Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by pastvertical
As the wrench turns...lol
Thats the ticket....LOL.
Old 04-04-2009, 02:00 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
Makes me want to visit Florida. LOL, you guys should get paid for all the tourism interest you are drumming up. Keep it going, this **** toooooo funny.
I wish there was someone up there making a video, you think this is entertaining, I cant even begin to imagine the insults being slung as they wrench on the StormTrooper....lol.

Lots of love down here.....!
Old 04-04-2009, 06:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jamie is working on the car now isn't he ?? I hope he gets her going so we can hear about some serious kills on the street. That car with traction is scary.
Old 04-05-2009, 07:37 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MISSION FAIL. THE WHITEDEVIL DID NOT MAKE HER MAIDEN VOYAGE BACK HOME. i'll let james explain.
Old 04-05-2009, 07:51 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Mike@Diablosport
I wish there was someone up there making a video, you think this is entertaining, I cant even begin to imagine the insults being slung as they wrench on the StormTrooper....lol.

.. yeah. good times.. you know how we do.... .u missed out this weekend.. .. we all had a good time.. every 5 seconds someone was doing burnouts in the middle of the street, in front of josh's shop.. his old man brought out the chevelle.. smoked the tires a few times.. nice to get away.. we weighed all cars.. i'll load some pics soon.. very interesting results.. josh hooked it up with some et streets at a good price.. before my car spun everywhere.. no. it hooks hard... going to the track wed. try to make a solid 11 second pass. or just trap like 120 .. either or. will be happy.
Old 04-05-2009, 08:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah man, you hit the nail on the head. Lots and lots of fun, lots of **** talking,..jokes,.. it was great. Nice to be able to work in a shop like that, that is clean, and you don't have to worry about some boss breathing down your neck to close up the shop for the night. Very relaxed atmosphere. Great times for sure.

Big thanks to my boys for helping me out, I appreciate the time and labor very much, and I couldn't have done it witout them. Thanks Josh, andrew, and felix. However, your all, still very very gay. You we're looking at my ***** the whole time while I was trying to work. Quite frankly, I find it disturbing that you all(with the exception of my cousin,..cause, blood isn't gay) think about "****, the other white meat" soo much.

Anyways, ya big queers, big thanks again,...jediz07,pastvertical, and fIkSeWs6.

Jamie is working on the car now isn't he ?? I hope he gets her going so we can hear about some serious kills on the street. That car with traction is scary.
Just arrived at home,...made great timimng,..however, we arrived in my truck. The vette stayed. Here's the story:

We got up saturday,...12ish.... mossied(MO-ZZZ'd) our way to the shop.....sand started to take apart the 00 frc. We made great timing. I had the backup torque tube ready to go,... old one came out. I spun the driveshaft inside the torque tube,...it clanked and made thumps, and metallic noises,...as if something came apart.

We had to beat it out(the driveshaft) out. Finally, it came out,.. the BOLTS, had SHEARED themselves out of the driveshaft and the END of the drive shaft.

So, the bolts the attach the couplers to the TRI flange on the drive shaft, ripped themselves right out. I find that also very gay, and disturbing. Whatever,..i'll try and fix that later. I'll post pics, no doubt.

Put the car backtogether,...we we're done by 5:30. Went somewher well,...we screwed around alot,...waited around for an hour,..drank,..bs'd,....bs'd more,..ate..cooked out,...chilled....and banged it out.

Started it up[,.... let it warm up for 15 minutes. Rolled it out onto the private street...did a top fuel style burnout...1st and 2nd gear... blipping the throttle..... Made a U turn,...came back,...did the same thing...... Pulled into the parking lot,..and I had smoke GUSHING out from the left side seam of my car......like a possible fire... opened the hood...found coolant, sprayed onto my turbo. So,..gay,...yes. We wheeled it into the garage.. Let it cool. Lifted it up,...found that it appeared to be a hose sliced. So,...whatever, we left it for the night... figured we'd come back sunday morning.

Sunday morning, today,..we get there,..10-11 am...drain some coolant, make big mess,..mess around....bs,...bs..bs....drain more coolant, clean mess,...cut off damaged part of hose, easy, no big deal but I had to remove drivers side turbo to do so.... whatever, easy at this point in my life since my turbos have zippers on them. Then...what next?.. oh yes, while I was underneath the car I found I could remove the EBCm bracket withhout causing concern, then I put the turbo back on,...then I see that the since I mremoved my ebcm bracket...this allowed me to move my EBCM over,...which ALLOWED ME TO CLOCK MY TURBO DRAIN STRAIGHT UP AND DOWN......which means..... WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO,,....... my turbo smoke issues should DRAMATICALLY reduce themselves.....which will allow me to save up a little cash to buy that pump I need for them.

That goodness said.... I put the newly clocked turbo BACK onto the car,...and cranked her up. Then,...as it was sitting,...we found the actual coolant leak. Yeah,..my radiator end tank,..cracked at the seam. So,..I decied that I didn't feel like making everyone wait here for me to take both my turbos off,...and try and fix the problem. So,..we then go ahead and clean up........45 minutes later, my uncle, shows up with another radiator in his hand. lol. We we're all like, wtf? Turns out, it was Josh's original one. So,..that said, the shopw was mopped at that point, and I was done. So,..maybe in two weeks i'll head back up and get the car going again.

Originally Posted by pastvertical
MISSION FAIL. THE WHITEDEVIL DID NOT MAKE HER MAIDEN VOYAGE BACK HOME. i'll let james explain.

Yeah man. Thanks again for your mild jedi skills,...your a useful human being after all. Yo,...how about some pictures or video's home skillet?

Oh, and food for thought, we DID weigh our cars on some real deal scales. Pastverticals car is a 2001 Z06,...it weighed in @ 3149...no driver........ my car...... with the twin setup, and NO driver,... weighed in at 3154.

Is that **** awesome or what? 3100lbs aerodynamic rocket.

Yo, one bad cad,...you missed out pinga breath.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Great update Jamie. Sounds like you are pleased about the new discovery. (relocating your EBCm to re clock the turbo straight up/down.) Ok I guess we'll be anticipating another update in 2 weeks, hopefully with a successful ending.

I'll say it again, you should ditch the dealership and get a crew together to open your own shop. Make the money for yourself vs the man.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:59 PM
On The Tree

nice set up! i am shooting for 600 rwhp with cam heads and 150 shot next week. I made 550 rwhp on cam and 100 shot and now adding AFR 205's and 150 shot i should be there!
Old 04-06-2009, 07:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Sounds like you guys had a good weekend.

Lots of work keeping the high powered vettes running. Thank goodness you got some mechanical skills.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

I'll say it again, you should ditch the dealership and get a crew together to open your own shop. Make the money for yourself vs the man.

...I think of that everyday. We'll see. Thanks man.

Old 04-07-2009, 06:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by AZNastyz06
nice set up! i am shooting for 600 rwhp with cam heads and 150 shot next week. I made 550 rwhp on cam and 100 shot and now adding AFR 205's and 150 shot i should be there!
Hell yes you'll be there. 620-640rwhp is probably where your gonna be at. @ that level, not to many things will be able to touch you at that power level. Have fun with it man. Spray is a beautiful thing. Just could never get a race out of it with anyone.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by BlownVette 2001
Sounds like you guys had a good weekend.

Lots of work keeping the high powered vettes running. Thank goodness you got some mechanical skills.

We had alot of fun bro. We had the 67 camaro out there, the 72 chevelle out there...(as in, we pulled them out of the garage)...both big block drag radial cars. Alot of fun,..doing some big burnouts. Then we rolled my car out for a quick romp. What can I say, I was egar to go,..it was a month or two since I have driven her. So,...big nasty burnout in my car...vertical did a nice sounding 1-2 burnout down the street. It was fun. That, and all the bullshitting that we inflict on one another. Lol.... if you didn't know us, and we're watching us work,...you'd think we hated eachother...due to all the name calling.

lol. ***** awesome.

Your right about knowing a thing or two about working on the car(s). Truly fortunate. Cause, if I didn't........ I would probably be driving a pretty stock car right about now. It was nice to work were we did,..and it was nice to work with friends, who are also technicians. My cousin isn't but, he's worked on cars as I did since we were kids. Anyway,..it was a fun time, even though I didn't get to bring the car home.

We got my cousins blue rocketship running with the new manifold and new valve covers too.... almost there with that thing.

I am very happy about the weight of the car too. 3154 is AWESOME. wicked. Never would have thought it.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaWyNBMIsSE
Old 04-20-2009, 12:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Back to the top, is the 700+RWHP beast back in town?
Old 04-20-2009, 02:28 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by onebadcad
Back to the top, is the 700+RWHP beast back in town?
Ummm....no.

Maybe next time.
Old 04-20-2009, 02:43 PM
Dumb Ass Vette Moderator

Ummm....no.

Maybe next time.
And it is time to start a new thread when it does

Quick Reply: Question for myself. PIC'S******