hell all the way till the pump starts to run out around 5800 rpm...pressure was dropping to about 52 psi.
The first full pull showed 730 rwhp, and you could smell the tires smoking, follow up pull made 786, backed up 5 minutes later with a 783 pull.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:52 PM
12 Second Club

JAMIE CONGRATS BRO BEEN ALONG TIME COMING!!!

Chad
Old 09-29-2008, 11:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Holy **** guys. All I can say is,...(big big big grin).......that **** is wild. Wow. Can even begin how speechless that I am. I gotta tell you Mike(guys/girls)......all I could do the whole way home on the highway, was laugh my *** off. No joke,..all I was doing was laughing. I was either delerious from the fumes(which really weren't that bad)....or the several digits the car layed down on the rollers. I dunno. did I say WOW? Man, so many people to thank for the help tonight,..and with the project in general.

Big thanks to my cousin Josh for turning me into a GM junkie/horsepower freak. We've always had muscle and sports cars in our family but, Josh was the first maniac to take t to a whole other level. His blue Z06 corvette rocked the street racing world for years down here in florida....and put C5's on the map as having wicked potential. Our family is awsome for always encouraging us....even though they think we're crazy.

Big thanks to GTformula, for all of his help that he's given me in this kit,...on the phone,..traveling....traveling....and traveling just to help me out. It was quiet a long road man. I greatly appreciate it. Highly recommend you as a seller,..and as a cool indivisual. Thanks man.

Thanks to Wavrdr,..for being the gayest beotch I know,...and for also being a straight up cool mother F'r. Thanks so much for the twin disc,....I appreciate it man. Best wishes to your family,..and the lil midget on the way.

DriverModFTW.....dude,...your photography is awesome....thank you very much for your time invested into this project as well,...and making the car look really good in all of the pic's. Maybe i'll see you this week and we'll upload the vid's from Josh's camera. I tried mine just now and failed.

MIKE TURBO INC....fella's.....thank you very much for hooking me up and doing a great job with these turbo's...they came out great.

Horsepower sales of Pompano,....thanks for all of your help and support. I appreciate it, neighbors.

Nick Yoskin,...man...big thanks to you for all of the emails/pic's,...and phone calls and questions answered. I appreciate your time, and I appreciate your knowledge about the kit and the proper setup. Big props to you man.

Double A performance. Attilio,..dude, your a real craftsman and a skilled fabricator. Thank you so much for doing an awesome job on mid pipes and all of my cold side. Looking forward to the rollacage very soon man. Make some room in the shop comrad.

Vera Cadillac/Hummer/Saturn/Saab..... my place of work. Thanks to them for allowing me to build such a thing. Cool as hell.

(i'm getting tired and my girl is calling me off the hook....)

Chris Tavares...thanks for the help pimpin. I want some of that fish you caught beotch!!!

PASTVERTICAL.....you little bitch. lol. Serously man,....thank you for all of your help mr master tech. I appreciate it.

And...I know I am forgetting people but...last but not least....I gotta give a very big thanks to the people at DIABLOSPORT. Wow,...what an awesome job fella's. Thank you for allowing me to be there. Big thank to Johan Mangs,..my tuner for years on all of our projects. Can't speak highly enough about the guy, I really can't. My car runs so well now at idle and at cruse,....it's unbelieveable.

Big thanks to Bryan McMahan @ diablosport for his vast amount of knowledge and being a downright cool mother ******. I appreciate the feedback/knowledge, and all of the help on the car tonight, and making sure everything went well. Thank you for that, and for hanging out for the duration of the flight.

Mike...mike mike mike. That **** was crazy right? Wow. Thanks for all your help as well man,...with the project since day one...way back when I had my first FRC. Thanks for all of the help, and all of the knowledge that you seem to bleed. Speaking of bleeding,..holy ****. Did you see me stab myself? Blood squirted out of my thumb just like a squirt gun. That sucked but,...it's groovy now, can't even see the wound.

Anways,...I just wanted everyone to know I appreciate it, and I want everyone to know that it wouldn't have been possible without all of my friends. I appreciate the inspiring reply's,...from all of you guys. Thanks Doug(all engine C5) for the charity attempts man,..that was real honorable.

To the people I forget,...forgive me. It's now 12:06am,..and I have been huffing fumes all day.

The ride home the roads were a little wet. So I behave all the way home.....until I got to one spot off the highway. All I can say is It is wicked.....I laughed out loud like a giddy little bitch.

Yeah,..wild. I need bigger waste gates....more fuel....I may add an MSD boost a pump,...which reminds me,....ONEBADCAD... big thanks to you, you gay son O' bitch!!! lol. Thanks for the engine block outta your car that now is your daddy(lmao)(just kiddin). Seriously man, Thanks alot for all of your help Darren, I truly appreciate it. Give me a shout tomorrow when that condom falls outta your butt.

lmao. I'm starving.

Peace out.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:49 AM
TECH Resident

Im glad it worked out for you and that you got the kit on and working again. Time for me to pass the turbo torch haha. I never thought the a stock bottom end would hold that much power but I would be very careful. Imagine your car with a built motor and 23 psi how much power it would make. That about where I was at, somewhere in the 1000 to 1200 rwhp mark.

You know your taking me for a ride right haha. Lookin forward to seeing it all done. Congrates man. I know its been a hard road but nothin worth doing is easy. Thats why there are so few of us actually doing this stuff. See ya.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well brother, first and foremost congrats on the extremely amazing results !! Secondly thank you for the mention. Its always a blast to talk to you on the phone for a few minutes. I know I bothered you a few times in the past about how to do things on my car and you were always there to lend some advice. As far as the charitable attempt, you are more then welcome, I am just sorry that the spirit of giving wasn't more contagious.

Amazing numbers J, and like another poster already stated, imagine what she would be like with a forged motor and more boost ?? I don't think the world is ready for you and 20+ #'s of boost. Hell I don't think South Florida street racing is ready for you once you get used to the car and figure out what she can and can't do. It's always nice getting used to TONS of new power.

Imagine the look on the face of the first NEW ZR1 that you come across and destroy ?? 2009 zr1 105K, Authentic zr1 sunglasses $99, the look on the owners face after you own him, PRICELESS !!!

Congrats and thanks for the mention. BTW, thought you were a cool individual from the first pm bro. Don't change..............and be safe.....
Old 09-30-2008, 08:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Went back and re read some of the specifics, holy **** 2 pulls back to back that almost made 800 rwhp. Had the fuel pressure not been dropping you'd probably have hit 800 and then some to the wheels.

Another suggestion, if I were you I would start a new thread so that all the people who have missed out on this project will take a look. The title of this thread Questions for myself PICS, doesn't exactly tell the whole story.

How about something like Nearly 800 rwhp Twin Turbo FRC DIABLO Motorsports

Just my opinion. If you write the new thread I'll be subscribing. Again congrats and be safe.
Old 09-30-2008, 09:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

As has been said many times before, 'musta be da motor'; don't worry, I won't tell anyone you are driving a Caddy motor around town. Congrats, helluva wait but worth it, now keep it together, but if you do blow it up, I want one of the pistons as a paperweight. BTW, I actually saw you last night, south on I-95 around Glades Rd in Boca, I was the silver blur you gawked at.

Later, enjoy, you deserve it!!!
Old 09-30-2008, 11:17 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...7#post10202407

Started a new thread, with the dyno results here.
Old 09-30-2008, 04:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Video's please!
Old 09-30-2008, 05:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by GTFORMULA
Im glad it worked out for you and that you got the kit on and working again. Time for me to pass the turbo torch haha. I never thought the a stock bottom end would hold that much power but I would be very careful. Imagine your car with a built motor and 23 psi how much power it would make. That about where I was at, somewhere in the 1000 to 1200 rwhp mark.

You know your taking me for a ride right haha. Lookin forward to seeing it all done. Congrates man. I know its been a hard road but nothin worth doing is easy. Thats why there are so few of us actually doing this stuff. See ya.

Yeah man!!!

Never in my life would I have attempted to make that power. Just happened. Was gonna call you from the dyno last night but,..it was a little loud. Thought you'd be proud of it. Can't WAIt till the bottom end goes in...really can't. I drove the car today in the few minutes of dry weather...and I gota tell you,..wow o wow,...what a brute this thing turns into. WOW.

Thanks again for all your help man,..your a stand up guy, and again, i appreciate the help. I'll probably be heading north NEXT weekend....if your around, stop at our shop and check it out. Sure we can go blister the tires off once or twice.

...as far as the build...and time....your right man.... so much trials and error...so much money here and there but...in the end...it is worth it.

I'd do it again,..all over.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Idle..and dyno videos coming soon.

I also want to mention Mike(crazyG)...thank you so much man for all the help, and for the boost controller bro...I really appreciate it. We'll put it to good use pimpin. Get your **** done now so we can go **** up south florida.

..and marco....blackbullet1. Man, thanks for everything bro,..the wheels...the heads..suspension.... everything brother. I really appreciate it. the car, just wouldn't be what it is today without you bro. Thanks again,..and I wish you and your woman the best with the lil bun in the oven.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:56 PM
Launching!

yes james, this one time only, ::: eyes squinting, trying to stop typing)::holding my self back ::::ahhhhhhhh : -- you are POSITIVE 380.. damn. than number keeps growing. freaking a !...... . catch ya 2morrow at slave compound.
Old 09-30-2008, 06:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by pastvertical
yes james, this one time only, ::: eyes squinting, trying to stop typing)::holding my self back ::::ahhhhhhhh : -- you are POSITIVE 380.. damn. than number keeps growing. freaking a !...... . catch ya 2morrow at slave compound.
lol.

You gotta admit,...**** is crazy man. If it's dry, we'll take it for a ride tomorrow. I can't believe how strong this thing feels.

...see you at the deathstar.

Wait a minute..bitch.....get on XBOX right now!!!
Old 10-01-2008, 03:06 PM
Staging Lane

Viiiddeeeeoooooo:

6MB MP4 file. Right click, save as. Use QuickTime or VLC to watch..

http://www.frequencyequalsbass.com/d...chaos_dyno.mp4

Last edited by DriverMod_FTW; 10-06-2008 at 11:07 PM.

Quick Reply: Question for myself. PIC'S******