Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Question for myself. PIC'S******

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 08:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey hows it going Doug and world?

The build has been on pause, since liast update, only due to distance from my car to myself. I have to drive almost 2 hours to reach her soo, it's not something I can do daily. My fabricator guy is moving shop to shop, which is right next door to our shop,...it's just that he's been soo busy doing the move, he hasn' had time. I do have plans to go up tomorrow after work, and finish the car. I'll be bringing a box of parts, to hopefully complete my end of the job. IE: belt, wire alternator,add coolant, add one of two jugs, drain oil, run,..then drain again,...all that, and the charge pipes. As well as fix the broken shifter setup....which still sucks. I'm surprised people don't brake that piece more.

Anyways,...hopefully more pics this weekend,...and maybe some audio/video.

I'm guessing if not this weekend,..next weekend for sure. Thanks for wondering bro. Hope all is well. I know I cannot wait. I'm dieing over here brother!
Old 06-08-2008, 12:20 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

About to see light at the end of the tunnel Jamie.

Looking forward to the next update, I would love to audio/video of the car.

Thanks for the update.
Old 06-09-2008, 11:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

No problem Alex.

Update:

Spent the weekend on the car, as well as a few others. So, ALL the time I was planning on spending on MY car, didn't happen as much as i'd like to but, I got everything that "I" could complete, completed.

I made a new water tank, which I got out of another late model GM ride. I rerouted all the hoses tomake that work. Added SOME coolant to the system. I got a belt, which ended up being about a half in short,...so I went and picked up another one and,...seeems to be a perfect match. Just so anyone knows,..the belt is 77.5 inches,..not 77. 77 would have been way to much tension for something like mine(no more blower so It didn't have to be super tight anymore.)

I soldered(soddered) whatever,...my enlongated alternator wire. I lengthened my o2's.
We have all the measurments and diameters of what is now needed PIPE/TUBING wise...so,..now, all I have to do, is make my charge pipes(waiting on the fabricator)....and make my custom after downpipe exhaust.....(which I may do out of aluminum)

I also need a mini starter. A good mini starter(not 500 dollars good either)
I need to make charge pipes
I need to make an exhaust.

Thats all that needs to be done now. Just gotta find the funds to do it,...as it's been real slow at work, and I have other obligations to take care of at the moment soo,..it's most likely gonna be a while before the car is done.

I'm on reacon for aluminum tubing/doughnuts/and aluminum V band flanges. All 3".

The length of driving(135 miles)...soo...if the car was here, it'd be probably easier but, it needs to be up there for the custom work about to take place.

Keep you allposted. Any good mini starters out thERE?
Old 06-09-2008, 01:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the update. I think that everytime someone undertakes a project that greatly advances the amount of available info on HOWTO do something and posts PICS, and explanations we should come together financially and give him a hand. J Dawg if you PM me an addy or PO box I'd be glad to send you a small donation to help get your project completed. If everyone on here sent you a Dollar (you better cut me in on the action if that happens LOL) you'd be done in no time. But seriously if a bunch of the guys that are fairly well to do sent just $1, 2, or even 5 bucks you'd have a nice chunk of change to use to pay for completion of your ride. Put me down for 5 bucks, I won't miss it.

I think of LS1tech as a community. We should really help support one another more on our projects. If that means sending 1$ in the mail to a member so that it can be put with hundreds of other dollars or even thousands then that means bigger better projects.

Feel free to flame me for posting this, but if you really needed everyone to come together to help you out then I am sure you'd appreciate the money that would be sent your way. 1000's of tech members, your 1 dollar alone won't do much, but when put in the hat together could do a lot. Just one of my thoughts.
Old 06-09-2008, 01:24 PM
Banned

I'll send him $5... if he sends more cell phone pics of his girl.
Old 06-09-2008, 01:42 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ~JOSHUA
Haha, set up a paypal account in the name of "Jamies girls' pics"...lol.
He'd be rich in no time....
Old 06-09-2008, 01:55 PM
Dumb Ass Vette Moderator

I would need a preview or two before I commit

Keith
Old 06-09-2008, 06:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

I am so glad I didn't get flamed.

The responses are exactly the type I was hoping for. This type of generosity if we really do this could become something of a trend on this board. For example when someone takes on a project and hits the financial wall a few people making a couple buck donation could really get the project done. Anyways who is going to miss a couple bucks anyways. When all the money is pooled the recipient gets to finish there project. Then we all reap the benefits from a quality write up, lots of pics, etc etc etc. Just think if a few of the sponsors jumped on the band wagon and opted to co sponsor some members by giving preferential pricing. The bar would be raised a lot on what many members would attempt to do with there cars.

Again thanks for not flaming me. Side note, J had nothing to do with this, I did it on my own, and I am serious shoot me the addy so I can put 5 on it bro.
Old 06-09-2008, 07:15 PM
TECH Resident

Jamie I have a bunch of aluminum 3" piping and couplers that I got off ebay a while back that I have left over from the first build. You could use them for yours. I will sell for dirt cheap. Pm me if you want them. PS I cant remember what was in the box but I do remember I only used two peices to make my kit.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Surprised Jamie hasn't responded to this yet. Where ya at J ?? I am trying to hook you up.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
Thanks for the update. I think that everytime someone undertakes a project that greatly advances the amount of available info on HOWTO do something and posts PICS, and explanations we should come together financially and give him a hand. J Dawg if you PM me an addy or PO box I'd be glad to send you a small donation to help get your project completed. If everyone on here sent you a Dollar (you better cut me in on the action if that happens LOL) you'd be done in no time. But seriously if a bunch of the guys that are fairly well to do sent just $1, 2, or even 5 bucks you'd have a nice chunk of change to use to pay for completion of your ride. Put me down for 5 bucks, I won't miss it.

I think of LS1tech as a community. We should really help support one another more on our projects. If that means sending 1$ in the mail to a member so that it can be put with hundreds of other dollars or even thousands then that means bigger better projects.

Feel free to flame me for posting this, but if you really needed everyone to come together to help you out then I am sure you'd appreciate the money that would be sent your way. 1000's of tech members, your 1 dollar alone won't do much, but when put in the hat together could do a lot. Just one of my thoughts.

I'm humbled Doug. Thank you for posting such a suggestion. I do appreciate that more then you could imagine. Really don't know what to say to be honest. Very cool of you man.

Old 06-10-2008, 09:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

lol. Thanks Josh. I think I actually sent you a few pic's either on saturday or friday night I thought(before I sawthis post lol).... did you get them? Girl is hot,...she told me saturday she wants to pose for playboy.

That'd be sweet...cause Jamie needs a sugar momma.

Old 06-10-2008, 09:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ls1290
I would need a preview or two before I commit

Keith

ahh.....

screw it.

Normally I wouldn't do this but....here goes. Yes,...this is her.

File too large for "forum"

Gimmie email address.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by GTFORMULA
Jamie I have a bunch of aluminum 3" piping and couplers that I got off ebay a while back that I have left over from the first build. You could use them for yours. I will sell for dirt cheap. Pm me if you want them. PS I cant remember what was in the box but I do remember I only used two peices to make my kit.

Alright man,..i'm interested for sure. How thick is it? We're planning on making an exhaust syatem out of it...so it needs to be 1/8th inch thick. I also need to find aluminum doughnuts,...because the downpipe is heading twoards the oil pan,..so it'll need a little fab to get it heading out towards the tail of the car.

It's either I go aluminum,....and save all that added weight from the kit,....or I add more to the car,...and go steel. WHich, I am trying to avoid.

I'll send you a pm.....just curious if it's 1/8th.

Thanks bro,..I appreciate the offer.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

Surprised Jamie hasn't responded to this yet. Where ya at J ?? I am trying to hook you up.
my bad dawg....been exhausted lately. 6 weeks straight of working seven days a week are taking it's toll. lack of sleep owns me.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

heres a couple of updates....pics that is...

and one of the chic but...not trying to blast her on the internet

Old 06-10-2008, 10:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

If your girl poses for playboy, I'd like an autographed copy.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:18 AM
Dumb Ass Vette Moderator

I think the line has started here

Keith
Old 06-10-2008, 10:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Oh yeah J, btw you are welcome. I just thought about some of the financial issues holding me back from getting my car to LGM and all the new stuff done. So an idea clicked that you might benefit from some financial tech support. It would be nice to get you a few bucks some how out of this. Like I said previously, I'll donate the first $5. If anyone follows up with a buck or more then cool, and if not at least we tried. So how do I get my donation sent to finish J Dawgs Turbo project ?? PM me an addy or PO Box and I'll be glad to put the donation in the mail. Good luck on getting some $$$ for the project, and good luck making everything work.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

....lol....if she gets into playboy....i'll have HER hand you a copy herself.

She's quite the character....lemme tell you.

Quick Reply: Question for myself. PIC'S******