Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

C1214 TCS Code Failure Repair possable

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 05:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default C1214 TCS Code Failure Repair possable

My 2001 Conv has this code. Have found a couple of people on Ebay that seem to be able to repair this fault, was wondering if anyone else has had there Module repaired by anyone ???

C1214 Sol Valve Relay Contact or Coil CKT Open

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...280543287&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...251629367&rd=1
Old 07-14-2008, 06:32 AM
TECH Resident

PM me and ill tell you what u can do for this problem...my ZO6 had done the same thing
Old 07-14-2008, 12:59 PM
Staging Lane

Mine Has The Same Code, I Just Ignore It. It Will Come On From Time To Time And Go Off By Itself.
Old 07-14-2008, 02:36 PM
Staging Lane

http://www.absfixer.com/
Old 07-19-2011, 11:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is there a DIY repair on this EBCM. Can you repair it yourself or just replace the module??
Old 07-20-2011, 02:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The DIY link for fixing this issue:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-t...r-fleabay.html

Use ABS fixer to have it done for you:

http://www.absfixer.com

I had this issue as well. It will not stop and it WILL get worse. If you're getting this code, eventually you will lose your ABS, AH and TCS all-together. Get this fixed.

Also, while the unit is out of the car, you can still drive it, however, you will notice that the power steering isn't the same. While you still get power steering, it will not be much assistance.

Also, just like when the code is thrown, you will not have TCS/AH/ABS. (Either way you're fucked for those services.)

I wouldn't mess around about getting this taken care of since you lose ABS specifically. While others say it's fine, I would tell you that it's stupid to drive without ABS. You could be an excellent driver and not need TCS and AH, but ABS has nothing to do with driving skills. (A kid could jump out in front of your car! You'd never know when you need ABS.)

Anyway, just my 2 cents.

EDIT:

I just wanted to say that I tried to do the DIY fix. While I could definitely do this kind of repair on my own, it was impossible to get the back panel off the EBCM. I tried everything from the thread tap to a table vice, it wasn't coming off. I eventually sent it off to ABS fixer who had it fixed and sent back in less than a week.

I also drove the car for a little over a month without the EBCM and of course no ABS, and up until the day before I got my EBCM back from ABSFixer, I didn't need ABS. But I nearly rear-ended someone on the freeway going 20MPH and locked up the tires for a sec. I was less than a foot from hitting. So even if things are going good, ABS is really a must because you really never know when you'll need it.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:45 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SCM_Crash
The DIY link for fixing this issue:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-t...r-fleabay.html

Use ABS fixer to have it done for you:

http://www.absfixer.com

I had this issue as well. It will not stop and it WILL get worse. If you're getting this code, eventually you will lose your ABS, AH and TCS all-together. Get this fixed.

Also, while the unit is out of the car, you can still drive it, however, you will notice that the power steering isn't the same. While you still get power steering, it will not be much assistance.

Also, just like when the code is thrown, you will not have TCS/AH/ABS. (Either way you're fucked for those services.)

I wouldn't mess around about getting this taken care of since you lose ABS specifically. While others say it's fine, I would tell you that it's stupid to drive without ABS. You could be an excellent driver and not need TCS and AH, but ABS has nothing to do with driving skills. (A kid could jump out in front of your car! You'd never know when you need ABS.)

Anyway, just my 2 cents.

EDIT:

I just wanted to say that I tried to do the DIY fix. While I could definitely do this kind of repair on my own, it was impossible to get the back panel off the EBCM. I tried everything from the thread tap to a table vice, it wasn't coming off. I eventually sent it off to ABS fixer who had it fixed and sent back in less than a week.

I also drove the car for a little over a month without the EBCM and of course no ABS, and up until the day before I got my EBCM back from ABSFixer, I didn't need ABS. But I nearly rear-ended someone on the freeway going 20MPH and locked up the tires for a sec. I was less than a foot from hitting. So even if things are going good, ABS is really a must because you really never know when you'll need it.
The writeup doesn't show where the EBCM is located on the car and how to access it.
Old 07-20-2011, 03:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 427LS7HCI
The writeup doesn't show where the EBCM is located on the car and how to access it.
There's a link to a PDF in that thread that shows the location and removal process.

EDIT:
Here's a direct quote from the first post with the link to the PDF
Once the grounds have been cleaned and taken care of we’ll move on to the removal of the EBCM. I'm aware that step 7 says to send it to ABSfixer. Disregard that step and we'll proceed to the disassembly of the EBCM.
Old 05-19-2012, 03:37 PM
Teching In

[QUOTE=LM1 Clive;9720028]My 2001 Conv has this code. Have found a couple of people on Ebay that seem to be able to repair this fault, was wondering if anyone else has had there Module repaired by anyone ???

C1214 Sol Valve Relay Contact or Coil CKT Open

I know this is an old thread but I came here searching for more info on this.
Always trying to learn....anyway,
We can repair the dreaded 1214 code , only $49 @ autoxpresstech .com
we still do these so I thought I would give you guys an update.

Quick Reply: C1214 TCS Code Failure Repair possable