Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Longtube headers

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2003, 02:38 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Longtube headers

George, You are not impartial on the Zo6 board. Nothing but bashing in that thread.

Old 10-08-2003, 08:42 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've come across several threads on LT Headers, and no one gives much credit to the SLPs. One LT vendor says how poorly the collector design is, and others cry about how difficult they are to install. Well some of the more POPULAR headers , I'm sure some make good power on the dyno, for all you dyno hounds. Well the SLPs have proven themselves on my car at the track. How many other stock internal A4 cars with boltons have you seen (not heard of, you know Bills friends cousins sisters ex husband) run almost 117 mph in the 1/4. The mph is what shows the HP. If my car was a 6/sp, the mph would be more like 119-120. The car even ETs well (check sig) Also look at the measley power my car makes on the dyno....That was on SLP's state of the art dyno, so as you see, they were not trying to manipulate it, to make me believe their headers made crazy power. It is... what it is.I just get tired of people ragging on SLPs headers. They work for me, and they will work for you if you give them a chance.
One note, I'm sure there may be other headers out there that will fare better with upgraded H/C, but the SLPs do work well.

The rant is over...go in peace

Mike
Old 10-09-2003, 02:03 AM
TECH Addict

You haven't proven that SLP headers are good, just that your combo works well on your car.

I'll continue to rag on SLP headers until someone can show a gain over other headers. And in my opinion it better be a pretty big gain to offset the pain in the neck install.

Btw, I dont see any dyno numbers in your sig.

How much did your car weigh when you went 116.8?

I'd like to see a car dyno with TPIS or similar headers then switch to SLP, tuned to the same AF ratio for each set.
Old 10-09-2003, 11:52 AM
Staging Lane

[quote]
You haven't proven that SLP headers are good, just that your combo works well on your car.

**** You haven't proven that they aren't good, but I'm not trying to prove anything to anyone. Just stating facts on how they perform on my ride. I did pick up after I went to the SLPs over the TPIS. MPH went up by 1 1/2 on avaeage after many trips to the track. IMO TPIS headers turned to junk after 1 year on the car, broken air tubes, rust at the welds, with a **** poor slip fit at the H pipe.****

I'll continue to rag on SLP headers until someone can show a gain over other headers. And in my opinion it better be a pretty big gain to offset the pain in the neck install.

**** Like I said above, I don't care to show or prove to you anything. You can put that tpis junk header on your car, it's your choice. And talk about a pain in the *** to install, my instructions for the installation of the tpis headers was to BEAT the H pipe onto the collectors, you know the small 2 3/4" collectors. I will continue to rag on the tpis headers, because I have had 1st hand experience with them.****

Btw, I dont see any dyno numbers in your sig.
****They are there now****

How much did your car weigh when you went 116.8?
****Don't know exactly, but last time I weighed it at Englishtown Raceway Park, it was 3450 with me in it.****

I'd like to see a car dyno with TPIS or similar headers then switch to SLP, tuned to the same AF ratio for each set.

****Dyno, Smyno, go to the freakin' track. BTW, I have STOCK air-fuel-timing maps as per GM, never touched, just LS1 edit to change shift points, eliminate torque management and abuse mode, so the car has never been tuned to the headers.****

But like I said previously, I don't give a crap what your opinion is on the SLPs,'cause you haven't stated what real life experience you have had with them. So as far as I know you are talkin'heresay. I don't care who gets what, just entering some real life, factual feedback, on the way they work on my car. So you guys that are on the ropes about which LT headers to get, take it for what it's worth.

Been nice talkin' to ya'

Mike

Old 10-09-2003, 12:40 PM
TECH Addict

If you dont want to prove anything to us, then why did you post here in the first place?

For what its worth, I dont even own TPIS headers, I was simply using them as an example since nearly all C5 headers are patterned after them.

Do you have a before and after dyno showing TPIS vs SLP headers?

Quick Reply: Longtube headers