Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

08 Z06 Caught Fire!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 03:32 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by chpmnsws6
Just so he can sue?

This is one of the things I HATE about America!!!!!!!!! Sue happy. Did you know Target has to pay out 6 million dollars because there website was not compatible with brail!?! You know who pays for it? US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure GM will take care of him. Keep us posted
Welcome to America. Little F-in babies want to sue everybody
Old 09-06-2008, 04:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
I know there are people with ridiculous cases just trying to get a quick buck. But this was and could been a more serious case. So STFU and go to a different forum if you want to complain about frivalous law suits in America. This isn't the right one. This is totally irrevelant anywho seein how the owner just wants a new car, and GM should be kissing his ***!
Old 09-06-2008, 04:32 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
X2
Old 09-06-2008, 04:44 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Badhawk
I know there are people with ridiculous cases just trying to get a quick buck. But this was and could been a more serious case. So STFU and go to a different forum if you want to complain about frivalous law suits in America. This isn't the right one. This is totally irrevelant anywho seein how the owner just wants a new car, and GM should be kissing his ***!
How do you figure? He wasn't injured, he wasn't harmed. The car is hurt. Some people here are telling him to sue. For what? What could get get out of a GM aside from a replacement vehicle. He's not going to make millions, he's not going to get a new ZR1 like some people said he should . Hell GM hasn't even come up with a resolution yet.
Old 09-06-2008, 05:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

He wasn't hurt though. He was smart enough to step out of the vehicle. If your a dumb enough to stay in the vehicle, then you should go up in flames with it.

Does anyone remember the lady who sued McDonalds because she spilled..... get this..... HOT COFFEE on herself?
Old 09-06-2008, 06:09 PM
On The Tree

He wasn't hurt though. He was smart enough to step out of the vehicle. If your a dumb enough to stay in the vehicle, then you should go up in flames with it.

Does anyone remember the lady who sued McDonalds because she spilled..... get this..... HOT COFFEE on herself?
Yeah luckily he noticed the sparks and was able to get off the highway in time before a gas line melted. Even though he wasn't injured or worse, he came real close! I am not a lawyer, but if it was my son who was in my brand new car with 6xx miles on it I would be pretty upset cuz something like this should NOT happen. Anyway don't compare this to the lady who spilled coffee on herself,
or the blind person suing target???, nor the burglar who hurt himself breaking into someones house! Grow up or
Old 09-06-2008, 06:23 PM
12 Second Club

So what he sue for? $10 miiiiillllllion dollars?
Old 09-06-2008, 08:37 PM
TECH Addict

Yeah luckily he noticed the sparks and was able to get off the highway in time before a gas line melted. Even though he wasn't injured or worse, he came real close! I am not a lawyer, but if it was my son who was in my brand new car with 6xx miles on it I would be pretty upset cuz something like this should NOT happen. Anyway don't compare this to the lady who spilled coffee on herself,
or the blind person suing target???, nor the burglar who hurt himself breaking into someones house! Grow up or
Grow up? I'm not the sue happy one looking to make a quick buck off a company that's already in turmoil and trying to straighten itself out.
Old 09-06-2008, 09:06 PM
Launching!

Old 09-06-2008, 09:41 PM
Staging Lane

man that really sucks... this is kinda f'ed up but i wish i was thereputting it out... its not everyday u see a brand new Z06 on fire ya know... good luck with that. shouldnt your insurance replace that vehicle anyways? hurry with those pics lol...again.. good luck to ya
Old 09-06-2008, 10:57 PM
Launching!

Yeah lets help put a company out of business that built the cars that we all have enough passion about, to make an enthusiast site about them. Go sell your car and drive a pinto you suit happy loser. Why dont you go ahead and sue me for that too.
Old 09-07-2008, 07:38 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Nwmembr19

Yeah lets help put a company out of business that built the cars that we all have enough passion about, to make an enthusiast site about them. Go sell your car and drive a pinto you suit happy loser. Why dont you go ahead and sue me for that too.
YOUR AN IDIOT! I AM NOT SUE HAPPY NOR DID i SAY HE SHOULD SUE GM. I'm just sticking up for the people who mention'd it. If GM doesn't get this problem resolved they obviousley do not care about their consumers or enthusiasts. Why don't you go buy a 70 thousand dollar fiberglass campfire and then tell me how you feel when gm gives you the runaround.
This thread needs to be locked.
Old 09-07-2008, 07:42 AM
On The Tree

Grow up? I'm not the sue happy one looking to make a quick buck off a company that's already in turmoil and trying to straighten itself out.
Neither am I. But not one of us is in this situation either.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:19 AM
12 Second Club

If GM doesn't get this problem resolved
Right, IF. People are telling him to just sue now lol.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:22 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by NBM2001z28
Personally I would've put off the phone call a minute or two longer. Make sure she isnt repairable at least. You dont want her back.
I would have dropped my phone. Numerous times.

BTW, all of you that mention suing GM as your first thought are exactly what is wrong with our society today. Everyone wants and easy buck instead of working for it.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:55 AM
TECH Junkie

Oh look, another one had caught fire. About half way down.
Old 09-07-2008, 11:15 PM
On The Tree

woah that's insane, hopefully you get yourself a new car.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

any updates, or pics?
Old 09-08-2008, 11:08 PM
TECH Junkie

love when ppl bring up that case. u do realize that there was much more to that case? as in the temp of the coffee was much hotter than the typical coffee brewed by a typical maker. that wasn't the big issue taht caused it to blow up into a huge case. it was mcdonalds refusing to do anything for her when all she wanted was for her basic treatment to be covered. they got slammed for punitive damages.

the whole ford pinto fireball is a much better example of henious crap that was justly sued for

sucks about the Z06, but sounds like u are handling it properly and justly. cars rarely have issues and as long as GM does right by you in the end, it should all be good and fair. damn suehappy idiots are why this country is becoming a gigantic minge. everybody too scared to do anything or take a stand for anything for fear of litigation
Old 09-08-2008, 11:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Why are we talking about law suits? WTF?!

Where are the pics?

W

Quick Reply: 08 Z06 Caught Fire!!!!